Profile for JLCGladstone > Reviews

Content by JLCGladstone

JLCGladstone (Surrey Uk)

Birkenstock Mayari Birko-Flor, Style-No. 71051, Women Thong Sandals, White, EU 40, normal width

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant style, 17 Nov 2013
My first pair of this style and I love them.
The toe post and strap are really comfortable.
Proved to be very comfortable holiday walking shoes.
Great service.

Birkenstock Unisex-Adult Arizona Sandals Black Leather  7 UK
Birkenstock Unisex-Adult Arizona Sandals Black Leather 7 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Great item and service, 17 Nov 2013
My 3rd pair of this style, used mainly as my house slippers, for comfort and ease.
A quality item and great service.

Big Flavours and Rough Edges : Recipes from the Eagle
Big Flavours and Rough Edges : Recipes from the Eagle
by David Eyre

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent recipe book, 6 Dec 2008
Unfortunately we have never eaten at The Eagle- but this cookbook is fantastic and leaves me feeling a meal there would be a tasty treat. The recipes are really interesting and easy to follow. We keep going back time and time again to many of them, like the steak sandwich recipe and the pasta ones - especially the fennel/capers and lemon one.
To me it seems a more sensible version of the River Cafe ( where we have managed to eat once) food and recipe book.
I determined to give the book as presents to friends this Christmas but was horrified to find the price of it nowadays. Perhaps the new one out by David Eyre will be as good

The Secret History
The Secret History
by Donna Tartt

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant read - and reread, 20 July 2002
This review is from: The Secret History (Paperback)
A brilliant book and one of my all time favourites.
The story is completely believable, but very frightening. I made the mistake as reading it as a bedtime book and found that I was too scared to read on, but too frightened to put it down and not find out what happened next,
It captures so well the strange bonding of disparate friendship groupings at college, a timeout from the real world, and the clash of the college and home environments.
I have also enjoyed rereading it to try get beyond the narrator's version of events but, while I sometimes think I may have seen "something else", it remains mysterious .