Profile for L. Kirk > Reviews

Content by L. Kirk

L. Kirk "lareen8" (Nottinghamshire, UK)

The Terminal [DVD] (2004)
The Terminal [DVD] (2004)
Dvd ~ Tom Hanks
Offered by DVDBayFBA

4.0 out of 5 stars really good, 26 July 2005
This review is from: The Terminal [DVD] (2004) (DVD)
This movie was beter than I thought it would be, it was typical for Tom Hanks, fantastic acting by him and Catherine Zeta Jones, it was quite moving. It was the same sort of movie as Castaway, he was stranded with nowhere to go. It's a feel good film and definately worth watching

La Bamba [DVD]
La Bamba [DVD]
Dvd ~ Lou Diamond Phillips

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 22 Jun 2005
This review is from: La Bamba [DVD] (DVD)
I've been watching this film since I was a child, so I thought it deserved being bought on DVD. Fantastic movie, really quite moving. He tried hard and got out of poverty, then the tradegy happened. Really sad, good if you enjoy musicals, rock and Roll and true stories

Saw (Uncut, Theatrical Version) [DVD]
Saw (Uncut, Theatrical Version) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Leigh Whannell
Offered by Jasuli

1.0 out of 5 stars I've watched scarier Disney movies!!, 22 Jun 2005
I expected a gruesome, scary movie. What I got was boredom after 30 minutes, this film is crap, it's a joke to anyone who likes a good horror movie. The acting was fake even by Danny Glover which I was suprised at, the whole film's pointless and completely unbelievable. I wouldn't waste time or money on this and go for a classic.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 4, 2012 4:17 PM BST

Birth [DVD]
Birth [DVD]
Dvd ~ Nicole Kidman
Offered by skyvo-direct

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute crap!, 13 Jun 2005
This review is from: Birth [DVD] (DVD)
This film is one of the worst I've seen, Nicole Kidman's acting was awful and the story line was unbelieveable. Some of the movie seems quite disturbing, like when the 10 year child gets in the bath with Anna (Nicole Kidman)
It left me confused seeing as all the way through the child Sean claims to be her dead husband and then at the end he just changes his mind! After watching this I watched Lock, Stock and 2 smoking barrels, which is a truly classic movie. I wouldn't waste your time or money on watching this movie!

Scum [1979] (Ray Winstone) [DVD]
Scum [1979] (Ray Winstone) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ray Winstone
Offered by Lifes Essentials

5.0 out of 5 stars Scum - Heavy Movie!, 4 May 2005
This film was fantastic, considering how old it is. It was very moving and even though it's based at Borstel you start to feel for the inmates, how they were bullied, tormented and even raped. Help didn't arrive in time for one boy which was upsetting. Typically British movie which makes it a classic.
A very powerful and graphic movie.