Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "JB" (Scotland)

PILOT
PILOT
Dvd
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars This is Ron Perlman at his best! Dark Dark character and an unusual story line ..., 11 Sep 2014
This is Ron Perlman at his best! Dark Dark character and an unusual story line using religious visions as a guide on how to act. This could go anywhere as Ron's character maybe seen as a nut job running wild...and in a position of power that has many reaches in to a cities society and social elite. A terrific cast of really good actors too, they have to be on top of their abilities with this story line. I just hope this gets a series and possibly several more...as long as the writers dont lose the plot this can really grow!!

Once Dead (A Rho Agenda Novel)
Once Dead (A Rho Agenda Novel)

5.0 out of 5 stars Could not put it down, 2 Sep 2014
Full on action all the way through the book. From close quarter knife fights and gun battles to the political infighting between government agencies and the frustration of the right guy not being heard. Love the writing style where a scene is replayed in the role of different characters to give their view and what they wanted to achieve. The demonic possession is a nice twist too. Great writing style that lets your imagination explode...a must read!!

Realms of Time (Scrapyard Ship Series Book 4)
Realms of Time (Scrapyard Ship Series Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Like this series, 28 Aug 2014
Like this series, easy to read, fast paced, several story lines to keep up with....just gotta let your imagination run riot and try and imagine what the author is presenting!!

Going Back Home
Going Back Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing short of legendary!, 31 July 2014
This review is from: Going Back Home (Audio CD)
I saw Wilko last year in Glasgow. What a performance by him and the band! Especially so when you consider what he was going through with his illness, one of the best gigs I've been too. I liked Dr Feelgood, but nobody can play like Wilko. I hummed and hawed when this album came out because I already have all the songs. Well...I've only ever seen Roger Daltry on TV, The Who played a charity gig at Murrayfield in Edinburgh which was televised years ago. The Who and James Brown blew the stadium apart and showed these so called stadium bands how to rock...they really did!!! Then I watched some interviews on You Tube of Roger Daltry and I thought....got to buy this...Well...it's a blinder in my opinion, the music thunders out the speakers, the band sounds as powerful and tight as it every was and Wilko's guitar just sounds better, I think there is a better tone to it...anyhow, that guy Roger Daltry just makes the songs his own, he has the guts to sing them his own way, with his own timing...I cannot wait for these guy s to do a gig in Scotland...it will be magic. I think I should also acknowledge that Roger Daltry does a bit for Child Cancer charity...makes him a a really nice guy in my book. Watched something on TV about it a few years ago, nice to see a Rock Legend being so down to earth. I would also like to say get better soon Wilko, you were probably one of the first guitarists I saw interviewed on TV as a kid, what you said in the few seconds of air time, gave me inspiration to keep trying to play guitar!

Winterkill (Joe Pickett Book 3)
Winterkill (Joe Pickett Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Real Good Book, 26 Dec 2012
I dont want to give anything away from the book.
All I can say is I like the way CJ Box writes.
This is the second book of his I've read and it's cracking.
There are no glamorous heroes and it's pretty much all down to earth stuff...but he creates plots and action that makes you read more and more just gently sucking you in till you get to the end.

I'm going to get a few more of his books once I've worked through my backlog.
I encourage anyone to read his stuff terrific writing.

The Practice of Wudang Tai Chi Chuan: Hand Form, Pushing Hands, Applications
The Practice of Wudang Tai Chi Chuan: Hand Form, Pushing Hands, Applications
by Ian Cameron
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Winds Tai Chi Chuan, 22 April 2012
I'm lucky enough to train with Ian. Or to give him the title he really deserves Sifu Cameron. I bought the first issue and soon wore it out, the spiral copy is better for referencing when training. He also has a weapons book too, which is also rather good! I thought I would write a review to give anyone interested the web link to 5 Winds Tai Chi Chuan
there is a Google+ and a facebook page too.

A little bird told me that a free book will be downloadable from the 5 Winds School of Tai Chi Chuan, this is a collection of all of Sifu's Tai Chi Chuan articles.

[...]

Alabama 3: Live At The Astoria - Hear The Train A'comin [DVD] [2014]
Alabama 3: Live At The Astoria - Hear The Train A'comin [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Alabama 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Alabama 3 live--superb, 3 Aug 2006
I'm really happy I bought this. Really goes to show that there are some really great performers left. You really have to listen to the well timed, one lined, punch lines of D Wayne, he has me in fits. As for the rest of the band they are all excellent, and it looks like they really are comfortable being so physically close to the audience, and that's what makes a great gig. I didn't realize that Rock Freebase was such a great influence, he sure does know how to play the Tele, and the Harp player, jeez he was blowing some nice notes, in the meantime the drums, percussion,bass, and keyboards keep everything nice and tight, and Larry and D Wayne entertain, and are spurred on by the crowd and great backing vocals...damned shame I was n't there!!! Next time though.......