Profile for ClareBright > Reviews

Content by ClareBright

ClareBright

How To Do Standard English Accents: From Traditional RP to the New 21st-Century Neutral Accent
by Edda Sharpe

5.0 out of 5 stars Short Notice Saviour!, 29 Mar. 2013
I bought this book because I had found "How to do Accents" very helpful. However I hadn't actually opened it until I got a last minute audition. The script involved a military RP accent but because the casting was the next day I had no time to see a voice coach or trawl the internet for suitable voice clips. I was so relieved I had this book and the MP3 files to hand, it meant that with only a few hours notice I was able to go into the audition feeling confident and I'm pleased to report I got the job! Even if I never pick this book up again (unlikely) it has already proved to be priceless. My advice: buy it before you need it!

How to Do Accents
How to Do Accents
by Edda Sharpe

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have!, 29 Mar. 2013
This review is from: How to Do Accents (Paperback)
I have never been a natural when it comes to learning accents, however this book and cd make it easy. I was staggered by how quickly I felt confident with a new accent. It is so straight forward that it would be an excellent resource to have whether you are a professional actor, an acting student or an amateur. It is particularly good for those of us who perhaps can't afford to have private tuition or live too far away to get to a class or meet with a voice coach.

Further Adventures Of (Deluxe Ltd Edition)
Further Adventures Of (Deluxe Ltd Edition)
Offered by videosanddvds

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic New Album, 12 Aug. 2010
I never write reviews on websites but felt compelled to do so because people should know just how brilliant this new album is. I managed to get hold of a preview copy but love it so much I have pre ordered several copies for friends and family.
This album is classic Saw Doctors but also feels distinctly contemporary. There is a great rock edge to the sound and lyrics that you will immediately relate to. Each track is a gem but today I'm particularly loving "Someone Loves You" and "Be Yourself".