ARRAY(0xae41fe34)

Hysteria - Clasic Albums [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ Def Leppard
Price: 7.06

5.0 out of 5 stars A great insight into a great album..., 5 Sep 2013
I've loved "Hysteria" since buying it on the day of release in the 80's - phenomenal production, beautifully crafted songs, it really has it all. This dvd gives a great informative insight into the prevailing conditions it was made under, and, as well as revealing a good few solo'd multitrack components, particularly the backing vocal textures, Joe and Phil play unplugged versions of some of the tracks - always a good indicator of how well-written a song is. The interviews really get across the relentless honing of the songs that went on and the ambition for the album to be "all killer and no filler"....recommended!

Plectrum holder for acoustic guitars (and electrics with 3 tuning pegs per side)
Offered by Bentley's Bargain Warehouse
Price: 2.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little device..., 7 Jun 2013
I bought this on a whim and was delighted with it to the point where I got half a dozen more for other guitars and for musical friends, who also liked it a lot. Made of stiff neoprene or similar this has fitted any acoustic guitar with no problem. The word "Alice" on it can be very simply removed with sandpaper if it doesn't appeal - it's a great little device, which I'm very glad to have discovered. Recommended!

Padded Gigbag for Acoustic Guitar
Padded Gigbag for Acoustic Guitar
Offered by RayGar
Price: 17.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job - excellent value for money..., 7 Jun 2013
I got this to take a guitar without a case to be repaired. It came quickly, fitted the guitar snugly, and was comfortable to carry - I used the regular handles and the shoulder straps. It's strong and well-made. It looks ok. What's not to like, particularly at this price?

D'Addario EJ41 Phosphor Bronze Extra Light  (.009-.045) 12-String Acoustic Guitar Strings
D'Addario EJ41 Phosphor Bronze Extra Light (.009-.045) 12-String Acoustic Guitar Strings
Price: 8.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Transformative - I can now play for hours..., 7 Jun 2013
I bought these on the strength of another review here which mentioned that they had made a big difference in the length of time the guitar could be played for. Thank you to that reviewer - previously I'd have had to stop after 30 minutes or so because of the pain factor! That is now a distant memory - I've always loved the sound of a 12-string, and now I can play mine for hours on end. This was my first experience with D'Addario acoustic strings and I've since bought their Nashville set for my 6-string parlour guitar. There's a particular tone to these which I'm starting to love. Bottom line : with these you can play for as long as you'd play a 6-string without discomfort, and they sound sparkly and cool. Recommended!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 31, 2013 2:45 PM GMT

A Billion Things
A Billion Things

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cool first release from an "emerging artist to watch"..., 7 Jun 2013
This review is from: A Billion Things (MP3 Download)
I bought this on a recommendation from a friend and am very happy to have done so. This is an artist to watch out for, with big talent both musically and visually. Check out the videos as well! Looking forward to the forthcoming album.

D'Addario EJ38H Phosphor Bronze High-Strung/Nashville Tuning  (.010-.027) Acoustic Guitar Strings
D'Addario EJ38H Phosphor Bronze High-Strung/Nashville Tuning (.010-.027) Acoustic Guitar Strings
Price: 4.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent strings..., 7 Jun 2013
As a recent convert to having a 6-string guitar high-strung, these are my first actual set of strings bought for this purpose - previously I'd looked up the relevant gauges and made a set from individual strings, keeping the G string low. I went for D'Addario because I'd already had a great experience with a their acoustic strings on my 12-string. When these arrived I thought I'd try out the high G that came with the set, but it broke while I was tuning it. No matter, as I wanted to continue recording something on which I'd used a low G previously. The other five strings have lived up to expectations and have that lovely characteristic D'Addario sound which I'm starting to love. One less star for the broken G (it would have been nice to have at least had the option of trying it), but overall very happy.

Sapphire Collection 18 cm Non Stick Milk Pan
Sapphire Collection 18 cm Non Stick Milk Pan
Price: 6.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Apparently it hasn't even been dispatched yet...., 9 April 2013
Having developed a fondness for scrambled eggs of late, and done my research about which was the best non-stick pan to cook them in, I was quite excited about getting this and have actually been waiting in for it to be delivered for the past few days. Having received nothing, I've just checked and found out the following : despite being offered as currently in stock and available with a next-day service, my own order of this item hasn't even been dispatched yet, over two weeks after I ordered it. Delivery is now estimated to be occurring in just over a week's time - on a date only four days less than a month after my order date! I find this not only disappointing, but downright deceptive. If they're in stock, where's mine??? There is no option to contact the seller within the order details, so here's my review on the transaction so far...

Pull your finger out, Pendeford Housewares! This is nonsense!

Edit : this eventually arrived over five weeks from the date of order. The pan itself is excellent, and I'd recommend it. Hopefully the delayed delivery is not typical...

Targus Hughes Leather Netbook Slipcase 10.2-inch
Targus Hughes Leather Netbook Slipcase 10.2-inch

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit all netbooks..., 26 Dec 2012
I bought this as the special offer price made it seem an attractive alternative to the Targus (soft) Netbook cover, which I had bought along with my Toshiba NB200 several years ago. Unfortunately the battery section of my Toshiba meant that it didn't fit into it too well, and as the so-called fastener is of the only-mildly-magnetic variety as opposed to velcro or something which would have stood a vague chance of staying closed over something slightly larger than intended, I had to abandon the idea of using it myself.

I ended up giving it as a present to someone who has a different make of netbook, and they seemed happy.

Bottom line is that this is not a "universal" case, and unsuitable for the Toshiba range.

SanDisk SDSDQ-016G-FFP 16 GB MicroSDHC Memory Card - Frustration-Free Packaging (Label May Change)
Price: 7.87

5.0 out of 5 stars A very quick and easy upgrade for my Blackberry.., 27 Jan 2011
I bought this 16GB micro SD card to use with my Blackberry Bold 9780. It arrived much faster than I was expecting within the terms of the free delivery, which was a good start. It was the combination of price, delivery and previous experience with SanDisk products that led me to choose this over some of the others on offer here.

Changing from the 2GB card which came with the phone was really easy and straightforward. I copied all the content from the Blackberry's various folders onto my PC laptop, then swapped out the 2GB card for the 16GB one. I wasn't sure if I'd need to get into formatting it or not... as it turned out I didn't. There was a quick message displayed after I powered up the phone (it was there and gone so fast that I just about managed to read a reference to "media card" before it disappeared) and that was it - when I explored the card it already had the empty folders ready to receive my files. I can only conclude that it must already have been suitably formatted for the instant creation of the required file structure.

Writing the original content onto the new card took a few minutes. It's obviously slower than the transfer speed in the other direction, but not unduly so. I now have the capacity to carry a decent quantity of music and to store a huge amount of photos - it's certainly not the most sexy purchase in the world, but having read a couple of the other less happy reviews which indicated the possibility of problems I wanted to share my experience, which has been entirely positive so far!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 13, 2011 10:23 PM GMT

Imogen Heap's Everything In-Between: The Story of Ellipse [DVD]
Imogen Heap's Everything In-Between: The Story of Ellipse [DVD]
Dvd ~ Imogen Heap

5.0 out of 5 stars A priveleged glimpse into pure creativity..., 14 Jan 2011
As a previous reviewer has mentioned, this is the ultimate "making of an album" documentary, and really should be compulsory viewing for anyone with any recording ambition, if only as a lesson in the degree of commitment required! It charts the highs and lows of Imogen's musical journey in a wonderfully frank and entertaining way. An utter privelege to see pure rampant creativity in action. So good I bought several copies as gifts to inspire musical friends....

If you already have the album then this dvd will make a superb companion-piece and send you back to the album with renewed interest. If, like me, you see this first and then buy the album afterwards, it doesn't give the game away at all as far as the musical end result is concerned. My appreciation of the album was much greater as a result of experiencing this - I thoroughly recommend it. A remarkable achievement!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 2, 2011 7:47 PM BST