Profile for Jason Gaston > Reviews

Content by Jason Gaston
Top Reviewer Ranking: 851

Jason Gaston "Jay & Jenny" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Tacwise 191ELS with 180 Nail Selection Pack & 91 Staple Selection Pack (Bundle Pack)
Price: 76.37

4.0 out of 5 stars Reliable, Versatile and..........Orange., 3 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First impressions: Reassuringly heavy, Excellent bundle with an assortment of nails and staples, Ergonomically feels good. Cable length could have been a bit longer (but what handyman worth his salt doesn't have an extention lead?) Easy to load, Easy to use and erm..... its bright orange ha ha.

I did a test run on this using an assortment of staples and nails on a few different types of wood. I am please to say I exprienced no jamming whatsoever while using the gun and the safety feature is a real BIG thumbs up. I found on some of the nails in certain types of wood I had to finish the job off with a tap as it was not flush to the surface but this only happened less than 5% of the time and was probably a knot in the wood. Personally I would have liked a case with this or at least a "proper" box, branded with picture on the front etc as the plain carboard box will get swallowed up in a work van and be much harder to spot. Ideally a nice hard case with room for media (staples/nails etc) would have been perfect and I think Tacwise have dropped the ball slghtly by not including this as for the price it seems a bit of an oversight or even if the price was increased slightly to compensate for the case Im sure most people would prefer that. Maybe its just me.
an easy 4 stars only let down by the lack of case and cable length. A chargable unit with a case would be worth the extra money.

Philips Sonicare HX6511/43 EasyClean White Rechargeable Toothbrush
Philips Sonicare HX6511/43 EasyClean White Rechargeable Toothbrush
Price: 89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Squeaky clean teeth every time you brush., 24 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is my 3rd electric toothbrush and I was reluctant to admit that there would be any improvement on an already top of the range model but I am happy to admit I was wrong.
Firstly this is much lighter than previous models I have used. It is also MUCH less noisy which as I work shifts is a big bonus because the last thing you want is to be making noise at 5am.
The head on this particular toothbrush is considerably smaller than previous models and electric toothbrushes are smaller than a regular one so if this is your first electric toothbrush you may be put off by the small head and see it as insufficient but let me assure you this is not the case. This toothbrush will give you that "dentist clean" feel every single time you use it. It has an automatic timer which cuts out after you have brushed your teeth for a sufficient amount of time something you will learn to time so you can get a fair go over the whole set of your teeth. If this is your first electric toothbrush please resist the temptation to scrub back and forth etc and let this electric toothbrush do all the hard work for you, all you need to do is slowly move the head over your teeth with a slight bit of pressure. TIP: Place a small amount of toothpaste on the brush head then place in your mouth putting the paste against your teeth BEFORE you switch it on otherwise you will get toothpaste all over the place.

In a nutshell electric toothbrushes give you a MUCH better level of oral hygiene and make your mouth feel cleaner and fresher than any regular toothbrush can ever do and THIS particular model is very VERY good indeed.
Top marks and full smiles.

PG tips Peppermint Pyramid Tea Bags 22 g (Pack of 4, Total 80 Tea Bags)
PG tips Peppermint Pyramid Tea Bags 22 g (Pack of 4, Total 80 Tea Bags)
Price: 4.76

4.0 out of 5 stars An aquired taste with some legitimate benefits, 19 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As with anything like this its a matter of an individuals taste buds so my opinion will no doubt differ to some but here goes anyway with my findings.
First off this is very refreshing and the peppermint is undeniably present. It can be a little sickly after a while but that may be due to my personal preference of leaving the bag in the cup for a stronger taste.... Maybe thats my own fault ha ha.
I find this a very good detox for a hangover if you have consumed a lot of alcohol the night before and have indigestion or reflux this is a very efficient cure for me and makes any burps a lot more platable due to the mint flavour too.
I also like this for cold and flu feelings especially blocked nose or sinus issues.
It also helps me with any mild stomach irritations and I find if I drink this at night I get a better nights sleep too.
This is my first dabble with peppermint tea as I usually drink regular green tea but I have to say the taste and the benefits have won me over and I will definitely be re-purchasing this once the box is empty.

Disney Princess Cosy Chair
Disney Princess Cosy Chair
Price: 18.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, any little girl will be over the moon with this., 26 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I once again am blown away by some of the negativitly I see in reviews.
ITS AN INFLATABLE CHAIR!!!
And for what it is its a very nice one too. The colours are vivid, the chair is comfortable (you can blow it up as soft or as firm as required) the cover comes off and is machine washable. What is there not to love about this.
Its practical as well as it can easily be deflated to save space. Lovely gift that will be used for as long as little bums can fit in it.

Galt Toys First Rattle Set
Galt Toys First Rattle Set
Price: 10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Our baby loves these and so do we., 26 May 2014
This review is from: Galt Toys First Rattle Set (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Our baby is 9 weeks old and these wearable rattles have introduced her to her hands and feet.
The set consists of 2 x socks and 2 x wristbands, Very well produced, no lose ends or sharp threads, Brightly colored and substantial rattle to gain attention, even some of the ears have a rustley sound to them as well. Our baby took a while to move enough to realise what they where but once she did she was captivated by them and now randomly her hands or her feet catch her eye even when she is not wearing them too.
fully machine washable and the velcro is substantial enough to stay on even with a good shake.
Well worth the money just for parents enterntainment as well as babys education.

Belkin Slim Fit Arm Band for Samsung Galaxy S5 - Black
Belkin Slim Fit Arm Band for Samsung Galaxy S5 - Black
Price: 19.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Used on a Galaxy s4, 26 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Firstly as my title suggests I used this product on my Galaxy S4 (it does state on the package for S5 or S4)
This is far superior to my other sports armband and it seems Belkin have really spent a bit of time on this product as it really does cover all bases. It feels great around my arm, nice and snug and sturdy, enough strap for a biggish or smaller arm (obviously mine are HUGE) the velcro is sufficient enough to withstand a bit of motion when running without budging at all, there are all the required gaps to allow sound out and also headphones in but there is a substantial flap over the top of the phone making this pretty protected against rain whilst running (something my previous arm band does not have)
All in all I am very impressed with this armband for running and would absolutely recommend this over a slightly cheaper but hugely inferior alternative.
an EASY 5 stars

Goo.ey for Samsung Galaxy S4 (Red) - Skin
Goo.ey for Samsung Galaxy S4 (Red) - Skin
Price: 14.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced and offers ZERO protection, 26 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I feel I must write this review in order to inform potential buyers as to what exactly this is. IT IS NOT A PHONE CASE as the picture and title of "skin" may suggest.
Its a very nicely shaped rubbery sticker that fits quite snuggly on the back of the phone and feels quite nice in hand and really does a very good job of stopping your phone sliding on a smooth surface however it offers no protection whatsoever to you phone other than the battery cover the sides corners an more importantly the screen is completely naked and the bulk of the actual sticker/skin makes it impossible to put in any other form of case or wallet so its kinda useless as protection but does stop slippage on smooth surfaces but in all not really worth the money and i will probably remove mine soon as my phone now doesn't fit in my armband, wallet case or car holder.
The inclusion of a bumper case and a screen protector may have made this a worthwhile purchase but as it does not I cannot recommend this product.

Fisher-Price Space Saver High Chair
Fisher-Price Space Saver High Chair
Price: 45.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Very practicle Very Secure and Very Useful indeed., 12 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you have limited space or eat out a lot then this really is a dream product. The basis of it is this its a highchair without the legs that attaches to a "normal" chair hence eliminating the need for an extra chair around the table. In theory this is a good idea however when attached to our dining table chair it then rendered the chair unable to push under the table so space saving isn't really that much of a selling point HOWEVER this product is a genuinely practical product indeed. It can be quite easy and securely fastened to a regular dining chair (we have tried it on 2 home ones and 3 cafe/restaurant chairs with 100% ease and success) the tray is easily removed for cleaning (and is dishwasher safe for you lazy/practical types who don't wanna get there hands wet) and if the space saving is an issue then you can just as easy remove the unit from a chair and store elsewhere. The real selling point for this is familiarity which with babies and toddlers is an ESSENTIAL part of a successful mealtime so being able to use this product at home and also pop it into the boot and take out or to the grandparents is a real godsend.
2 very confident thumbs up for this product.

Garmin Vivofit Wireless Fitness Wrist Band and Activity Monitor - Black
Garmin Vivofit Wireless Fitness Wrist Band and Activity Monitor - Black
Price: 79.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable and cheaper apps available for smartphone users, 12 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a good idea for a product and I was excited to use it but it pains me to say it is (for me anyway) a complete waste of money. I run between 3 and 4 times a week and have used various apps over the years with varying results in terms of accuracy and reliability ranging from blackberry, android and Iphone and I can honestly say I get a better result accuracy wise from a free app I am currently using on my android mobile phone. The device is comfortable to wear and not as intrusive as I thought it would be, set up was a bit of a pain and no included instructions its all online but you are invited to wear the product 24/7 as it wants to monitor you every move to give an "accurate" report this in theory is a good idea but the clever boffins at Garmin seemed to have forgotten that real people do travel by plains trains and automobiles as well an this can make for a very inaccurate reading indeed. As with most satellite/gps dependent services it can also be affected by weather conditions or general location and again this can result in some "blips" so personally I dont think this product is worth the money at all. I am currently using Strava Run free app and its more than suitable for my personal needs.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 14, 2014 10:32 PM BST

Omron Healthcare M6 Comfort Upper Arm Blood Pressure monitor
Omron Healthcare M6 Comfort Upper Arm Blood Pressure monitor
Offered by K.K. Electronics
Price: 61.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product but much cheaper options available hence rating., 12 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have given this product 3 stars and that is no reflection at all on the product quality or accuracy (unless you know a doctor it would be very difficult to confirm the accuracy) as it is a very good product supplied with required AA batteries a VERY indepth instruction manual and handy travel case however as my title suggests there is much much cheaper alternatives for the layman who just wants to see if there blood pressure (heart rate falls into the "normal" category. This product certainly has a lot of extra options like storing a back catalog of results for 2 seperate users (handy to prevent yours and your partners results getting mixed up) there is also a handy chart to manually record you results and see if your results fall into the "normal" category. As I said the product itself is very very good indeed with some very handy features but at almost 100 I cannot give it more than 3 stars when I can get a wrist cuff blood pressure monitor for under a tenner.
If you require all the features this unit boasts and don't mind paying the price then it is highly recommended but if you just wanna check your resting heart rate or generally keep an eye on your blood pressure then I recommend a trip to Home Bargains.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20