Profile for Julie Halliday > Reviews

Sweex USB 2.0 Speaker Set - Black/Red
Offered by The Tech Lodge
Price: 11.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, 19 Feb 2014
Brilliant little speakers. Small so they don't need much space and powerful enough to give a clear sound. Couldn't ask for more at this price.

MOLTON BROWN- SOOTHING MILK & OATMEAL SOAP- 75G
MOLTON BROWN- SOOTHING MILK & OATMEAL SOAP- 75G
Offered by MOLLY'S
Price: 2.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely soap, 19 Feb 2014
I'm a soap and water cleansing girl and this soap is fabulous. It's gentle and leaves my skin feeling really soft. It smells gorgeous as well. Try it.

One Pot Wonders
One Pot Wonders
by Lindsey Bareham
Price: 10.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 19 Feb 2014
This review is from: One Pot Wonders (Hardcover)
I was really looking forward to this book because of Lindsey Bareham's reputation but I can only say how disappointed I am with it. I was expecting a picture for every recipe but this is not the case and what's worse is there are errors with the recipes. For example: one of the first recipes I picked was 'Spring Chicken Stew with Carrots and Peas' - title says carrots, picture shows carrots but there's no mention of carrots in either the list of ingredients or the instructions. I bought '1001 One Pot Casseroles, Soups & Stews' for a fraction of the price and this book is much better. Sorry but I'll be putting 'One Pot Wonders' in the charity bag.

Premier Housewares 6 X 33 X 27 cm 5 L Deep Fryer with Pyrex Lid, Black
Premier Housewares 6 X 33 X 27 cm 5 L Deep Fryer with Pyrex Lid, Black
Offered by BPSALESDIRECT
Price: 19.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant chip pan, 23 Dec 2011
This chip pan is great. I've had one before which I lost when I moved and am so grateful that I've managed to find a replacement. I like to double cook my chips so I gently soften them in oil first. The versatile wire basket enables me to lift the chips out, invert the handles and suspend the basket over the warm oil while it heats up for the final fry. You can also suspend the basket over the oil to let the excess drip off the chips and they keep warm at the same time. I don't use it with the lid on because I like to move the chips round a lot as they're cooking, but it's handy for keeping the pan dust free or you could keep the oil in the pan with the lid on between fries. I love it and can't recommend it enough.