Profile for Jason Gaston > Reviews

Content by Jason Gaston
Top Reviewer Ranking: 836

Jason Gaston "Jay & Jenny" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Megableu Creepy Hand
Megableu Creepy Hand

5.0 out of 5 stars Spin the bottle / Truth or dare with a creepy hand gimmick repacing the bottle. LOVE IT!!!!!!, 28 Oct 2014
This review is from: Megableu Creepy Hand (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a new age twist on an old game (for those not familiar called "Spin the Bottle") Essentially a person is picked at random by (what used to be a manually spun bottle) in this instance a slightly creepy and larger than life green hand that (powered by a couple of AA batteries) runs around in circles on your smooth surface and stops with one finger extended to point out the next victim. The person the has to pick TRUTH or DARE from a card, if they do not tell the truth or do the dare then they must pay the forfeit on the bottom of the card. Now when we used to play this game as kids or even young adults the "dare" part of the game would be not really suitable for kids HOWEVER this being a family game I am pleased to say that after a quick pre scan of the cards that this really is a family game suitable for kids of all ages. Nothing too daring or risky but stuff like make funny noises and dance about like a monkey etc the kind of thing that if you Nan is doing on Christmas day will indeed bring hours and hours of fun and laughter.
Build quality of the hand is decent enough and appears to be built to last. Battery life I would imagine would be quite good as there is not a great deal of movement. It works very well on a smooth surface such as a dining table or laminate flooring but struggles to move on a carpet surface however shallow the pile.
All in all this new twist on an old game is enough of a revamp to introduce kids to the fun of family games that do not require a games console or a tv.
as a side note this could be a fun game for adults to play too especially if the vino is flowing if you know what I mean.
Top game that is reassuringly suitable for kids of all ages.

Hama Star 61 Tripod
Hama Star 61 Tripod

5.0 out of 5 stars An impressive first tripod and maybe the only one you will ever need., 22 Oct 2014
This review is from: Hama Star 61 Tripod (Accessory)
Now I am by no means even an amateur photographer BUT I have a nice big DSLR camera and if I want to push the boundaries of my photography a tripod is essential. I opted for this as the reviews vs the price really added up and I have to say I was not disappointed in the slightest. It comes boxed and in a zip up bag, when folded down its about 2ft when fully extended (center as well) I can stand with my camera at eye level without stooping at all. Robust enough for what I need and if you want to weigh it down you can hang a bag or weight from the center but I didn't feel that was necessary. I have successfully used this for still photography and for recording videos both indoor and outdoor and thus far do not have a single complaint whatsoever. you can adjust everything possible from angle, height and position, its light, its secure and I'm running out of positive things to say so just BUY IT!!!

Hotpoint Multifunctional Food Processor Fully Accessorised, 1000 Watt, Silver
Hotpoint Multifunctional Food Processor Fully Accessorised, 1000 Watt, Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars The kitchen equivelant to a swiss army knife, 22 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you are reading this then I am going to stick my neck out and assume (yes I know I run the risk of making an ass out of u and me) that you know what a food processor is. Many of the reviews I have seen in recent times tend to sell a product as if its the first one on the market and nobody knows what this new gizmo is. Well this is a food processor so I'm not going to insult your intelligence by telling you what it does, I am however going to tell you what I think of its performance. First glance this (as kitchen appliances go) is a very attractive piece of kit. Its large enough to be a little intimidating and has more accessories than a barbie doll. It cuts chops slices dices purees blends grinds juices and well.... processes too many things for me to mention and it does it well. Its not the quietest appliance in the kitchen by a long shot but I have definitely experienced much louder food processors and blenders over the years. It has suction feet although its apply weighted enough to be secure especially if its full of food/liquid. Relatively easy to dismantle and easy to clean (dishwasher safe for all you lazy/posh people) some of the blades can be a little tricky to attach but maybe that is just my big silly man hands but I managed to attach all blades etc without too much money going into the swear box. All in all this is a hand piece of equipment for any kitchen that cooks or bakes on even a small and infrequent scale as its versatility replaces many other kitchen appliances so my advice is if your a cook or a baker upgrade you old blender, chopper, grater, dicer, slicer for an all in one unit that does more jobs than a single parent, is easy to clean and doesn't look half bad on the worktop. Top notch design and equally impressive performance.

HSD Fashion Luxury PU Leather Wallet Flip Case with Credit Card Slots & Holder For Samsung Galaxy S4 MINI I9190 / I9195 (Red/Yellow/Pink)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice case.............when it finally arrived., 13 Oct 2014
Nice product, well worth the money, well put together and holds the phone nice and snug and offers nice protection. comes complete with a wrist strap too which attaches itself to the spine of the wallet, magnetic clip could do with being a bit stronger. has storage for up to 3 credit cards which does add weight and bulk to the overall feel of the product and be warned credit cards can scratch your screen too.

The only thing that let this product down was the delivery time. Took almost a month to arrive which by todays standards is completely unacceptable.

Graco Snuggle Swing (Benny & Bell)
Graco Snuggle Swing (Benny & Bell)

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive batteries aside this is a very good product that worked a treat on our baby., 13 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This suprisingly large swing takes up a fair bit of space so anyone who is limited on space should beware as the footprint of this is deceptively large compared to the images on Amazon. The box is pretty bulky too but assembly took my Mrs approx 25 mins from box open to baby in seat. The swinging motion is very smooth and almost silent in its action and the different speeds are noticeable to something to suit every baby Im sure. Annoyingly the unit takes 4 x D size cell batteries (the big fat ones) which can be quite expensive and no option of mains power cable or even an adapter to add mains power so it will be interesting to see how long the batteries last with continued use. The unit plays music which can be a little annoying to most adults as the quality is pretty poor considering the price tag of this unit and the soothing sounds is also a little bit on the cheap and nasty side of quality HOWEVER the soothing sounds certainly do work so as annoying as they may be to mum and dad Im pretty sure the proof is in the pudding and a snoozing baby is proof enough for me. The only drawback on this swing is it doesn't seem to specify or even recommend a age/size/weight for baby so as a general rule an average size newborn can fit easily in this and almost look a little lost and even our baby who is 6 months old and growing by the minute fits very easily into the chair however as she is more active and progressing she wont settle in this long enough to get to sleep as she is trying to sit up etc.
All in all a very good product indeed which does the job and does it well.

Gro Hush Baby Calmer
Gro Hush Baby Calmer

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute GODSEND!!!!!!!, 18 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We have been using a similar app to this on our smartphones to get the baby to sleep so we are all to familiar (and grateful) to white noise as it has helped on countless occasions. This little gizmo replaces the need for either me or mum to relinquish our phones so the baby can get to sleep with the minimum of fuss. I can't stress quite how well this works. And the fact that it is quieter than the app we had previously used is just a bonus. Good things really do come in small packages and this really REALLY is a good thing. To any parents (or parents to be) this is money WELL spent and we will be recommending this to anyone and everyone. The white noise works best on our baby but I'm sure the other loops of noise will be just as efficient with others.
Bottom line don't even think about it JUST BUY IT!!! You will thank me.

Golden Bear 28cm Henry Hugglemonster Roar Back
Golden Bear 28cm Henry Hugglemonster Roar Back

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids will love it.....when parents finally let them have a go., 16 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This really is a good toy. On the surface alone for the pricetag it seems almost unreasonable for a cuddly toy that although big is not huge. For the price of this even the most uncoordinated could probably win a much bigger toy at even the most corrupt of fairground stalls but (as any man will tell you) size isn't everything. Quality over quantity and all that good stuff. Its not what you have got but what you can do with it and what you can do with this (which is VERY rare these days) is entertain adults AND kids with equal measure and hilarity. For generations the act of repeating what someone has just said in a silly voice has brought laughter to all (except usually the mocked individual) so imagine your amusement when you squeeze Henry's hand and he not only repeats what you have said in a funny high pitched voice but his mouth moves as well. I swear if you are already in a good mood this will have you in tears of laughter. Oh hang on its for the kids?????
The toy itself is very well made, big enough to impress but small enough for even the tinyest of arms to get around for a cuddle.
Battery life seems to be ok as we have hammered this and its still going strong.
Great toy. Lovely to hug (as the name suggests) and absolutely hilarious to play with for kids and immature adults alike. Top marks

Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier
Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier

1.0 out of 5 stars Better results available from MUCH cheaper devices. Avoid, 16 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
**NOTE** This review is for the Soundblaster E1 as this is the model that was sent to me.

Im not sure if there is meant to be a great deal of difference but The E1 is a small device (about the size of a cigarette lighter which boast the potential to be a headphone amp "increasing the level of audio detail and resolution for a previously unreachable listening experience for both pc and smartphone" With the £90 pricetag at time of review I have to say this is NOT worth the money at all. Yeah it does give your music a definite and noticable bump in volume but you can get the same results from a Fiio E06 for less than a quarter of the price.

Quite simply not worth the money at all.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 25, 2014 10:55 AM BST

Oral-B Trizone 2000 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Powered by Braun
Oral-B Trizone 2000 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Powered by Braun

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money and outstanding value compared to other on the market, 9 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is my first Oral-B toothbrush after using (and reviewing) a couple of Sonicare models. I have to say I am impressed thus far and instantly this is a different animal in many ways. Visibly this is not as clinical looking as others and more resembles a "normal" or traditional toothbrush with its attractive green trim. First thing of note is the head is considerably larger than other models and the bristles seem a fair bit firmer too. Weight wise this is pretty much normal in the electric toothbrush rang and if this is your first you will soon adjust to the ergonomics of having (compared to a regular toothbrush) heavier tool in your hands but not having to use any energy to move it so the balance is struck and the payback is satisfying. On a side note if this is your first electric toothbrush its pretty much like any other power tool vs manual its heavier but takes little to no effort and gives a far superior end result.

I took the instructions to be gospel and charged this toothbrush up for a full 24 hours (side note as with most toothbrushes this is a 2 pin plug so unless you have a posh bathroom you will also require a shaving plug adapter to use this) charging is indicated by the light either flashing or solid so you don't need to set a stopwatch when your charging. As stated previously the head is larger than most electric models and with the stiffer bristles it looks and feels more traditional. The motion is more substantial than a sonicare model and this could be a thumbs up or a thumbs down depending on you preference so bear this in mind before you purchase.

I can hand on heart say after a few brushes this performs as well (if not better) than models twice as expensive and left my teeth with that dentist clean feel that you simply can't obtain with a normal toothbrush.

Overall this is a quality product and as a bonus the replaceable heads are very competitively priced so add onto the fact that the Amazon price for this is less than half the price of some other electric toothbrushes and if you are on a financial budget this is definitely one to consider.

Philips GC6611/30 SpeedCare Iron Steam Generator - 120g Steam Boost, 1.2L Water Tank, 2400W, Purple

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good performance if the size and price doesn't put you off., 23 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am no expert on steam generator irons but I will give my honest view of the product based on my findings but not compared to anything similar. First impressions where this is a very bulky item compared to a "normal" iron and the question has to be does the performance justify the size? The answer is its a matter of opinion. I have a decent iron and although this is a GOOD iron the performance doesn't quite justify the size. Thats not to say this is not a very good iron indeed, it whizzed though jeans and cottons like a hot knife though butter and performance was VERY good on every item I tried, the cable stores away inside the unit which is a big plus. The capacity for water is quite substantial and the steam generator feature is very good for making very very easy work of creases in denim etc. The task of ironing is quite a noisy one with this iron and without sounding negative given the price and size of the unit compared to a smaller and cheaper iron the performance doesn't really do it for me.
I feel I have to finish off by saying this IS a good iron and the performance is very very good hence the 4 star rating.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20