Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Liverpool, UK)

Toads, and the Women Who Kiss Them.  Aunt Alex's Army Manual: How to Free Yourself From the Narcissist
Toads, and the Women Who Kiss Them. Aunt Alex's Army Manual: How to Free Yourself From the Narcissist

5.0 out of 5 stars I never do reviews - but this is amazing, 29 Sep 2013
This book helped me more in one day than two years of counselling. Can't thank you enough. I thought it was me - but now I see I have been vulnerable, not shameful. Thank you.

Le Creuset Kone Kettle with Whistle, 1.6 L - Volcanic
Le Creuset Kone Kettle with Whistle, 1.6 L - Volcanic

1.0 out of 5 stars Chocolate teapot, 7 May 2008
Gorgeous kettle but a real 'chocolate teapot' I am sad to say. 4 weeks old, the whistle has given up. When it has just boiled, pouring the kettle is hazardous and messy with boiling water sprayed everywhere. The handle holds the heat so that it can only be lifted using a cloth. Total waste of money unless you only wanted it to grow plants in. Rubbish. I can get a cheaper much more reliable kettle from another manufacturer and now I will have to do just that.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 4, 2010 3:04 AM BST

The Blade Itself: Book One Of The First Law (Gollancz S.F.): 1
The Blade Itself: Book One Of The First Law (Gollancz S.F.): 1
by Joe Abercrombie BA

1.0 out of 5 stars Yawn...wake me up when it is all over..., 23 Nov 2007
I was very excited by the reviews but found this book to be a real letdown. I felt that the story was populated by stock characters none of whom seemed to develop. The character motivation seemed similar in virtually every instance and progression barely existant. The dark side of the novel, the machinations of a crippled torturer, seemed bland and repetitive. The band of barbarians read like Pratchett's 'Cohen the Barbarian and the Silver Horde'. It takes an age for the plot to get started and then it rips along at almost glacial speed until you lose the will to bother picking the book up to read. Sorry to disagree with so many other people - I can see lots of you have loved this book but I found it really hard work.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 21, 2007 8:42 AM GMT