Profile for Aranya > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Epson Expression Photo XP-960 A3 All-in-One Printer - Black
Epson Expression Photo XP-960 A3 All-in-One Printer - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice printer but beware cashback offer, 11 Mar. 2016
Seems like a decent printer so far, just used if for a few things but great quality. That said, I am comparing it with a 12 year old R200! Too early to comment on things like ink use, but it seems to do a lot & manage to pack it into a relatively small package.
Look out for the cashback offer though - I got stung with this one. It doesn't apply if you just buy the printer, you have to buy a multipack of ink and do it at the same time in order to qualify. I didn't feel this was made clear in the offer details on this page.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 23, 2016 11:47 AM GMT

Move Your DNA: Restore Your Health Through Natural Movement
Move Your DNA: Restore Your Health Through Natural Movement
by Katy Bowman

5.0 out of 5 stars Much more than just another book on Paleo movement!, 27 Feb. 2016
Just wanting to say that I totally love Katy's book - it's much more than just one more 'paleo' book. Many of her insights on Natural movement I haven't read elsewhere & she gives excellent advice on how to transition safely to move more naturally & to improve your health. Our bodies have evolved to do certain things and if we don't do those things our health suffers. Thanks Katy, this is important reading.

The MELT Method: A Breakthrough Self-Treatment System to Eliminate Chronic Pain, Erase the Signs of Aging, and Feel Fantastic in Just 10 Minutes a Day!
by Sue Hitzmann

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just another book on using a roller!, 27 Feb. 2016
I'm seriously impressed already. At first glance from the book cover it looks like just another book on using a roller, so it wasn't top of my list to buy. I wish it had been! Yes, I agree that it could have benefited from some better editing & there's quite a bit of repetition - the early chapters could have been shorter & still contained everything she wanted to say. There's also some repetition of technique photo descriptions in the latter pages, but I appreciated this as it can be frustrating to be told 'start by doing the technique on page x' & then have to go find it again. Most of the photos made it clear how to do a particular technique, but occasionally I found myself wondering if I was doing it right.
The clincher for me was doing my first 'Rest assess' & then Reconnect. A few minutes on the roller (& all I have at the moment is a couple of hard rollers end to end with cushions on them - far from ideal) gave astonishing results. Sue describes how to test if your body's 'autopilot' was correctly calibrated - it's as simple as standing up and closing you eyes, lifting your toes off the floor (barefoot is easiest), taking 3 deep breaths & then after a fourth in-breath place your toes back on the floor & breathe out. Like many people it seems I leaned forwards & that indicates that my brain's assessment of my centre of gravity is 'off'. I repeated the test with eyes open & stayed upright showing that I've been using my vision to compensate for my body senses. After those few minutes on the roller I stood up and felt totally different - much more upright, comfortable and stable. I can't say enough how amazing this feels after 50 years of my previous 'normal'. If this is all I get from MELT I'll be very happy, but I suspect there's going to be much more. Thank you Sue, you're a genius!

Ergonomic mouse Evoluent VerticalMouse 4 Right Large
Ergonomic mouse Evoluent VerticalMouse 4 Right Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Better orientation for extended use, 24 Sept. 2015
Still not quite used to the extra button, but I find this a much better position for my arm ('normal' mice require you to cross your radius & ulna to use them & this isn't good posture-wise. Pleased with my purchase!

Truly Ergonomic Mechanical Keyboard 227 Soft Tactile
Truly Ergonomic Mechanical Keyboard 227 Soft Tactile

5.0 out of 5 stars Great keyboard, not just a better shape..., 24 Sept. 2015
I wanted a narrow keyboard to avoid having to stretch too far for the mouse (RSI issue). Given the lack of choice in this area I ended up spending a lot more than I had originally expected, but wow, what a great keyboard, way better than my previous microsoft ergonomic. Highly recommended by me, although the different position of the return key in particular (in the middle of the space bar) can be a bit annoying until you get used to it. Once you do it's in a much better place. So too the CAPS lock, no more those annoying accidental touches when using the SHIFT key. Much, much better!

3M Headlight Restoration Kit to Restore Dull/ Faded/ Discoloured Headlights
3M Headlight Restoration Kit to Restore Dull/ Faded/ Discoloured Headlights
Offered by UK ONLINE

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job really well, 24 Sept. 2015
Yes, it does take you through a 'scary' stage where the lens becomes very frosted, but then that wasn't so much different to how mine were already (a 20 year old people carrier). By the time I'd finished though they looked amazing, almost as good as new. Very happy!

Dance Music Manual
Dance Music Manual
by Rick Snoman

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book alas riddled with typos, 28 April 2015
This review is from: Dance Music Manual (Paperback)
A truly excellent book let down only by the publisher who let a whole host of typos through. Rick Snoman has produced a fine book that covers a great deal of ground in its 500+ pages. I couldn't put it down and have gone on to purchase a set of his excellent DVDs too. Highly recommended, just a pity about the typos. I don't expect someone teaching me music to have perfect English, but the publisher's proofreaders should. I'm sorry for Rick that Focal Press haven't given his fine book the care it deserves.

How Music Works: A listener's guide to harmony, keys, broken chords, perfect pitch and the secrets of a good tune
by John Powell

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on!, 28 April 2015
Fantastic book, covered everything I wanted with a great sense of humour & not a typo in sight. Spot on!

Skylarking [Corrected Polarity Edition]
Skylarking [Corrected Polarity Edition]

5.0 out of 5 stars Sorely tempted..., 24 April 2014
Having seen this re-release this morning I stuck this masterpiece on again and finally noticed what a tinny production my copy of the CD has. Mine is almost certainly the original release, without Dear God. So I'm feeling sorely tempted as Skylarking is one of my top ten favourite albums (Oranges & Lemons is in there too).

Corinne Bailey Rae
Corinne Bailey Rae
Offered by b68solutions

5.0 out of 5 stars The second disc is as good as the first..., 14 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Corinne Bailey Rae (Audio CD)
Really enjoying the second disc - I've had the first for a long while & love it so thought it time to see what the extras are like in the special edition. The extra CD has a different feel to it & includes a few covers, though Corinne gives them all her own feel & there's not a filler track on it. It's the CD of choice in the evenings at home right now & for good reason. Lovely!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3