Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for Mr A Cahill > Reviews

Content by Mr A Cahill

Mr A Cahill

Page: 1 | 2
Orange and Brown Floral Swirl PVC VInyl Wipe Clean Tablecloth 120cm (47") Round
Orange and Brown Floral Swirl PVC VInyl Wipe Clean Tablecloth 120cm (47") Round
Offered by Jolee Fabrics

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Jun. 2015
Very pleased with this tablecloth. Good quality, vibrant colours. Delivered promptly.

Philips SHP1800/00 Indoor Corded TV Headphones - Black
Philips SHP1800/00 Indoor Corded TV Headphones - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Not much use with TV, 8 Feb. 2015
These headphones are adequate for use with a laptop for instance but I found the volume too low when connected to TV even with the sound adjusted to full volume using the in-line volume control on the cord. I would not recommend them for use with a TV.

Tibo Dab420
Tibo Dab420

1.0 out of 5 stars This would be a great tuner at the price, 22 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Tibo Dab420 (Electronics)
This would be a great tuner at the price, and the DAB reception and sound quality are fine, but mine has the same fault as described by others, in that the standby light flashes on and off and the unit clicks all the time even when switched off. The only way to stop it is to turn it off at the mains. The remote control is also very small and of cheap quality and on my remote the volume contol does not work at all. So I am waiting for a replacement for the while thing, but I am not confident it will be any better. I would not recommend this product. Spend more.

Last Man Off: A True Story of Disaster and Survival on the Antarctic Seas
Last Man Off: A True Story of Disaster and Survival on the Antarctic Seas
by Matt Lewis

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 4 Nov. 2014
Very involving, well written and absorbing read.

Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power Razor and 11 Blades
Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power Razor and 11 Blades

5.0 out of 5 stars Best razor I have had, 23 Mar. 2014
I tired a double edged safety razor before I bought this and that just made my skin sore and did not shave well at all. I then tried this and it's the best razor I have ever used. The blades are expensive but with the clever power vibration provided by the battery in the handle the razor provides a smooth close shave with no discomfort or soreness and the blades seem to last for ages with the help of the vibration still providing a close shave. Personally I cannot fault it and I would recommend it.

Steens Richmond Pine Bedside Table
Steens Richmond Pine Bedside Table

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Cabinet for the Money, 28 Mar. 2013
If a basic pine bedside table is what you are looking for this will do the job. Took me about an hour to assemble, all screw and dowel fixings, no glue. Solid pine, good quality antique pine finish, drawers fit well and open and close fine. Can't fault it, and I don't think it can be bettered for the price.

Creative Inspire T10 Multimedia Speakers
Creative Inspire T10 Multimedia Speakers

5.0 out of 5 stars Creative Inspire T10, 9 Dec. 2012
I don't usually write reviews, but have been looking for some replacement speakers for a while, and these are excellent value for money, and in my opinion, far above the average for the price in comparison with other speakers of similar price. For a pair of basic computer / laptop / tablet speakers these are very competent, with a good rich sound, and a Tone control that does work and will provide a bit more bass or a bit more treble as required. The bass element seems adequate for the price. The speakers themselves are very weighty, of good solid build quality, and the power / volume and tone controls are easy to work from the front of one of the speakers. The speakers are supplied with separate jack cable to connect from the speakers to laptop / pc or tablet. For the price I cannot fault. Wireless connectivity would be better, but they are twice the price, and I have had problems with wireless speakers dropping the connection.

Creative T12 Wireless (2.0) Bluetooth Speakers with Aux-in
Creative T12 Wireless (2.0) Bluetooth Speakers with Aux-in
Offered by SEDIVA UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Creative 51MF1650AA000 T12 Wireless Speakers, 10 Mar. 2012
I was looking for a set of wireless speakers to use with my Samsung Galaxy tab, and spent some time researching. The reviews for this product seemed to fit the bill, and I have not been disappointed. I am not very tekky, I am not a techo-geek, but I do enjoy music and iplayer programmes, so wanted something that would improve the sound output from my Galaxy pad. The sound on the Galaxy is just about ok for listening to speach. I ordered these speakers from Amazon with free delivery, and they were delivered about 5 days later. They do everything I need, and are brilliant with the Pad. The sound is rich and full, with plenty of volume for a large room. They are well made, robust and quite heavy, so don't keep falling over if you knock them by accident. I now have them set up in the kitchen. Pairing with the Galaxy pad is simple, even for a non technical person, and once paired they steam the sound faultlessly. I can fully recommend these even at £66 price tag, as they are worth every penny.

Canon CanoScan LiDE 110 Scanner
Canon CanoScan LiDE 110 Scanner
Offered by Re-tek UK Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 4 Jun. 2011
I needed a basic home scanner at a reasonable price and this fits the bill. Easy to set up, easy to use and perfect for low volume home scanning. I am not heavily into gadgets and technology, but needed a scanner to reduce paper document storage and get better organised and this suits my needs. It isn't fast, taking a few seconds for a scan, and does not 'sheet feed, but it does work well and efficiently, with a one touch scan button on the scanner a useful idea. It's just over A4 in size, and not bulky, so takes up little room. I would recommend for home or low volume use, if that's your requirement.

Liquid Swords
Liquid Swords
Offered by Direct Entertainment Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best albums to come out of the golden age of hip hop, 17 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Liquid Swords (Audio CD)
This album is, in every sense of the word a classic. Let me stress that first off this is NOT a party album. This is the type of album you put in your cd player in your lounge on a cold, rainy day, sit, listen to the lyrics, and contemplate. The production work on this is really good, with dark, soulful, moody beats, which are all distinct enough from each other to keep things interest. Lyrically, GZA really shines, coming with hard metaphors, double meanings, and clever wordplay, and although his subject matter is Fake Mcs, guns, drugs, the new york projects, and the difficulties of growing up in the ghetto, he does it in a way that doesn't glorify it but at the same time makes it sound interesting. His voice is really good, because it's strong enough so that it doesn't get outshined by the beat, but at the same time is smooth, and he manages to switch up flow several times, showing his skills as an MC. The guest appearances are also really good, with every rapper featuring holding on his own and going really strong lyrically. I particularly liked Inspectah Deck's rap on "Duel of the Iron Mic", trust me, hear his verse on that song if you want to be impressed. This is a classic rap album and one that no hip hop collection is complete without.

Page: 1 | 2