Profile for Brian > Reviews

Berghaus Mens Paclite Gore-Tex Lightweight Jacket - Black, Large
Berghaus Mens Paclite Gore-Tex Lightweight Jacket - Black, Large
Offered by Newson Trading Co

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy waterproof, 20 May 2014
This is the second Berghaus Paclite jacket I've purchased after unfortunately losing my previous coat. I had that one for five years and this one seems equally as good, it does what it says on the tin and if I can keep this one in my rucksack without having to use it I'll be very happy.

Mountain Equipment Men's Odin Vest - Black - XL
Mountain Equipment Men's Odin Vest - Black - XL
Offered by Mountain Wild
Price: 99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, 29 Nov 2013
Having purchased a Mountain Equipment quilted vest for my wife a couple of years, and she loves it, I had no hesitation choosing this product for myself. Made to their usual high quality I've already found it handy, whether it's out walking, round the shops, an extra layer in the house or stuffed into its own bag and thrown into a rucksack. it's warm and lightweight, snug fitting and could be worn under another coat without bulkiness, it's great.

Hill Walking: The Official Handbook of the Mountain Leader and Walking Group Leader Schemes
by Steve Long
Price: 14.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reading for all walking group leaders., 5 May 2010
I bought this book on recommendation whilst completing my BELA qualification and I am glad I did.
Full of tips and information to enforce the teaching on the course, techniques are fully explained and illustrated.
Particularly useful where the sections on navigational techniques, following bearings and maps. Also interesting where the chapters on clothing and equipment, weather, party management and dealing with hazards. Written by an expert with help from people working in the industry this book is a source of reference for anybody studying for a qualification or just to increase their knowledge to allow them to walk safely in the hills.