Profile for Miss L > Reviews

Content by Miss L

Miss L

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Tg Green Tea with Mandarin and Ginseng 330ml (Pack of 12)
Tg Green Tea with Mandarin and Ginseng 330ml (Pack of 12)
Offered by Toy and Gift Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lovely Refreshing Drink And Surprisingly Moreish!, 2 July 2015
As a tea blogger who is geared up to drink tea hot I was interested to try this iced green tea and Im so glad that I decided to. This is an ideal product as you get to experience a really fine green tea coupled with the refreshing element of coolness - perfect for summer months. The mandarin is my personal favourite as its really tangy and tasty and incredibly moorish. If you keep this in the fridge and take it really cold it's about as tasty and refreshing a drink as you can get. I thought that I wouldn't like this tea but I was proved wrong and it's far healthier than any iced teas available currently. I look forward to trying the other flavour shortly!

Ogden's Nut Gone Flake
Ogden's Nut Gone Flake
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars A Under Appreciated Masterpiece., 24 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Ogden's Nut Gone Flake (Audio CD)
I am a huge Beatles fan, I'll admit it. But I will also admit that due to their popularity, amount of output and following, there were a great many bands who are hugely under appreciated and whom, if the Beatles hadn't existed, would of perhaps become more well known. There are, in my opinion, two bands who were hugely under rated in the mid to late 1960 and whose songwriting was brilliant, one was the Bee Gees (who only really hit the big time in the 1970's) and the other being The Small Faces.

I am a huge fan of The Small Faces and stumbled on them in the mid 1990s via their more popular songs such as Itchycoo Park and Lazy Sunday. When I discovered this album I was instantly hooked. There is something really great about their cheeky chappy personality. They are capable (via Steve Marriott, and Ronnie Lane (who is my musical idol) ) of writing a song so emotionally beautiful such as Afterglow of My Love to comedy songs such as Lazy Sunday and Rene, which tells it's own, very clear story, when you listen to it.

I will be honest I don't fully understand the idea of a concept album, so the only way I can describe this album is a story set to music, rather like the Bee Gees epic Odessa and the Beatles Sgt Pepper.

This album holds up against anything else being produced at the time, and easily betters it. I fully believe that Marriott and Lane are two songwriters who are vastly under appreciated.

This album is a must have for Small Faces fan's. Perhaps not so much for the casual listener (there are plenty of brilliant Best of Albums out there).

Everytime I listen to this album I hear something new. It's etherial in places, funny in others and even rocky in parts. I never tire of this album.

I would highly reccommend this album it's fun and enjoyable. And very much of a time. And a time, that I wished I had been around to enjoy.

Moondial [DVD]
Moondial [DVD]
Dvd ~ Siri Neal

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUst For Your Collection., 12 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Moondial [DVD] (DVD)
One of the highlights of my childhood was settling down once a week to watch Moondial. A charming ghost story for children about Minty a girl who is temporarily living with a Auntie whilst her mother recovers from a near fatal car accident. Lonely she befriends two ghost children, both from different times, whom she can only see after using the Moondial. This is a fabulous children's drama, devoid of "issues" that tends to dominate most children's dramas nowadays.

Moondiala was previously available on Vhs. We'll my copy got chewed up long ago. It was available very briefly on DVD from Readers Digest but theses copies were selling for nearly £100! This DVD shows the film in its entirety, not edited unlike previous releases, And there are one or two bonus features.

I watched this with my 9 year old niece and she loved it! This is engaging and charming. Thank you so much for finally releasing this fab kids drama on DVD complete and unabridged.

House That Jack Built
House That Jack Built

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Sure ...., 16 May 2015
I read a few of Graham Mastertons books as a teen and when I purchased my Kindle recently downloaded Mirror which I loved.

Im not so sure on this book. In principal the story is good. I love a haunted house and the plot was good in that respect. Jack Belias - what a foul creature. But it was the two main characters, The Bellmans, I coudnt care for. Immediatey I felt no warmth for them and there lies the problem. Craig Bellman suffers a horrendous attack, which made my eyes water but yet I coudnt care less nor did I when he met his fate. His wife was a simpering, whiny woman who should of stood up to him.

So it was not the story that didnt appeal rather the character's. But I wont let this put me off- Im planning to read Famiy Portrait next!

This House is Haunted: The True Story of the Enfield Poltergeist
This House is Haunted: The True Story of the Enfield Poltergeist

5.0 out of 5 stars At Last I've Read It!, 16 May 2015
I have long had an interest in all things paranormal. This book is highly regarded by people who are interested in the subject. But for a long time it was out of print and what few copies were around where hideously expensive. I was delighted to find this on Kindle store. I read it over two nights just before the Timothy Spall drama aired.

The book is well written and a page turner. It is written in a simplistic, down to earth but engaging style, lacking any sensational writing that I found in books such as The Amityville Horror. Jargon isnt used ether.

I felt sorry for the family and all the things they endured as well as their neighbours, extended family and visitors to the house. It must of been horrific.

I thoroughy enjoyed this account of a very famous haunting. The wait to read this book was long but worth it!

Paranormal Intruder: The Frightening True Story of a Family in Fear
Paranormal Intruder: The Frightening True Story of a Family in Fear

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Account Of A Real Haunting., 16 May 2015
I love reading stories about real hauntings - even more so when its not too far from where I live! The downside is it's obviously written by amateur writers and at times the writing is a little clunky, but, that is also what makes this book interesting. You feel as though you are walking side by side with family through their traumatic haunting. This book is a real page turner. I enjoyed it.

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass

4.0 out of 5 stars A Return To The Stories Of My Youth., 16 May 2015
I loved the Alice In Wonderland books as a child abd decided to reread thrm on this anniversary year. Though less appealing as a adult the stories retain there charm. At 99p it was affordable to. I very much enjoyed reading this.

The Secret of Crickley Hall [DVD]
The Secret of Crickley Hall [DVD]
Dvd ~ Suranne Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 16 May 2015
I loved this story when James Herbert first published it. In fact I have it on both audio and book format. I really enjoyed this solid tv version. Adaptions of James's books are hit and miss but this is a hit! Brilliantly produced and acted you shouldnt miss it. Fingers crossed the BBC may adapt more of this wonderful writers books!

Beneath the Surface: Killer Whales, SeaWorld, and the Truth Beyond Blackfish
Beneath the Surface: Killer Whales, SeaWorld, and the Truth Beyond Blackfish

5.0 out of 5 stars A Thought Provoking And Honest Book, 16 May 2015
I have been waiting for some time to read this and thanks to Kindle I had instant access to it. I thoroughly enjoyed this book which gives a briliant insight into the darker side of Seaworld and the marine industry. I could understand Johns adoration of the whales, especially Takara, but after years of accidents and injuries as well as seeing the unkind treatment of the whales (withholding food) he made the tough decision to leave. Ths book is a well written, easy to read and at times emotional book. This book is (in my opinion) a part of a trio of must haves about the captive whale industry which also includes David Kirbys Death At Seaworld and the amazing documentary, Blackfish, which John appears in. I am not going to comment on the rights and wrongs of captivity. But if you read this book as well as use the other two sources you will certainly be able to make your own mind up. This is a brilliant, thought provoking read.

Down With Skool!: A guide to school life for tiny pupils and their parents (Penguin Modern Classics)

4.0 out of 5 stars Down With Skool - A Little Gem., 30 Dec. 2014
A friend recommended this book to me and I have to say I found it really funny. I think, in all honesty, that this is more of a boy's read but I enjoyed it nonetheless. The book focuses on the naughty school boy, Nigel Molesworth and his observations on school life. There were parts of this book that had me laughing out loud, especially the one liners that just tickled my fancy.If you like school boy humour you'll love this!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5