Profile for Fran Martinez Vilariño > Reviews

Content by Fran Martinez ...

Fran Martinez Vilariño

Page: 1 | 2
Trouble
Trouble
Offered by positivenoise

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic album by TEED, 17 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Trouble (Audio CD)
Discovered TEED on BBC Radio One Nick Grimshaw's Breakfast Show. The album is absolutely fantastic. The best track on the album is 'Your Love', an electronic/dance song released as the 7th single off the album.

Ten - The Videos [DVD]
Ten - The Videos [DVD]
Dvd ~ Girls Aloud

5.0 out of 5 stars Girls Aloud are back, 17 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Ten - The Videos [DVD] (DVD)
I'm a huge Girls Aloud fan, & despite I would love them to release a new studio album instead of this new greatest hits collection, the new tracks are brilliant, & after a couple of years away, they still 'got it'. I really hope they release new material in the future.

Make Me Believe In Hope
Make Me Believe In Hope

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely one of the best albums of 2012, 13 July 2012
This review is from: Make Me Believe In Hope (Audio CD)
I was absolutely surprised with his debut album, as I never heard before about Rod Thomas, also known as 'Bright Light Bright Light'. This album is pop perfection, as its a mix of Pop, 80s synthpop and disco, all mixed up together, and the result is the fantastic "Make Me Believe in Hope".
The album has been written and produced by Rod Thomas, The Invisible Men (Girls Aloud, Sugababes, DJ Fresh) and Andy Chatterley (Kylie Minogue, Diana Vickers, Nerina Pallot).
Best tracks on the album are "Moves", "Cry at Films", the 80s-vintage track "A New Word to Say" and the single "Waiting for the Feeling".
It's such a shame he has no support from music and TV stations, because he totally deserves recognition for his work. In my opinion, this album is definitely one of the best albums of 2012.

Review track by track:
11 Grace: 7/10

Bittersweet
Bittersweet

5.0 out of 5 stars LA Bextor's back!, 1 May 2010
This review is from: Bittersweet (Audio CD)
I just can't believe Sophie's making 10 years in the music industry as a solo artist. That's really amazing, and not so many people can do it, in this days os illegal downloads and the lack of support from radios and music labels. However, Sophie's here, with another smash under her belt. & this is "Bittersweet", an 80's feel-synthpop song, which I think it's her best work to date, as she's always improving herself. The CD also includes the song "Sophia Loren", that song that was played at the Rimmel London' ad, do you remember?? That ad was really amazing, and so chic!
I think Sophie is one of the few artists, popstars, that make real music, high quality music in this days of low quality, auto-tune & easy & annoying lyrics. She's a real popstar. I hope she continues another 10 years & so in this business, cos' she's absolutely fantastic. She's the BEST-OR!!

Sweet 7
Sweet 7
Offered by mrtopseller

3.0 out of 5 stars Not their best release...., 17 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Sweet 7 (Audio CD)
I've pre-ordered "Sweet 7" about 2 weeks ago, because I liked so much the singles "Get Sexy", "About a Girl" and the new one, "Wear My Kiss". I had so much expectations on this album, cos' I like this girl band since the very beginning, & I though "Sweet 7" could be one of the best albums of 2010. However, I was completely wrong.
The album sound doesn't fit with the Sugababes. There's a lot of auto-tune, a lot of vocoder stuff, and whatever. After a decade of hits & great music, I don't know what happened to them, cos' this album is not really good. Here's my track-by-track review:

* "Get Sexy": is the first single taken from the album, it was re-recorded with Jade's vocals. She sounds so, so bad in this track. I prefer Keisha's version for sure. 6/10 (10/10 Keisha's)
* "Wear My Kiss": is the third single lifted from "Sweet 7". I just fell in love with this song the first time I've heard it. It's a great piece of electropop music. Deserved a better position than it finally had on the UK Singles Chart. 10/10
* "About a Girl": the second take from the album, is really amazing! It's another great electropop-dance song, which I think is so Sugababes, it's so them. 10/10
* "Wait for You": I just don't like this song. There's a complete lack of soul in this song in my opinion, & it doesn't sound right in some parts of the song. Despite this, I give this track a 5/10
* "Thank You for the Heartbreak": This song is really catchy. One of the best songs on the album. 8/10
* "Miss Everything": this is the first song to include a feature act (Sean Kingston) since the top 20 hit "Shape" back in 2003. I just don't like this song, too much vocoder stuff. 3/10
* "She's a Mess": totally clubby!! I love it!! It sounds really good, & it could be a perfect single choice. Let's see what happens. 8/10
* "Give It to Me Now": this song is really bad. This song could be a better choice for a b-side from a single, but not for an album track. 2/10
* "Crash & Burn": nice song. It sounds like a Jordin Sparks song. 6/10
* "No More You": another flop song. I just don't like it. 3/10
* "Sweet & Amazing": not amazing at all. However, it's good enough to get a 5 out of 10.
* "Little Miss Perfect": nice ballad (not a fan of ballads). 6/10

Finally, this album is not their best of their careers. I really miss the "Taller in More Ways" & "Change" days. I don't think this album will reach the success of both albums, however, I wish them all the luck in the world, cos' they are really good. But this album is quite disappointing.

The Fame Monster
The Fame Monster
Offered by Bridge_Records

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent & Amazing, 29 Dec. 2009
This review is from: The Fame Monster (Audio CD)
Two words describes this album: EXCELLENT & AMAZING. "The Fame Monster" it's an excellent pop album, as the fabolous Lady GaGa continues with her mix of electronic, pop & dance music, & it's amazing because it's Lady GaGa.
The fave songs on the album are: "Bad Romance" (no wonder it was a number 1 hit in the UK, and a worldwide smash), "Alejandro" (hope this one to be the third single off the album), "Monster" and the masterpiece "So Happy I Could Die.
This is the score I give to each track on the album:
* Bad Romance: 10/10
* Alejandro: 10/10
* Monster: 10/10
* Speachless: 10/10
* Dance in the Dark: 8/10
* Telephone (feat. Beyoncé): 9/10
* So Happy I Could Die: 10/10
* Teeth: 7/10
I highly recommend you to purchase this fabolous album, it won't disappoint you at all! :D
Happy New Year to everyone!! xoxo

The Best
The Best
Offered by A2Z Entertains

5.0 out of 5 stars Janet's chart comeback, 29 Dec. 2009
This review is from: The Best (Audio CD)
This is an compilation which features a two-decade of non-stop hits by Janet Jackson. The album is amazing, and features hits such as "All for You", "What Have You Done for Me Lately?", "That's the Way Love Goes", "Again", "If", "Together Again" and "Feedback", the later it was not a commercial success worldwide, specially in the United Kingdom, but that song is really good, and deserved to be on the "The Hits" album. I recommend you all to also buy "Discipline" (includes the singles "Feedback", "Luv" and "Rock Wit U"), which is one of the best albums of 2008, and so underrated by the general public.
The "best of" album concludes with Janet's new Club smash hit "Make Me", which is some kinda tribute to his brother Michael Jackson, as it includes Michael's "Don't Stop til' You Get Enough". It's an amazing pop song, and Janet's comeback to the charts. I admire her so much, she's amazing, and I highly recommend you to buy this album, it won't disappoint you at all!!
Happy New Year to everyone!! xoxo

Clock Tower 3
Clock Tower 3

4.0 out of 5 stars Great game, 7 July 2009
This review is from: Clock Tower 3 (Video Game)
Actually, the game was not for me, it was for a friend, who was turning into her 20's. So, I decided to buy her this videogame, cos' she wanted it. She actually liked it, & she's thrilled with it.

The Sweet Escape
The Sweet Escape
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 4 April 2009
This review is from: The Sweet Escape (Audio CD)
Gwen' sophomore album, "The Sweet Escape" is totally amazing, but not so amazing like her previous, "Love Angel Music Baby", which was one of the best albums of 2004 so far. It's a pure pop album. The best tracks on the album are "The Sweet Escape", "4 in the Morning" (I think the best song on the album), "Early Winter", "U Started It" & the so funny track "Wind It Up".

Boombox: The Remix Album, 2000-2008
Boombox: The Remix Album, 2000-2008
Offered by Direct Entertainment UK

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have for any Kylie fan, 27 Feb. 2009
"Boombox" is a compilation of Kylie's best remixes from some of her best-well known singles, like "Can't Get You Out Of My Head", "Spinning Around", "Love at First Sight", "Slow" or the latest "The One". The whole album is perfect, amazing and so fantastic! I recommend specially the remixes of "Spinning Around" and "Love at First Sight", both are fantastic!

Page: 1 | 2