Profile for N. Lawrence > Reviews

Shimano HG40 6,7,8 Speed Mountain Bike Chain
Shimano HG40 6,7,8 Speed Mountain Bike Chain
Offered by Y Frame Discounts Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Solved the slipping chain problem., 10 May 2013
Son's bike had an issue with the chain slipping and seemed to be down to the odd link being kinked. Put this on and it solved the issue.
The chain did need a couple of links taking out, but was easy enough fit. For a top tip, if you're doing this yourself, get a half-decent link splitter. Overall, a good value chain, especially when the local cycle shop wanted £12 for a chain and £12 to fit.

Briggs & Stratton Carburettor Diaphragm/Gasket Kit. 795083
Briggs & Stratton Carburettor Diaphragm/Gasket Kit. 795083
Offered by ISE Forest & Garden

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked a treat, 16 May 2012
My ever-reliable mower suddenly started huffing and puffing for no reason - hunting with black smoke. I suspected old fuel to begin with. On the advice of my brother, I took off the carb and gave it to him so he could blow it out with a compressed air line. However, he noticed the gasket looked a little dodgy.
I looked into it more, read the helpful reviews on Amazon, and a week later I'd fitted the new diaphragm and gasket. I'm now wizzing up and down the garden as I did before. Well done to the supplier and especially the other buyers who put on their helpful advice and instructions.

Melissa & Doug Wooden Bear Family Dress-Up Puzzle
Melissa & Doug Wooden Bear Family Dress-Up Puzzle

5.0 out of 5 stars Will be great fun, 14 Mar. 2012
I bought this for my grandson, who is 22 months. To be honest, it's a little too difficult for him at the moment, but I'm sure he will love it over the coming year.
He presently has other similar wood jigsaw-type games and can use these, so I'm sure he'll be loving this by the summer months.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Ear ear, 16 Jan. 2012
Two pairs for the price of one, and the little fellas work a treat. I've been using them for the last couple of weeks and can recommend them.

Melissa & Doug Magnetic Wooden Fishing Game with Magnetic Fishing Pole
Melissa & Doug Magnetic Wooden Fishing Game with Magnetic Fishing Pole

4.0 out of 5 stars Gone fishing, 16 Dec. 2011
This is my for my grandson for Christmas, so he's not given it a roadtest yet, but it looks sturdy and is colourful, and it should give him plenty of fun time.

Lloytron N2001SV Sports2 AM/FM Personal Radio
Lloytron N2001SV Sports2 AM/FM Personal Radio

5.0 out of 5 stars So cheap, 24 Aug. 2011
I'm not sure how they do this, but the radio is almost the same price at the batteries needed. Bargain buy, and pleased with the product.

RSPB Pocket Guide to British Birds
RSPB Pocket Guide to British Birds
by Simon Harrap

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, little book, 8 Jun. 2010
It does exactly what it says on the tin. I'm just a novice to bird-watching, and I just wanted a book that would allow me to identify any unknown bird I'd seen.
...And this book fits the "bill" perfectly. It's even cheaper than the cover price - and delivered free.
Need I say more?