Profile for anon > Reviews

Content by anon

anon

FashionLDN® New Tortoise Wayfarer Clubmaster Men's Women's Sunglasses Retro Vintage 80's A3
Offered by ASVP Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars love love, 30 Jan 2014
Bought these last summer and wore them relentlessly. I have a small face, so they are perfect. I look like a knob in most sunglasses but not these bad boys.

Also very good quality- I have no idea how they sell them this cheap. I broke the last pair (crushed them), so I just bought two more pairs. Why not?!

London (EP)
London (EP)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 30 Jan 2014
This review is from: London (EP) (MP3 Download)
What an incredible value EP! Love every song on here, but Waiting game in particular is incredible, if a little dark. Beautiful, heartfelt and soulful music.

OSPREY ADULTS MASK & SNORKEL SET SNORKELLING SWIMMING DIVING ULTRA CLEAR (Blue)
OSPREY ADULTS MASK & SNORKEL SET SNORKELLING SWIMMING DIVING ULTRA CLEAR (Blue)
Offered by Vinsani

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 30 Jan 2014
Really impressed with these, didn't leak shared. shares them with the whole family. Saved myself a lot of money by getting them pre holibobs. Recommend.

Right Thing
Right Thing

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 30 Jan 2014
This review is from: Right Thing (MP3 Download)
One of those songs you just hit repeat, repeat, repeat. Beautiful music. Such a haunting voice- check out BANKS if you like this.

Balance Active
Balance Active

5.0 out of 5 stars The only thing that's really worked for me, 30 Jan 2014
This review is from: Balance Active (Personal Care)
I've tried everything for BV and this is the only thing that's worked- didn't get on the Metronidazole, had more luck with pessary Clindamycin but came back. Also tried Hydrogen Peroxide. I found using Clindamycin followed by Balance Activ is the longest BV has stayed away for. After about 6 months of being in the clear though it has returned, though I think getting in early means it is easier to treat.I now just use Balance Activ. It is messy but I kept a pessary/insertion tube (plastic but like the ones for tampons, obviously I clean it) from the Clindamycin- so I empty the gel into there and put it in that way- I'm able to make much better use of it- it doesn't leak during the night as its further in.
Drs need to get on this!

Baltic Honey Amber and Sterling Silver Small Oval Ring, Sizes J, L, N, P, Q, S, T, V
Offered by Noda

2.0 out of 5 stars Size was wrong, 10 July 2013
I ordered the smallest size based on ring charts and it was massive for my hands- at least 5 sizes bigger. Not sure where they are getting their sizes from.

Enough: Breaking Free from the World of Excess
Enough: Breaking Free from the World of Excess
by John Naish

2.0 out of 5 stars I've had enough of this book!, 18 Jun 2011
I recently read this book as it was suggested by someone in my bookclub, they said how it was inspiring and they carried on reflecting on it etc. Unfortunately I didn't find it inspiring,didn't think it was particularly well written, and can't fathom why it has such outstanding reviews. My main grievances with the book are as follows:
- It is essentially a book of common sense. Nothing he says is new, and what is new is superflous.
- The author occasionally comes across as smug.. particularly when he purposely goes to an all you can eat chinese and gives 'unsubtle' glances at the fat people, while he boasts of his self-control
-Although I agree with the concepts in essence, there are times when he just gives bad advice. The most infuriating piece of advice was where he tells you that if anyone sends you a high priority email, you should 'delete it without reading'- I mean if it's important enough they will email again apparently- how dare they push in your email queue! What sheer arrogance. It may well be different in the world of journalism, but in my world (academia), prioritisation of emails is a useful tool that more often than not is of benefit to you not to the person sending it.
- The book focuses too much on lack of consumption etc and briefly touches on the fact that the economy would collapse if people did practice 'enoughism', but doesn't provide any solutions other thant the fact that experts should be working on this. It's not exactly inspiring. The focus should have been more on plausible methods for balancing disparity between 3rd world countries and ours, rather than 'stop consuming', since this is not going to resolve the worlds problems on its own.
-Finally I think the book is much longer than it needs to be. It is largely a repetition of the same point over 200 odd pages (what a waste of paper and resources etc!).

I can only assume that the positive reviews reflect the fact that only the type of people who already agree with anti-consumerism, materialism etc buy this book and feel affirmed by reading it. While I agree with the sentiments, it is very wearing being told how inadequate our behaviour is and how we can't possibly be happy etc. It creates a sense of guilt that I don't think is necessarily fair. If the author really believes all these things he should chuck in his western life, give all his money away and go and live in Africa.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 6, 2013 10:25 PM BST