Profile for John Goodson > Reviews

Content by John Goodson

John Goodson

ANDROID 4.4 KITKAT - 10.1" FUSION5 XTRA SPACE 32GB TABLET PC - QUAD-CORE CPU - POWERFUL GPU - SLEEK DESIGN - BLUETOOTH
Offered by F5CS LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars My smart phone is an Android and I use a number ..., 19 Mar. 2015
My smart phone is an Android and I use a number of Google apps so I wanted an Android tablet. My son and daughter-in-law both bought these Fusion 5 XTRa tabs and recommended to me. I looked at the spec and was a little concerned about the stated screen resolution. I need not have worried. It is excellent in all respects and replays downloaded HD films faultlessly. I can synchronise with my Android phone apps, Chrome, GMail account, etc. Build quality is robust and my overall impressions are very good indeed. The only downside in my opinion is the sound volume level. It is very quiet indeed. However, plug in a set of headphones and that drawback soon disappears. Taking everything into account I would say it is extremeley good value for money. In fact, spec for spec, for the price I think it is unbeatable.Overall 4 star rating from me.

Shadows Over Camelot Board Game
Shadows Over Camelot Board Game
Offered by POKEM0NST

4.0 out of 5 stars Better with the Merlin Expansion, 10 Oct. 2013
My extended family love Days of Wonder games. Including grandchildren there are 10 of us in total and when we get together at Easter or Christams we always play Ticket to Ride, Small World, Pirates Cove, etc. as well as Shadows over Camelot. Unlike the others this game is for co-operative play, where you play together to beat the game.

It is tough, especially if you include the Traitor option. We normally play with at least one of the grandsons (aged 9 to 11) so it is a little simpler not to have a Traitor - but the game is still difficult and tense.

We recently added the Merlin Expansion set and found that this added a nice twist to the gameplay and actually solved one or two rule conflicts in the original game.

Overall an excellent game from the Days of Wonder stable needing some skilful co-operative discussions before almost every turn. "Do we lose Excalibur so we can gain the Holy Grail?", "Can you fight the Black Knight while the rest of us defeat the Picts?", "Can you beat up that siege engine?", etc.

We can recommend all the Days of Wonder games that we have - including this one ! Enjoy!

My Early Life
My Early Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected, 25 Aug. 2013
This review is from: My Early Life (Kindle Edition)
I bought this after watching the DVD of the same name. There was certainly more to Churchill's early life than just that depicted in the film. The whole book is absolutely fascinating and written in a humorous tongue in cheek style that hkept me smiling a number of times. I can thoroughly recommend.