Profile for kazzakiwi > Reviews

Content by kazzakiwi

kazzakiwi

The Sisterhood: How the power of the feminine heart can become a catalyst for change and make the world a better place
by Bobbie Houston

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't recommend this book more highly, 28 April 2016
I can't recommend this book more highly, it outlines both Bobbie's personal storing and the birthing of the movement that is The Sisterhood and Colour Conference. I'll be buying copies for many women in my world.

Cabin Max Flight Approved Lightweight Carry on Trolley Backpack Bag
Cabin Max Flight Approved Lightweight Carry on Trolley Backpack Bag

1.0 out of 5 stars I liked the size, 26 Oct. 2014
I liked the size, though it will get taken off you on flights if there is limited space and will be checked in. It's kosher, but only just. The first bag the handle broke at the start of a weekend away, very annoying. The company were kind to replace it. The 2nd bag got caught using an escalator on another weekend away and ripped. The material is clearly not very good quality to rip so easily. I gave up on the bags at this point.

Gluten-Free Baking Classics
Gluten-Free Baking Classics
by Annalise G. Roberts

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite gluten free baking book, 6 Oct. 2012
I absolutely swear by Annalises recipes, to the point that I left my copy of the cookbook at home in NZ when I moved to the UK and I am going to order another. I love the vanilla cupcake recipe and have been making it for several years. Most people can't tell it's gluten free. The sponge cake recipe is brilliant as well. I have made these recipes in NZ and here in the UK (well the ones that I have still) and they work. The ingredients are extremely easy to get hold of - As Nature Intended has brown rice flour, tapioca and potato, but the latter two ingredients you can get in Asian stores as well. I like having a bit of extra nutrition from the brown rice flour and I find the ratio of tapioca means my baking isn't too 'gummy'.

I can't recommend this book more highly, that I'm going to buy a second copy should be praise enough.