Profile for Rooster > Reviews

James Wong's Homegrown Revolution
James Wong's Homegrown Revolution
by James Wong

5.0 out of 5 stars An Inspiration!, 5 Jan. 2013
Very inspiring book, full of unusual vegetables and salad to try in the allotment next year. Very much looking forward to trying all of them!

The Road to Red Rocks [Live in Concert] [DVD] [2012]
The Road to Red Rocks [Live in Concert] [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Mumford & Sons

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 5 Jan. 2013
Great DVD if you like Mumford and Sons and can't get a ticket to one of their concerts. Good concert atmosphere and nice to see them perform familiar songs.

Pen & Ink Sketching Step by Step (Dover Art Instruction)
Pen & Ink Sketching Step by Step (Dover Art Instruction)
by Frank J. Lohan

4.0 out of 5 stars Good starting point, 5 Jan. 2013
Gave good inspiration to start pen drawing, though I believe there's an earlier book giving more beginner information. I'm pleased with my first pictures though!

High Capacity - Rechargeable Battery for Nikon COOLPIX P500, P510, P520, P530, P100, P90, P6000, P80, P5000 and P5100 Digital Camera - AAA Products - 12 Month Warranty
Offered by MACRO.SUPPLIER

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 16 July 2012
A cheap battery for my new Nikon P510, and it has a higher capacity than the Nikon original that came with the camera!

I think in common with all products using Li-Ion batteries, the Nikon gives very little warning about low battery level. It shows full all the time, then half full and then it shuts down about six shots later!

Having a fully charged spare in the camera bag removes battery anxiety and both batteries stay charged with very little self discharge. I bought a cheap mains charger for it from Amazon too. Very pleased with both.

Wentronic 50071-GB 2.0m 15 Pin SCART Plug to High Density Plug Audio Video Cable
Offered by Espace-Disque

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing wrong with the product, but..., 16 July 2012
...it still doesn't work.

I was using it for its intended function - PLEASE NOTE that it says it's SCART to 15 pin, it will NOT work the other way!

However, even the way it's supposed to be used doesn't work because the monitor goes into power save mode and doesn't come out of it with the video signal. I started to look into the VGA 15 pin standard to sort out how to get the monitor to stay awake, but ended up using a different solution for what I wanted (monitoring video playback from a VHS recorder while digitising my old tapes - I just used an old TV in the end.)

Will probably work if you have a monitor without sleep mode, but will NOT work from computer to TV as it's not wired that way.

Garland Grow Light Garden
Garland Grow Light Garden
Offered by The Greenhouse People

5.0 out of 5 stars Will buy another, 16 July 2012
This is great! Plenty of light, and the herbs we grew this year were stronger than ever when we planted them out. Thinking of getting another, and growing salad all year indoors!

Power consumption appears to be minimal and hardly shows on our electricity monitor. We had it on a time switch to come on at dawn and off at dusk. You could wire it to a dawn to dusk switch I suppose, if you don't fancy changing the time switch settings every few weeks.

One of the square holes for the uprights had a lump of moulded plastic in it so it was impossible to fit the pole. Easily fixed with a narrow wood chisel.

Nvidia Geforce FX 6200 , PCI Videocard , 256MB DDR2 Memory , DVI , VGA and HDTV out , Low Profil , Passiv , Windows 7 support

3.0 out of 5 stars Failed within two months, 16 July 2012
Card was fine with W7 32 bit while it worked, but developed a memory fault after about 7 weeks and I had to send it back. Might have been a one off of course.

But the screws on the D type connector were loose and one was missing altogether when I got it. There is no fan, so I wonder if that contributed to the memory fault.

Anyway, seems to work if you still need a PCI (not PCIe) card like I did, but don't know about reliability.

GOOD OLD NAUGHTY DAYS
GOOD OLD NAUGHTY DAYS
Dvd ~ Michel Reilhac
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fun!, 16 July 2012
This review is from: GOOD OLD NAUGHTY DAYS (DVD)
Well, my mum says they didn't do "disgusting" things in her day, so here's a set of films to show otherwise! Some nice stories (silly of course!) with ordinary people acting in them. Funny to think they are all dead by now.

If you are like my wife and I, some stories will make you wince, some will make you laugh, but you will be particularly turned on if you hanker for the days when ladies had hair other than on their head!

Stove Pipe Thermometer - Magnetic - Fluesystems
Stove Pipe Thermometer - Magnetic - Fluesystems
Offered by Fluesystems

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little thermometer, 16 July 2012
Works just fine, and great for keeping an eye on how the stove is doing. I swept the chimney myself this year and there was hardly any soot and no creosote because we kept things burning hot with the help of this thermometer.

It has a magnetic base so sticks to the flue. The instructions say to site it 300mm or so away from the stove, but that's not possible on our stove, but it still works well.

It's a little difficult to read in the gloom of the fireplace, so I have used a white marker pen to extend the lines marking "Best Operation".

The Mammoth Book of Short Erotic Novels (Mammoth Books)
The Mammoth Book of Short Erotic Novels (Mammoth Books)
by Maxim Jakubowski

2.0 out of 5 stars Not erotic for us, 16 July 2012
I bought this for my wife, but she said it wasn't really her thing after reading several of the stories. There is a lot of "water sports" featured, so if that is what you like you might be interested. I tried to read it and found it a bit boring, with long drawn-out introduction scenes. A bit too American for our tastes too.

Still, we hope a customer at our local charity shop liked it better!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4