Profile for Chris O'Brien > Reviews

Content by Chris O'Brien

Chris O'Brien (Lewes, East Sussex United Kingdom)

How to Move From Public Sector  To Private Sector
How to Move From Public Sector To Private Sector
Price: 4.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Gives you the courage, confidence and practices to make the move, 18 Mar 2014
The world of work is unpredictable and for some precariously balanced - whatever walk of life or profession you are in - and therefore this book is going to be invaluable for anyone who is either actively seeking to move from the public sector or who is facing redundancy. As someone who was made redundant over 10 years ago it took me a long time to accept that I had been made redundant ("I didn't deserve it") but more importantly what I needed to do to get back into work. This ebook would have saved me a lot of unnecessary pain and would have helped me to focus my energy and time looking forward and taking control.

What I love about this ebook is it makes you realise you're not the first person to be made redundant or wanting to move into the private sector. So there are loads of resources, links to people/organisations, hints and tips that you can call on. My suggestion is if you're fed up with your present public sector job and you want to move into the private sector use this ebook to help you plan what you're going to do and when. If you've been made redundant and not too sure what to do, pick up this book and simply follow the steps and take control.

Any job move is rarely easy, pain-free or straightforward but make it easier on yourself by having the courage and confidence to plan, manage your move and give yourself the best chance to get the job you are looking for. Good luck!

by Liggy Webb
Price: 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Thank You, 28 Nov 2011
This review is from: Thank You (Paperback)
A refreshing book - I found it inspiring, insightful, honest, uplifting and practical. I am naturally an optimist so loved the phrase (page 25) " Whether we're an optimist or a pessimist may not affect the outcome. It's just that the optimist will have a better time in life!" (James Borg). Life, outlook and decisions are about choices and we have to own up to our responsibility in how our life is and will be.

Too many of us (particularly within the workplace) have lost the ability to appreciate what we have, the appetite to give freely and the self-belief that we can make a difference. `Thank You' challenges, inspires and provides practical advice on how we can all become happier by moving away from `me' towards `us' simply through being more grateful for who we are and what we have.

Tales of Talent: How To Harness Your People's Talent To Achieve Your Organisation's Vision
by Guy Ellis
Price: 1.78

4.0 out of 5 stars Tales of Talent: How To Harness Your People's Talent To Achi, 20 Mar 2006
The power of this book is that it is a fable not a 'how-to'; the relevance of the topic is universal and enduring. Too often authors try to provide either 'quick hit' solutions or they over complicate. Tales of Talent does not fall into this trap as it provides the reader with the essential stepping stones to harnessing talent of all people within an organisation whilst at the same time revealing the essential and honest truths needed to acheive this goal. It sparks the imagination and challenges the reader to harness their own talent as well as making it a reality in their own organisation.