Profile for emberzmars > Reviews

Instinct
Instinct
Price: 6.82

4.0 out of 5 stars Unexpected discovery, 21 May 2012
This review is from: Instinct (Audio CD)
Came across this band when I read The Sound of 2012, so checked them out on youtube. I'm hardly impulsive when it comes to shopping but after listening to their sampler & liking 3 tracks (my golden rule when purchasing CD), I decided to buy the CD. The band sounds like a mix of Cyndi Lauper, Florence + The Machine & Goldfrapp. Love the tracks especially 'The Drummer', 'DJ Ease My Mind', 'Under the Bridge' & 'Tomorrow'. Other songs are all right, perhaps I will grow to like them. Perfect for summer!

Selah Sue
Selah Sue
Price: 7.62

5.0 out of 5 stars What a soulful singer!, 22 Jan 2012
This review is from: Selah Sue (Audio CD)
I discovered Selah Sue while travelling to Belgium & Germany last Christmas. I was hooked on her collaboration with Tom Barman & The Subs 'The Zanna' so I decided to check her own material. AMAZING! Who would have this soulful singer-songwriter comes from tiny Belgium (love the country!)?

Stand out tracks for me are: This World, Raggamuffin, Crazy Vibes, Black Part Love. Same as the other reviewer, I had to wait for a long time because this CD is not available in UK yet. Nevertheless, the CD is worth the wait.

Mirrorwriting
Mirrorwriting
Price: 7.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond my expectations, 30 Nov 2011
This review is from: Mirrorwriting (Audio CD)
First heard & saw 'Lady Luck' on little known music tv channel in Malaysia. I listened to some of his tracks on youtube & was convinced I should buy the album. Wow would be the word I choose to describe Jamie Woon. His voice is soulful and the tracks are amazing. One of the best albums released in 2011 that I have bought.