Profile for Jason Gaston > Reviews

Content by Jason Gaston
Top Reviewer Ranking: 870

Jason Gaston "Jay & Jenny" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Philips GC6611/30 SpeedCare Iron Steam Generator with 120 g Steam Boost and 1.2 Litre Water Tank, 1200 ml, 2400 Watt, 4.2 Bar, Purple
Price: 90.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good performance if the size and price doesn't put you off., 23 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am no expert on steam generator irons but I will give my honest view of the product based on my findings but not compared to anything similar. First impressions where this is a very bulky item compared to a "normal" iron and the question has to be does the performance justify the size? The answer is its a matter of opinion. I have a decent iron and although this is a GOOD iron the performance doesn't quite justify the size. Thats not to say this is not a very good iron indeed, it whizzed though jeans and cottons like a hot knife though butter and performance was VERY good on every item I tried, the cable stores away inside the unit which is a big plus. The capacity for water is quite substantial and the steam generator feature is very good for making very very easy work of creases in denim etc. The task of ironing is quite a noisy one with this iron and without sounding negative given the price and size of the unit compared to a smaller and cheaper iron the performance doesn't really do it for me.
I feel I have to finish off by saying this IS a good iron and the performance is very very good hence the 4 star rating.

Ultrasport Classic Sisal Dartboard
Ultrasport Classic Sisal Dartboard
Price: 25.57

4.0 out of 5 stars Hours and HOURS of fun for less than the price of a single computer game., 23 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Absolutely perfect as a stocking filler or cheap gift for young and old alike. You get a dartboard, wall fixings (the board is removable when not in use and easily fixed back onto the wall when required. You get a marker so you know how far away from the board you need to stand and you also get 2 full sets of darts (2 x 3) the darts are of a reasonable quality but I don't expect anyone to be taking them onto the world championships. All in all this is (as previously stated) a perfect gift and for the price you will get hours and hours of fun and practice. Personally I would have like to pay a little more and have a cabinet as well as especially when first practicing darts will stray from the board and you will inevitably end up with a wall peppered with small holes BUT if you are already experienced with darts this should be at a minimum.
Very happy with this for the price and now I wont embarrass myself quite as much when I go to the pub.

Nixies Swimming Mermaid
Nixies Swimming Mermaid
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical undewater movement from this fantastic little toy, 23 Aug 2014
This review is from: Nixies Swimming Mermaid (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We received Narissa which is the purple mermaid of the 3 with the jade green hair. The hair is molded plastic unlike a Barbie doll etc which is hard to see in just the photo. The arms are movable but no other parts on the toy appear to be removable. The box states from 36month due to small parts choking hazard but we put it in the bath with out 5 month old baby and she was fascinated by the movement, I wouldn't recommend leaving a small baby unattended with this toy though as there are moving parts inside the help the toy propel though the water. The toy requires a single AAA battery which is not supplied and you will also require a small screwdriver to fit the battery as it is in a sealed unit as this is an underwater toy.

In play the toy swims very well indeed and depending on the position you have put the tail in depends if she goes in loops or around in circles etc. This toy would also look great in a decent sized fish tank or pond.

All in all very impressed with this toy indeed and I am sure as baby gets older she will continue to get joy out of the magical movements of this mermaid as it swims about the bath in an almost realistic manor.

Safety Alert: the unit does state to keep this away from long hair as it may get tangled in the moving parts and as this toy is especially aimed at little girls this is something to definitely be cautious of.

Kingston 16GB microSHDC Flash Card with Full Size Adapter
Kingston 16GB microSHDC Flash Card with Full Size Adapter
Price: 8.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Kingston is THE name in digital storage, why risk a cheaper alternative for your precious memories??, 22 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you only ever read and believe one review this year read and believe this one:
Memories are a very VERY precious thing, photos, videos and important documents can be impossible to replace if they are lost or damaged so why risk leaving them in the hands of some unknown company. My point in this is simple Kingston is a company you can trust, weather its ram for pc's usb flash drives or memory cards such as this I have learned the hard way. Done make the same mistake I have made in the past, Yeah Kingston memory can SEEM a little more pricey than some of the stuff at the market or on Ebay but as I said why take the risk. This 16gb Micro Sd card has gone from my phone (Samsung Galaxy S4) and also into my Canon 1100d Eos DSLR camera when I wanted to ensure I had plenty of room for photos and the beauty of this is the Full Size Adapter, if you don't have the suitable cable for your phone etc then just pop the micro sd card into the adapter and then if you have a laptop or pc made in the past 5 years or so you can just slip the card in as most laptops etc don't have slots for Micro Sd. Such is the versatility of this card with or without the adapter you can use this card in most phones, tablets, cameras and laptops for transfering or storing data safe in the knowledge that you have put your precious memories or favorite music in the hands of a reputable company.
Don't be tempted to cut corners and buy a cheaper alternative, I have done this in the past and would never do it again.
Trust Kingston with your precious photos and memories.

Plantronics BackBeat FIT Wireless Stereo Headphones with Armband for Smartphone - Green
Price: 83.34

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, well worth the money and a pleasure to use when running., 19 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are ALMOST the holy grail of running headphones. I will start by saying these are the best headphones I have used for running so far and I have used (and reviewed) a few pairs over the years. Bluetooth headphones tend to really lack in sound quality and a decent pair of comfortable running headphones are usually let down by the cable which however way you put it is an unnecessary inconvenience in 2014. So along come the Plantronics Backbeat Fit which I jumped for joy when I received as given there rather high price tag these wireless headphones will surely tick all the boxes. Well they certainly tick most of them that is for sure.

Comfort: 5 star!
They can be a little tricky to fit the first few times but once you get them in and twist to adjust they are a very comfortable headphone indeed.
Sweat proof: 5 Star!
I sweat a lot on long distance runs especially in the heat we have been experiencing this summer and these have had a bit of a soaking and no evidence of any issues so far so very impressed with that.
Bluetooth: 5 Star!
Very good range indeed, I have worn these while cutting the back garden while my phone was on charge inside the house with no drop outs at all.
Usability: 5 Star!
The voice stating information like "Power on, Headphones connected, Battery level full" etc is a very nice touch indeed and the small buttons are easy to operate and give you all the basic functions you need on the go.
Battery Life: 5 Star!
As stated before when you fire up these headphones the very nice lady tells you your battery status and when not in use the unit goes into sleep mode to preserve battery life as well so as well as having very good battery life the guesswork has been removed as well so you know if you need to charge them or not (on a side note the charger is the same as a whole host of mobile phones these days including the Samsung Galaxy family so if like me you have a Galaxy its one less charger to worry about)

So why I hear you cry did I only give 4 stars over all?
Plantronics have made quite a statement about these headphones as being able to hear the surrounding noises when in use outdoors.... Now call me old fashioned but when I wear headphones I DON'T want to hear the outside world. I run a few times a week and unfortunately my route takes me close to a busy road that even at 5am can be quite busy, when listening to spoken word (audiobooks or podcasts) it can be difficult to hear everything especially if the voices are quite low. Volume wise and quality wise these headphones really are top notch and as stated before these ARE the best headphones I have used for running but personally I would have paid an extra few quid for noise cancellation. I understand (kind of) why Plantronics have done this but personally its not for me.
The armband fits my phone very well but again personally I prefer to be able to use my phones touchscreen when running so as good as the armband is its just not for me.
all in all these are WELL worth the money and I would recommend them to anyone who runs or jogs.

Baby Infant Inflatable Swimming Seat Ring Float in PINK ROUND 0-12m
Baby Infant Inflatable Swimming Seat Ring Float in PINK ROUND 0-12m
Offered by just4baby
Price: 6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to inflate properly but a good product when inflated, 5 Aug 2014
I have been blessed with a very nimble tongue thankfully as this product does not have and auto closing valve so you have to blow up the ring then press the plug into the hole with your tongue because if you don't as soon as you take it out of your mouth it deflates at an alarming rate, the inner ring more so than the outer ring as its smaller and holds less air to begin with.

That out of the way we used this floatation device on our baby girl for her first venture to the swimming baths, she is just over 4 months old and weighs approx 15lbs and it DID hold her very stable in the water and even when we took her into the small wave pool and rapids the current did not affect the stability or buoyancy at all.

XLS Medical Fat Binder Direct - Pack of 90 Sachets
XLS Medical Fat Binder Direct - Pack of 90 Sachets
Price: 49.48

3.0 out of 5 stars It definatly has aided my weight loss but not as much as advertised, 5 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I feel i need to start by almost stating the obvious, but as it seems to have been missed by some reviewers on here. This is not a miracle cure, this is not a magic weight loss potion and such a product does not exist and if it did I could guarantee it wouldn't taste very nice so the negative reviews for the above reasons need to get some jogging bottoms on and get out to the gym a bit more and "just say no" to the odd chocolate bar.

As someone has already pointed out its impossible to give a fully review of a 90 day course of any treatment in just 30 days but if you take that into consideration you will have a basic idea. 3 boxes of small sachets about half the width of a Heinz ketchup sachet but similar length, each box contains a one month supply providing you take 3 a day (and the month has 30 days). The powder itself tastes like bitter sherbert powder or crushed up vitamin tablets, please note this is a medical product and is not intended to be "nice" but clearly the makers have done enough to make this a palatable product given that it is to be taken without water. It is fruity enough to tolerate and as soon is it hits your mouth your saliva kinda starts to break it down and before long you can have it swallowed leaving very little residue and even less taste in your mouth.

As for the effects, I have taken 3 per day almost every day (I can be forgetful sometimes) and I was watching what I was eating but not regimented or strict with my diet and as a rule I generally jog 3 or 4 times per week for around 40 mins per session and I found since I have been watching my diet more and running regular again I was losing about 1 t0 2 lbs per week, since using this product I have noticed I am losing more like 3 to 4 lbs per week so not quite the increase they advertise but certainly a significant improvement on my results before I started to take these sachets. I have not changed my diet or exercise since using this product so as to get an accurate indication as to its effectiveness.

I feel I also have to state that I am 39 years of age, 5ft 11in tall and currently weigh 217lbs so Im not hugely overweight so my weight loss may well be stunted compared to someone who has a bit more to lose than me so as always "Results may vary"

AmazonBasics A100 USB-Powered Computer Speakers - Black
AmazonBasics A100 USB-Powered Computer Speakers - Black
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars You cannot use these without usb conectivity (unlike my old walkman speakers) and as stated these are really really good (for th, 24 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have based my 5 star review on the product for the price. I will start by saying these are no Bang and Whatsitcalled quality but as stated this is reflected in the price. These are an ideal volume boost to any laptop or tablet (with a usb port so no Ipad use without external power) The concept is a simple one, one wire get the sound from your laptop or device and the usb cable takes the power. You cannot use these without usb conectivity (unlike my old walkman speakers) and as stated these are really really good (for the price) ideal for sharing a youtube video with friends or even for watching a movie etc these really do give a super boost in volume as most laptops generally lack in volume. The sound quality is fair for the price, the speakers feel and look conciderably more substantial than the sub 12 quid price tag (at time of review) also ideal for presentations (powerpoint etc) I tried these for music and maybe im a bit of a snob but I would not listen to my music using these speakers that being said for podcasts (or any spoken word) these are ideal. I feel I need to stress this point again these are not Dr Dre Beats quality and if you are looking for a quality pair of speakers then put you hand back in your pocket and get more money out. As time of review these are around 12 quid and for that price I give them 5 stars.

Tacwise 191ELS with 180 Nail Selection Pack & 91 Staple Selection Pack (Bundle Pack)
Price: 81.08

4.0 out of 5 stars Reliable, Versatile and..........Orange., 3 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First impressions: Reassuringly heavy, Excellent bundle with an assortment of nails and staples, Ergonomically feels good. Cable length could have been a bit longer (but what handyman worth his salt doesn't have an extention lead?) Easy to load, Easy to use and erm..... its bright orange ha ha.

I did a test run on this using an assortment of staples and nails on a few different types of wood. I am please to say I exprienced no jamming whatsoever while using the gun and the safety feature is a real BIG thumbs up. I found on some of the nails in certain types of wood I had to finish the job off with a tap as it was not flush to the surface but this only happened less than 5% of the time and was probably a knot in the wood. Personally I would have liked a case with this or at least a "proper" box, branded with picture on the front etc as the plain carboard box will get swallowed up in a work van and be much harder to spot. Ideally a nice hard case with room for media (staples/nails etc) would have been perfect and I think Tacwise have dropped the ball slghtly by not including this as for the price it seems a bit of an oversight or even if the price was increased slightly to compensate for the case Im sure most people would prefer that. Maybe its just me.
an easy 4 stars only let down by the lack of case and cable length. A chargable unit with a case would be worth the extra money.

Philips Sonicare HX6511/43 EasyClean White Rechargeable Toothbrush
Philips Sonicare HX6511/43 EasyClean White Rechargeable Toothbrush

5.0 out of 5 stars Squeaky clean teeth every time you brush., 24 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is my 3rd electric toothbrush and I was reluctant to admit that there would be any improvement on an already top of the range model but I am happy to admit I was wrong.
Firstly this is much lighter than previous models I have used. It is also MUCH less noisy which as I work shifts is a big bonus because the last thing you want is to be making noise at 5am.
The head on this particular toothbrush is considerably smaller than previous models and electric toothbrushes are smaller than a regular one so if this is your first electric toothbrush you may be put off by the small head and see it as insufficient but let me assure you this is not the case. This toothbrush will give you that "dentist clean" feel every single time you use it. It has an automatic timer which cuts out after you have brushed your teeth for a sufficient amount of time something you will learn to time so you can get a fair go over the whole set of your teeth. If this is your first electric toothbrush please resist the temptation to scrub back and forth etc and let this electric toothbrush do all the hard work for you, all you need to do is slowly move the head over your teeth with a slight bit of pressure. TIP: Place a small amount of toothpaste on the brush head then place in your mouth putting the paste against your teeth BEFORE you switch it on otherwise you will get toothpaste all over the place.

In a nutshell electric toothbrushes give you a MUCH better level of oral hygiene and make your mouth feel cleaner and fresher than any regular toothbrush can ever do and THIS particular model is very VERY good indeed.
Top marks and full smiles.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20