Profile for Biill > Reviews

Biill (Essex UK)

Andrew James Wireless Weather Station with Outdoor Sensor + Clock and Alarm
Andrew James Wireless Weather Station with Outdoor Sensor + Clock and Alarm

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice piece of kit, 18 Jan 2014
Purchased following some serious Amazon research, and the result of reading some very helpful reviews
This was a replacement for a simple window mounted unit, which was starting to show its age. As a result of the reviews, I have placed the sensor in an open, but weather sheltered position, under the guttering on our garden shed. It is open to the weather, whilst being protected from direct rain and snow.
Does it work?
Yes. And, it the temperature it records matches, within 0.6 to 0.7 of a degree, the old one, which is still in place. Given the different positions, I think that this is pretty good.
The one thing missing is maximum and minimum temperatures, which the old station has. But for this it would be 5 star.

Eiffel Tower 3D Puzzle
Eiffel Tower 3D Puzzle
Price: 14.50

4.0 out of 5 stars A great birthday prezzy for a young grandson, 6 Feb 2013
This review is from: Eiffel Tower 3D Puzzle (Toy)
Bought for my No 1 grandson for his 8th birthday
A lad that likes to do things; puzzles, lego, building and making in general, so we thought this would be worth as punt
Absolute concentration for 2 hours and bingo, the job was done.
One very pleased 8 year old and parents who appreciated the 2 hours of quiet

SAVFY Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N8000 / GT-N8010) Black Luxury Flip Stand Leather Case Cover Multi-Function Folio Pouch with Touch Stylus Loop Holder Design, includes FREE Bonus Gift: High Quality Screen Protector (Black)
Offered by eLifeStore Ltd
Price: 32.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost there, 1 Nov 2012
Firstly, I have to say that this was good value for money and seems to be durable.
My only criticism would be the fit.
The tablet was easy to put in and secure, but, the case is fractionally to deep, allowing the tablet to slide down, hiding the camera lens
My knee jerk reaction was send the cover back, but, given that my wife was generally happy with it, I have inserted a couple of Ikea pencils between the cover and the bottom edge of the tablet and hey presto; all is well.
Would I recommend it?
Generally, yes.
Would I consider an alternative?
You should, take a careful look around at the alternatives whilst keeping in mind this is a nice item, but that you will need to ‘adjust’ the fit

Adobe Acrobat X, Professional Version (PC)
Adobe Acrobat X, Professional Version (PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Adobe Acrobat X, 3 May 2011
Having purchased & tried to use Acrobat 7 pro, I was, as an "older" user, a little unsure about repeating an altogether painful exercise.
Acrobat 7 was almost impossible to use, with constant demands that I validate the product (this; 3 years after I bought it!) and regular crashes during the conversion of anything other than Microsoft Office documents.

Having been using Acrobat X for a month now, I am relieved to be able to say that it is proving to be both reliable and easy to use.
The front page is clear (unlike Microsoft Office 2010) and the toolbars are easy to see and understand. The processes are clearly available, with Adobe not going down the route of making things complicated, just because they can.

I am very happy to continue to use Acrobat X in favour of the PDF Suite software I bought, just to get away from Acrobat 7.

Well done Adobe !

Victory (Thomas Kydd 11)
Victory (Thomas Kydd 11)
by Julian Stockwin

5.0 out of 5 stars Victory, 6 July 2010
Whether you read `Victory' as the next passage in the lives of the characters populating the pages, or just select the book as a stand alone read is irrelevant, `Victory' scores on both levels.
The seagoing adventures of the primary cast, Kydd & Renzi, mix comfortably with the view we get into their distinctly fraught, private lives; Kydd is discovering that money & privilege do not buy happiness and Renzi has always known it.
Following a successful, but ultimately, devastating beginning as a Sloop Commander, via a series of trials and knife edge decisions, we see Kydd make the transition to successful frigate captain, fighting in the company of England's greatest Admiral. No mean feat for a pressed man!
Mr Stockwin has obviously been most careful with his research for the complete Kydd series and it shows. With a hint of poetic licence woven in, the books work - roll on the next one

JBL CT70313 On Time Speaker Dock for mp3 and other players - White
JBL CT70313 On Time Speaker Dock for mp3 and other players - White

4.0 out of 5 stars JBL On Time, 23 Jun 2009
Purchased almost on a whim the JBL On Time has not disappointed.
Following the decision to say goodbye to a much used Sony 100w RMS sound system, a replacement was in order. Taking the 21st Century in both hands, we decided to start with an iPod! Now I know that the 2 are not comparable, but, in any relationship, compromise is the key and I was persuaded that this was a compromise worth making, if I wanted to continue with the quiet life.
Armed with my iPod classic (big fingers - the nano was too small), we went in search of a docking station. Not a lot of thought has gone into making them pretty has it? There are some ugly brutes out there! We spent some time surfing the web and caught sight of the On Time. Now this IS a pretty docking station. Almost worth having just for its looks. We read a couple of reviews (hard to find) and decided to take the plunge. Whilst it is NOT a 100w RMS sound system, it is a very nice piece of kit, offering good quality sound reproduction, with no distortion, even at the top end of the scale.
The `stereo' quality is also very good, given the size and shape of the unit.
All in all, for us, a good buy. If you are looking for an iPod docking station, I would recommend the On Time every time, the best looking product on the market, with good quality sound. A winner.

Easy Rider: Songs As Performed In The Motion Picture
Easy Rider: Songs As Performed In The Motion Picture
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 6.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Rider; Songs as performed in the motion picture, 10 Dec 2008
Without a doubt the best Roadie picture ever, combining great music with inspired casting & directing, all on an unbelievable budget of just $2m
My favourites; A difficult one - the Smiths are there with 'The weight' just driving the thing forward, whilst Roger Mcquinns, 'It's alright ma, I'm only bleeding' meets the mood of the film, head on. If I had to choose (and luckily I don't, as I have the soundtrack in all formats) I would go for Fraternity of Man with 'Don't bogart that joint my friend' and the Byrds; wasn't born to follow.
To sum up . . . The best music you can buy