Profile for Jo234 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Babel
Babel

5.0 out of 5 stars Mumford & Sons at their best!, 3 July 2013
This review is from: Babel (Audio CD)
Brilliant album, their best to date. Bought as a gift for my husband but now my children request it be played in the car on journeys (although a few naughty words so beware!)

Philips AZ102S/05 Portable CD Player with AM/FM Radio - Silver
Philips AZ102S/05 Portable CD Player with AM/FM Radio - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a children's bedroom, 3 July 2013
Great value CD/radio. Perfect for a children's room. Aerial a bit flimsy but otherwise a good buy. We have one in silver and one in pink.

Dr Seuss' The Lorax [DVD] [2012]
Dr Seuss' The Lorax [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Danny DeVito
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab film, one to be watched over and over and over, 3 July 2013
We have always loved the book and saw this film at the cinema shortly after it was released. Loved it then and after many plays, we still love it. My children are 5 and 8 years old and they think it is hilarious. Plenty of proper laugh out loud moments for all the family. A really colourful, funny story. A must have for the family DVD collection.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job but could be improved, 3 July 2013
Fits the phone perfectly but the close at the top isn't waterproof. Could have done with an 'envelope' flap close with popper or Velcro to ensure the phone is completely sealed against the weather. Fits ok but has slipped a little during runs and once the Velcro came unstuck completely and the armband and phone almost dropped to the floor. On the plus side you can use the touch screen through the cover which is great. Given the price, it is fine.

Asics Women's Gt 2000 W Silver/Diva Pink/Purple Trainer T2K7N 9319 6 UK
Asics Women's Gt 2000 W Silver/Diva Pink/Purple Trainer T2K7N 9319 6 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy fit, light and great value, 3 July 2013
Comfy fit, really light to run in. So far much better than my old trainers. I am training for a 10 miler, as a beginner these seem to offer the support I need to road run and I have definitely seen an improvement in endurance and recovery since wearing these trainers. I love the colours. Arrived quickly and a great value price compared to elsewhere.

Wendy Quill is a Crocodile's Bottom
Wendy Quill is a Crocodile's Bottom
by Wendy Meddour

5.0 out of 5 stars A warm, engaging, funny story and definitely not just for girls!, 12 Jun. 2013
I bought this to read with my 8 year old daughter and 5 year old son. They both enjoyed it immensely and found the story and characters very funny. An easy read my 8 year old was more than able to tackle by herself. Lovely characters, a warm, engaging, funny story with plenty of familiar anecdotes and laugh out loud moments for both the children and myself! As other reviewers have said, it did remind us a little of Lauren Child's style of writing in the Charlie & Lola series..... Fantastic illustrations, my daughter was particularly interested to know Mina May is only a few years older than her ('perhaps I could be a writer or an illustrator when I grow up Mummy'...) A really lovely story, despite the pink cover and mostly female characters this is definitely not only suited to girls. Perfect to read together as a family, we hope to hear more about Wendy Quill in future books! PS lovely addition is the Wendy Quill email address at the end of the book, to which my daughter has already emailed a list of 'things to do when sitting on the side' and was delighted to get a reply from Wheezy Bird herself!

Skyfall [DVD]
Skyfall [DVD]
Dvd ~ Daniel Craig
Offered by westworld-

4.0 out of 5 stars Good old 007!, 12 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Skyfall [DVD] (DVD)
James Bond as you would expect and a must watch if you have seen the rest. A good watch but the final scenes were a bit too violent for me.

Delia's Cakes
Delia's Cakes
by Delia Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars Good old Delia, 12 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Delia's Cakes (Hardcover)
I like this book and was delighted to find it on Amazon for such a keen price given it is a new release. It is lovely but she uses very specific range of equipment/tins/tin sizes which I don't seem to have..... The book itself is lovely to look at, very Delia as you would expect. I haven't baked as much as I would have expected to. Worth buying though to add to your collection!

Cake: 200 fabulous foolproof baking recipes
Cake: 200 fabulous foolproof baking recipes
by Rachel Allen

5.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes, shame there aren't more photos, 12 Jun. 2013
I am a big Rachel Allen fan and have several of her books. I love her recipes and this book is absolutely packed full of fabulous ideas for home baking for all occasions. My only negative would be there isn't a photo to support every recipe which I find a little disappointing. Otherwise a great buy and definitely recommend.

Meg Rivers Home Baking: Treats for Family and Friends
Meg Rivers Home Baking: Treats for Family and Friends
by Julian Day

5.0 out of 5 stars Good old fashioned home baking, 12 Jun. 2013
I love this book. Fantastic range of good old fashioned recipes, perfect for home family baking. Some of the 7" recipes don't come out as well as they appear in the book but that must be something I am doing wrong!

I had this on loan from the library for months and months and couldn't resist buying it myself. The Lemon Polenta cake is a firm favourite.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 30, 2014 9:18 PM GMT