Profile for Mrs. K. Topping > Reviews

Content by Mrs. K. Topping

Mrs. K. Topping "katht" (Yorkshire, UK)

Bose ® QuietComfort ® 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones - Black/Silver
Bose ® QuietComfort ® 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones - Black/Silver

1.0 out of 5 stars Spectacularly poor quality item, 14 Feb 2013
I decided to treat myself to a pucker pair of headphones for travel and general use and having read all the reviews, these were the obviously choice. I just couldn't believe that something that cost £225 new could look and feel so much like a cheap chinese knock off. Appalling quality switches and plastics - the battery cover snapped off immediately and the battery got stuck in the slot. When I tried the headphones they made the most appalling low frequency thumping noise, like slowed down tinitus. I can only assume they were faulty, which does not excuse the rubbish build quality. The battery was missing out of my pack so perhaps it was a duffer that had already been returned once. Massively disappointing.

Feet First: Barefoot Performance and Hoof Rehabilitation
Feet First: Barefoot Performance and Hoof Rehabilitation
by Nic Barker

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book - readable and informative, 16 Oct 2009
This book helps educate those of us who have previously left the entire issue of foot health in the hands of our farriers. It poses valid questions about so many practices that have always been taken for granted. It is written in a very accessible manner with useful pictures. Although the authors are clearly very passionate about their subject, they provide a balanced, pragmatic approach to hoof care without being too evangelistic, giving due credit to established farriery whilst proposing alternative possibilities.

If you having hoof problems or are just interested in the importance of hoof care, I would thoroughly recommended this book.