Profile for Jason Gaston > Reviews

Content by Jason Gaston
Top Reviewer Ranking: 800

Jason Gaston "Uncle Jay" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
BT Digital Video Baby Monitor 1000
BT Digital Video Baby Monitor 1000

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect way to monitor your baby with some really useful features., 23 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Been using this product for a whole 12 months now and still going strong. The camera is installed on the wall bracket supplied and is easy adjusted to the desired angle and the camera itself can tilt forward to almost a right angle so if you position this on the wall above the cot you can get the right view even in the tightest of corners. The Camera unit also has a speaker as well a a microphone which pairs up with the parent unit very well. This is good for 2 reasons. Reason 1 if you adjusting the camera whilst the parent unit is downstairs your other half can talk to you by pressing the talk button to direct you. Reason 2 (this is more for later down the line) when its bed time and baby is standing up etc in the cot you can press talk and Sssshhhh the baby or ask baby to lie down etc. The parent unit has a decent sized colour screen although more often than not the room is in darkeness so the infared lights kick in then giving your baby the slightly spooky look if they make eye contact with the camera. Battery last quite well and we have never had a problem with the range ( we live in a 3 bedroom new build house) the music that plays on the baby unit is generic lullaby music that repeats quite a few times before it goes off, my one gripe with this is you cannot activate the music from the parent unit which is a little bit of an inconvenience as it means you have to go into the room and further disturb baby. The parent unit handily displays the room temperature which is as hand in summer as it is in winter for monitoring babies temperature. Parent unit has a volume selection and and the microphone on the baby unit is noise activated so once the room falls into silence the microphone disables until there is a noise in the room (sometimes activated by people using the bathroom down the hall) All in all this has been an absolute godsend and I would recommend this unit to anyone, still going strong after 12 months of daily/nightly use

Mr Beams MB702 Wireless Motion-Sensing Mini Stick-Anywhere LED Night Lights, White

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as a bulb but certainly better than nothing. Perfect for dark cupboards/wardrobes etc, 23 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Small carboard box arrived slightly larger than 40 cigarettes inside was 2 x white units, 2 x double sided adhesive strips and 4 x small screws. You have the option so screw the battery door onto a surface and click unit into place or use the self adhesive strips, I opted for the strips which where plenty adequate to hold the weight of the unit with the batteries installed. Once you put the batteries in and cover the sensor the unit kicks in and light stays on for about 30, the sensor only picks up movement in the dark which is handy if you have intentions of putting the lights somewhere they will be walked past in daylight to save the batteries. I put mine in an upstairs cupboard that gets not enough illumination from the landing light and for me they worked a treat, now my cupboard is like a fridge and the lights come on when I open the door and I can rest assured when I have finished fumbling about with my tools etc and closed the door the light will go out (and yes I did check through the crack in the door). These little gadgets have saved me the laborious task of installing a pendant in the cupboard and although they do not give off a massive amount of light it is enough for me to see what i am looking for.

Fisher-Price Rainforest Spacesaver Jumperoo
Fisher-Price Rainforest Spacesaver Jumperoo

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun entertainment and exercise for baby., 23 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Unlike many of the previous reviews for this item I have no prior knowledge or experience with earlier models so I can review this model with no jaded views. I was very easy to assemble and the colors as with all Fisher-Price items are nice and eye catching and vivid without being too gaudy and in offensive. I did find it quite fiddly to fold down and as this is the main selling point of the "spacesaver" element this could do with being addressed. I can with practice get this folded flat a lot quicker now and considering the size when erected it does fold down pretty compact and fits nicely underneath our couch. Baby had a good fun time bouncing in this jumperoo and there was plenty of laughs and giggles and she didn't lose interest for a very long time. It is a item that is looked for/requested by our baby ever since the 1st use. Price wise I do feel it is a little on the high side as it does seem to be quite a basic model and it also seems to base its price around its more compact footprint but also seems to have dropped some of the features from other slightly larger models that don't really reflect in the price so if you have the space I would probably try a previous model as it has more features and entertainment elements but for what this is our baby really really enjoyed it and I am happy to give it 4 stars only dropping from top marks due to the price. 100% recommended.

Revlon Blush Brush
Revlon Blush Brush

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful. You get what you pay for., 23 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Revlon Blush Brush (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have given this brush 3 stars because although for the price it is a decent little blusher brush it could in my opinion be a bit more substantial in the bristle department. I felt like the bristles where a little soft and when applying blusher I felt like it was just giving too little resistance to my face. The handle seems very light and flimsy too which is a plus if you want to travel light and not feel like you have half the boots counter in your handbag on a night out but it does feel a little cheap in the hand due to the lightweight. Compared to say a No7 brush you can feel the difference in quality. In a nutshell you are not gonna see this in the hand of one of the Kardashians but for the price it is definitely worth a shot.

Snuza Hero Mobile Baby Movement Monitor
Snuza Hero Mobile Baby Movement Monitor

5.0 out of 5 stars Priceless gizmo for new parents., 25 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As time goes on you are supposed to worry less and less about your kids but with a gap of almost 11 years when my 4th arrived I was pretty much back to square one and when you take into account the internet, research, social media and advances in medicine, science and technology we know a LOT more now about child welfare and thus (personally) have more to worry about. So on with the review. This little gizmo is in my humble opinion money well spent, We have a video monitor so we can keep a check on baby wherever we are in the house and it has temperature on it and a mic so we can hear here cry etc but when she is fast asleep and still............well the only way to actually see if she is OK is to go upstairs and check her breathing (something lets be honest we have all done in the past with little or no reason other than paranoia) so that is where this little fella comes in handy, about the size of a matchbox clips onto the nappy or waistband and the soft rubber tip makes contact with babies abdomen monitoring that there is movement on a scale of about 8 movements per minute, if this is not achieved the unit vibrates essentially rousing the baby or stimulating baby, if no movements continue to be present the unit starts to beep similar to an alarm clock which ascends in volume. The volume isn't very loud however if you already have a baby monitor or video monitor with sound its easily loud enough to be picked up and if your in the same room this will wake you as being a parent you never really fall into a proper deep sleep when baby is there. All in all this is a very reassuring product indeed and prevents the paranoia of being in and out of babies room all the time or fake trips to the toilet just so you can peep in on baby. Top marks

Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer - 27 ml
Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer - 27 ml
Offered by M&B cosmetics

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't be put off by the price, just as good as expensive rivals, 25 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Product arrived in a nice tough glass bottle with plastic lid and black plastic pump dispenser. Dispenser operates nice and smooth dispensing a decent amount but not too much. The primer itself is actually very nice, Application was nice and the consistency is nice and thick and not runny like some cheaper alternatives. The product is good and really does serve as a nice base layer before applying make up (I personally wouldn't use it alone as the bottle suggests). Compared to Smashbox which is about 3 times the price it compares very well indeed and is similar in texture and I feel doing just as good of a job personally. the only downside was (and I am just being picky) it does have a very slight smell to it, I understand it not having additional perfume but maybe something to mask the smell a little.
That being said very pleased with this and will definitely use again as a much cheaper and very competitive alternative to smashbox.

TeckNet® X331 2.4Ghz Mini Wireless Keyboard With Touchpad and Multimedia Keys for PC, Android TV and others
Offered by SPEEDY GOAL LIMITED

5.0 out of 5 stars Priceless if you have an android box or similar, 17 Feb. 2015
Got this for my laptop and android box so we can watch movies and home video clips on our big TV and it works a treat on both formats. Just plug in the wireless dongle and away you go. No more painful awkward typing using left right uo down on an onscreen keyboard. No more trying to move a cursor to a specific location as the touch pad mimics that of a laptop. Absolutely godsend for what I needed it for and saves Sooooo much time. As a side note I had an issue with my original purchase but one quick email and I got excellent customer service. Sent my device back and had a replacement in 48hours. Excellent product and outstanding customer service.

Philips HP3621 200w InfraCare Lamp
Philips HP3621 200w InfraCare Lamp

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well. Beware of running costs though, 17 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First impressions I was surprised how small this lamp was as the image makes it look a lot large, this however is not sign of weakness as this heater really does pack a wallop. Im almost 40 and run/jog as often as my busy schedule allows I also have a manual job so day to day I am quite active, in recent years I have noticed some discomfort in my left knee and have taken to using ibuprofen on occasions to take the edge off. After using this heat lamp though I doubt I will be turning to the pharmaceutical alternative anytime soon. It gives off a very strong heat and you may have to grit your teeth a little but the benefits are worth it and any alternative to chemicals has to be a good thing. I tried this out for a short session every day for a week and we did see a noticable increase in our electricity consumption so do beware of the running cost as it may not be a viable long term solution but for sports aches or pulled muscles etc it won't be used for prolonged periods. Very happy to have found this product and have even used it to ease lower back pain too (it sucks getting old sometimes)

Philips Avent Breastfeeding Starter Set
Philips Avent Breastfeeding Starter Set

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect starter kit for new mums (and dads) who want to feed there baby naturally, 2 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Preparing for a child can be a very daunting and stressful time and if you intent to breastfeed then the preparation and anticipation can be doubled. Unfortunately in today's society there is still a massive social stigma to breastfeeding which only a fool could deny is one of the most natural things in the world and from the start of time and mammal evolution was the single source of feeding our babies. This set is an absolute godsend for a number of reasons. Firstly preparation is the key with any task as massive as raising a human being so to have quite literally everything you need in "one box" is a massive help. Secondly as I eluded to earlier the social stigma aspect has also been address, you see in reality a breastfeeding starter kit in literal terms would have a woman in and nothing else but this is an accessory pack to AID and SUPPORT breastfeeding mums and DADS!! Yes Dad can feed baby breast milk with the help of this kit. As you can see from the picture you get a breast pump for expressing milk into along with some anti colic bottles with natural nipple like teats so if you want to swap and change from breast to expressed milk in a bottle the source doesn't feel to different to the baby. You also get a sterilizer (plug in one not microwave) as well as some other hand bits and bobs to help you though what can be a difficult time especially if this is your first. The kit also includes some dummies now I know some people are not a fan of the dummy but there is a VERY good reason our friends over the pond in good old US of A call these things Pacifiers!!!! All in all this is a fantastic starter kit and before when I used the quotation marks on "one box" that is because it is actually all individually boxed inside one big box so you can open what you want or need and either keep or give away the items you don't still boxed as people tend to frown at "used" or 2nd hand baby items. As with all Avent products this is top notch stuff. The bottles listed as anti colic are very good but you may want to upgrade to some Dr Browns if you baby does develop colic, they are expensive but worth every single penny if this dreaded little condition affects your little bundle. All in all this would make a FANTASTIC starter kit for any parents who intend to breastfeed and has enough bits and bobs that will still be of use even if you don't continue.

Michael Kors Astor Silver Tone Buckle Bangle Bracelet
Michael Kors Astor Silver Tone Buckle Bangle Bracelet
Offered by AdxExpress_Store

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice item. disappointed in packaging, 23 Jan. 2015
Nice bangle. Decent weight. Bit disappointed in the packaging department though although it came in a nice drawstring velvet/velour pouch there was no box making it a slightly awkward gift. Not given it the full score as the fastening has a tendency to be quite weak and the bangle can come undone quite easily and has fallen off my fiancée a number of times. It is a very nice bangle though.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20