ARRAY(0xa0bc4450)

Profile for Mr. K. P. Hoffin > Reviews

Content by Mr. K. P. Hoffin

Mr. K. P. Hoffin "{TAgW} Kev" (UK)

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars what the hell?, 1 Mar 2013
Who allows stuff like this? You can't mean to tell me someone would buy something with this on it? This is definitely the most offensive item of clothing I've ever seen. Is it meant to be funny?

Black Metal: Beyond the Darkness
Black Metal: Beyond the Darkness
by Louis Pattison
Price: 19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Collection, 13 July 2012
I have been eagerly waiting for the release of this title since November, and I haven't been disappointed. If you enjoyed Masciandro's "Hideous Gnosis" this is the product for you. More academically inclined than Lords of Chaos, and stretches far beyond the Norwegian second wave of Black Metal.

Grandma's House - Series 1 [DVD]
Grandma's House - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Simon Amstell
Price: 6.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandma's House, 29 Dec 2011
I bought this sitcom on a whim after watching "Do Nothing," Simon's stand-up set. Simon stars as a version of himself, which gives the whole sitcom a pleasing sense of familiarity and realism. The first episode especially introduces the dichotomy between the rude, acerbic Simon on NMTB and the sensitive if-a-little-narcissistic Simon in Grandma's House.

It really is quite an interesting sitcom, and I've heard that a second series is being shot.

The actors in it Simon himself, Samantha Spiro, Rebecca Front, and Geoffery Hutchings (who sadly passed on recently) all put in fantastically subdued performances, lending the series a feel reminiscent of the Royle Family. A familiarity sorely missing from the many sitcoms.

Overall. Buy this. You will not regret it.

Recipe For Disaster [DVD]
Recipe For Disaster [DVD]
Offered by qualityfilmsfromuk
Price: 17.99

3.0 out of 5 stars The First 3PW Wrestling DVD I have purchased, 27 Oct 2011
This review is from: Recipe For Disaster [DVD] (DVD)
Match card:-

Kid Kash vs Kid Kruel- 4/5 This is a great opening match, lots of aerial work. Not going to focus on any indivdual competitors, but some very nice spots here.

Da Hit Squad vs. Balls Mahoney & NOSAWA -3/5 Balls Mahoney is entertaining to watch any time, and the usually chair-swingin' freak action makes for a sweet finish. Da Hit Squad however, are less than tight in this match.

Wet T-Shirt Contest -0/5- strictly just to entertain the rednecks who like boobs over violence. Pointless exercise.

Rob Eckos & Matt Striker vs. Josh Daniels & Damian Adams - 2.5/5 kinda average really, had never seen Matt Striker perform in-ring before, worth watching for that, but average

Low Ki vs. Homicide- 5/5- This match is the best of the night. Hands down.

Pitbull Gary Wolfe vs. Raven vs. Xavier (3PW Title Match) 2/5- Being a huge fan of Raven, I was severely disappointed by this match.

Terry Funk vs. Sabu 1/5- How can this match go wrong? I'll tell you, it's far too short and too safe. After seeing the "amount of punishment" that these two have dished out to each other in other matches, this is barely even believable. Terrible main event.

Bonus: Abdullah vs. Sullivan- 3/5 Despite interesting run-ins, this match lumbers on and doesn't entertain in the least.

I've only seen one 3PW show, and can't judge them based on this, so I'll pick up some more, but after watching this, I think a lot of the talent and the danger element were far better protrayed in XPW.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Believe My Eyes..., 26 July 2011
To anyone that is even considering purchasing one of these... I urge you to go ahead and make this purchase, you will not regret it.

When I first turned mine on, just as advertised I was amazed by the screen, the clarity of the text is a joy to behold. It is also true that you do forget you're using one very quickly.

I held out buying one due to believing that there was no need to carry 3,500 books on your person at any one time, it turns out that this function is far more useful than it sounds. With this I can instantly refer to any subject in my library without having to open hundreds of quite hefty books.

The turning point for me was the moment that I typed "Criminology" into the Kindle Store search box, and the results were astounding. There is still going to be a need for me to purchase books, but the act of condensing a whole library into one incredibly small piece of technology is a wonder that I've not quite got over.

Thank you Amazon, you've made my MA & PhD research that much easier.

Seek And Destroy: 16 Nu-Metal Extremes
Seek And Destroy: 16 Nu-Metal Extremes
Offered by para-dise
Price: 1.78

4.0 out of 5 stars nu-metal and more, 5 Aug 2007
to be completely honest, there really arent many songs on here that go into the nu-metal genre. Examples of nu-metal here are coal chamber and Downer, ad the Machine Head song, "Supercharger" (essentially a commercially disasterous nu-metal album, was good but not great) The other bands here provide an amazing compilation.

But anything that starts off with QOTSA does not get five stars.

You Fail Me
You Fail Me
Price: 9.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 7 Feb 2005
This review is from: You Fail Me (Audio CD)
This is converge at their best, a total bruiser of an album combining metal punk and visceral fury to great effect.