Profile for Chris > Reviews

Chris

Bose ® SoundLink ® Mini Bluetooth Speaker - Silver
Bose ® SoundLink ® Mini Bluetooth Speaker - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, 23 Jan. 2014
I cannot speak highly enough of this speaker. The audio quality is stunning and blew me away. I also have a Damson Oyster, and although that is a decent speaker it isn't a patch on the Bose in terms of sound clarity and punch. Seems expensive, but you won't be disappointed. I've read some reviews suggesting compatibility issues with IOS7 - it works perfectly for me with all of my apple devices (on IOS7).

Damson Oyster Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker - White
Damson Oyster Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker - White
Offered by Mootech

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent, but better available, 23 Jan. 2014
Having bought this based on the positive Amazon reviews (and the fact that it was reduced to £100 on a lightning deal), I must admit to being slightly disappointed when it arrived (perhaps based on my expectations being set so high).
Firstly the positives: The packaging is impressive, and the speaker looks excellent, with a great design and a quality feel to it. Pairing was quick and straightforward. The replaceable grills are a good idea, however so far I've not found anyone who sells them in the UK (apart from Damson - where they are out of stock!).
The main downside for me is the audio quality. It's not bad, but just not as good as I was expecting. It's difficult to put into words exactly, however the best way I can describe it is a little tinny (distant sounding with a bit of an echo) and as a result slightly lacking clarity. I also have a Bose sound-link mini (which was a Christmas gift from my wife around the same time as I bought the Oyster) which absolutely blew me away in terms of it's punchy sound quality (even without aptX) and far superior to the Oyster when compared side by side (although I ended up keeping both speakers).
In summary, the Oyster is a decent bluetooth speaker that just lacks a little in the sound department to get full marks. Anyone looking for a portable bluetooth speaker I advise you try the Bose..... It's a bit more expensive but you won't be disappointed ( it really is so much better than the Oyster).
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 5, 2014 7:23 PM GMT