Profile for sweetnight > Reviews

Content by sweetnight

sweetnight

JAMMYLIZARD G10 Purple Ultra Slim Full Body Smart Case for The New iPad 4 (with Retina Display) + iPad 3 + iPad 2 with Full Sleep Wake compatibility
Offered by Purplemoose007
Price: 17.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 5 May 2014
Arrived long before due date, well packaged. Just perfect. Jammy Lizard had been recommended to me, and is just what I wanted. The purple is a lovely colour, too

Material Obsession Two
Material Obsession Two
by Kathy Doughty & Sarah Fielke

3.0 out of 5 stars not as impressed as I hoped, 4 Mar 2014
This review is from: Material Obsession Two (Paperback)
I bought this book in May 2011, for the pattern Brighton Rock. I purchased the fabric at the same time, but have only recently got around to making the quilt. Cutting instructions for some pieces are inaccurate, and the fabric requirements are excessive. Having finished the quilt top, I have enough fabric over to make another quilt!!!!!
The authors do cover themselves by stating you should cut for one block first, to check the measurements, and I am very glad I did.
I love the quilt, but would hesitate to make any more from this book, without very carefully checking each pattern out. Certainly not one for a beginner.

Pavers 124 933 - Black Size 7 UK
Pavers 124 933 - Black Size 7 UK

1.0 out of 5 stars way too big, 22 Oct 2012
This review is from: Pavers 124 933 (Apparel)
I take a size 7, wide fitting, but these are huge. I returned them promptly, and was charged twice as much postage for returning them

Piece in the Hoop: 20 Quilted Projects and 20 Digital Embroidery Designs
Piece in the Hoop: 20 Quilted Projects and 20 Digital Embroidery Designs
by Larisa Bland
Price: 16.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 10 Jun 2012
This looks to be a really great book, with all I need to get me started.
I only have the basic software that came with my machine [Pfaff creative performance] but I can download and print out the design sheets for the included piecing and embroidery, which another reviewer said they couldn't do. With the design open in the 5D organiser, I right clicked the design, and could then print off thread types and colours, plus a plan of the fabric pieces required for each project.
All very clearly explained, and seemingly idiot proof
Looking forward to using the designs.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful buttons, 14 Mar 2012
These buttons are lovely! Delivered quickly, and in a pretty gift bag, too.
I had 5 of each design, in a variety of colours. I will use them for my knitting and sewing projects, and also in my patchwork and quilting, for bag closures etc. I'm very pleased, and would order from them again.

Cozy Cottage Quilts (Leisure Arts Quick-Method Quilts)
Cozy Cottage Quilts (Leisure Arts Quick-Method Quilts)
by Case

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for an amazing price, 12 Jan 2012
I borrowed this book from my library, and loved it, so ordered my own. It arrived within 48 hours, and is very well worth the penny it cost, plus delivery.
There are some lovely full sized quilts here, plus some smaller projects. I look forward to making some of the beautiful quilts.

501 Quilting Motifs (That Patchwork Place)
501 Quilting Motifs (That Patchwork Place)
by Quiltmaker Magazine
Edition: Hardcover-spiral
Price: 18.59

5.0 out of 5 stars super book, 2 Sep 2011
501 Quilting motifs is a super book if you are looking for inspiration in your freemotion quilting patterns. Spiral bound, so easy to photocopy the design you want. Highly recommended

Clearzal-Bac Nail Solution for Healthy Nails 30ml
Clearzal-Bac Nail Solution for Healthy Nails 30ml
Price: 12.07

5.0 out of 5 stars yes, it takes ages, but it works., 15 Feb 2011
My husband has been using this for a year now. Halfway up his toenails, you can see healthy new growth, so it's a long long job to get the nails ok again, but perseverance works. His toes did blister from using the product direct from the bottle, but we got over this by squeezing some liquid into a small clean bottle top, and applied it with a fine artists brush directly onto the nail, and under the top of the nail. Fiddly? Yes, BUT it is working, and this way the bottle lasts for ages!!