Profile for KATHARINE BISSET > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Woman In Black 2: Angel of Death [DVD] [2015]
Woman In Black 2: Angel of Death [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Helen McCrory

4.0 out of 5 stars ... original Woman in Black with Daniel Radcliffe I did like this one, 15 July 2016
Although not as scary as the original Woman in Black with Daniel Radcliffe I did like this one. I wasn't convinced about the characters the first time I watched it but then after watching it again I decided to buy it as I found it got better the more I watched it. The storyline is predictabled but it is useful having it set during second world war and children get to stay in Eel Marsh House with two teachers. Quite well acted and there are a few scares in this one but the other was scarier if I am honest. Jeremy Irvine is pretty good as the RAF pilot who saves the day but ends up sacrificing himself to save Eve and the child being chased by the Woman in Black who isn't as creepy as she was in the first movie. Not a bad effort.

George Of The Jungle [DVD] [1997]
George Of The Jungle [DVD] [1997]
Dvd ~ Brendan Fraser

5.0 out of 5 stars veryy good condition and arrived fine too, 4 July 2016
veryy good condition and arrived fine too. good value for money.
Really enjoy this dvd I owned the video years ago and never managed to watch it when shown on TV. The acting from all cast are very good exceptionally Brenda Fraser as George. The narrator is pretty funny too and I cannot help but laugh at this even though am an adult!
Another hugely daft film but will cheer you up!

Frozen [DVD]
Frozen [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chris Buck

4.0 out of 5 stars ... IT WAS RELEASED ON NOW TV I DIDN'T FULLY ENJOY IT BUT FOUND THE MORE I WATCH IT IT ..., 5 May 2016
This review is from: Frozen [DVD] (DVD)
HAVING SEEN THIS FILM WHEN IT WAS RELEASED ON NOW TV I DIDN'T FULLY ENJOY IT BUT FOUND THE MORE I WATCH IT IT IS VERY GOOD FOR A DISNEY FILM. ALTHOUGH I AM AN ADULT I DO ENJOY DISNEY FILMS AND THE SONGS ARE QUITE CATCHY TOO INCLUDING THE EVER POPULAR 'LET IT GO'. ALTHOUGH THE VOICES FROM ACTORS FOR THE FILMS CHARACTERS AREN'T WELL KNOWN THEY'RE GOOD TOO. I ALWAYS FIND THIS IS A FILM THAT CAN MAKE ME LAUGH!

The Musketeers - Series 1 [DVD] [2014]
The Musketeers - Series 1 [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Luke Pasqualino

5.0 out of 5 stars ... DOESNT SHUT PROPERLY THE DISCS ALL WORK AND I LOVE THE FIRST SERIES AND THOUGHT THE VERY REDUCED PRICE ..., 17 Mar. 2016
ALTHOUGH THE BOX SET WAS SLIGHTLY DAMAGED AND DOESNT SHUT PROPERLY THE DISCS ALL WORK AND I LOVE THE FIRST SERIES AND THOUGHT THE VERY REDUCED PRICE WAS WORTH THE MONEY. HAPPY WITH THE DELIVERY TIME ALSO AND IF I WAIT LONG ENOUGH, SERIES TWO WILL ALSO BE PURCHASED CHEAPLY TOO.
JUST A PITY SERIES 3 IS YET TO BE AIRED ON TV!

Waking Ned [1999] [DVD]
Waking Ned [1999] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ian Bannen
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

2.0 out of 5 stars I cleaned the disc but it was quite worn and was a pity as I do like this film, 11 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Waking Ned [1999] [DVD] (DVD)
I saw this on TV years ago and tried to buy it at a low price. I did get the film but after ten minutes the film kept freezing on my machine which isn't that old. I cleaned the disc but it was quite worn and was a pity as I do like this film. Just be careful when buying from Amazon although I did get refunded which made me feel better. I guess whoever had bought the film watched it a lot!

The X Files: Season 3 [DVD] [1994]
The X Files: Season 3 [DVD] [1994]
Dvd ~ David Duchovny

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed a few of them but found that Mulder and ..., 11 Jan. 2016
Having watched most episodes from the start I bought this season as I wasn't sure if had seen all episodes. I enjoyed a few of them but found that Mulder and Scully had lost their usual sense of humour but the episodes were quite good anyway and followed up from Season one which was good as I had forgotten what happened in Paper Clip. I also think season 4 is probably the best season as well as season one and two. Not bad value for money though and in good condition.

Eva's Story: A Survivor's Tale by the Step-Sister of Anne Frank
Eva's Story: A Survivor's Tale by the Step-Sister of Anne Frank
by Eva Schloss
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

4.0 out of 5 stars This was a really good book. Having read Anne Frank and Helgas diary ..., 4 Dec. 2015
This was a really good book. Having read Anne Frank and Helgas diary which were both similar accounts of surviving a concentration camp Evas Story was good. She starts off by detailing her family life before the war and then it starts as how the family were betrayed and arrested. I always find these stories interesting as I like to learn how people survived such horrors during the Nazi occupation and how cruel they actually were towards the Jews, Gypsies and people who were disabled and used for tests by Dr Mengele. I hope to find another book as I do like to read how others coped as I find this kind of history worth knowing.

Prisoners Of Auschwitz [DVD]
Prisoners Of Auschwitz [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jiri Madl

2.0 out of 5 stars There were some good parts that were watchable and believable but why do ..., 4 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Prisoners Of Auschwitz [DVD] (DVD)
Overall this film was probably fairly accurate in being very true. There were some good parts that were watchable and believable but why do the directors have to ruin the film with too much sex? You never know if the Nazi guards did force the prisoners to be used for sex which could be true but it just was a case of bad acting. If it hadn't have been put into the film then it would have been better to watch. Some of the scenes were quite harrowing to watch and that being it was two hours long it did drag. Not a patch on say, Downfall or Schindlers List glad I was able to return it and got a refund!

Through the Lens of a Tear
Through the Lens of a Tear
Offered by best_value_entertainment

2.0 out of 5 stars this was not a very good buy. I have her single of The Voice ..., 27 Oct. 2015
Oh dear..this was not a very good buy. I have her single of The Voice when she sung on Eurovision representing Ireland and thought her CD would be nice as I like celtic style music but this was more depressing than comforting. She does sing okay but can only really say I have two out of the ten tracks as my best number 7 and 6 are quite good. I love the Corrs although they're more pop than celtic but was expecting more from this cd unless you need to be depressed or 'haunted' by weird sounds then you might like it. Otherwise, give it a miss!

Girls Aloud- What Will The Neighbours Say? Live in Concert [2005] [DVD]
Girls Aloud- What Will The Neighbours Say? Live in Concert [2005] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Girls Aloud
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars ... £2 for as I wasn't sure if I would enjoy it. I like Girls Aloud and this is ..., 6 Aug. 2015
I certainly found that this was worth paying under £2 for as I wasn't sure if I would enjoy it. I like Girls Aloud and this is a very good DVD of their first live concerts and the girls can certainly sing live and dance really well too. A bit annoying when they start talking to the audience as the accents of the girls are irritating but you sort of ignore it and just enjoy the songs. I have never been to see them live myself before they broke up but the DVD's are well worth buying.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5