Profile for Dodster > Reviews

Content by Dodster
Top Reviewer Ranking: 930

Dodster (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Paddington [DVD] [2015]
Paddington [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Nicole Kidman

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 25 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Paddington [DVD] [2015] (DVD)
Endearing story of Paddington's origins in the deep dark forest of Peru to his arrival in London, his being named and meeting up with and being adopted by the Brown family. Nicole Kidman is fabulous as the baddy out for vengeance on our loveable bear.
Great tale that worked for all generations of my family.

The Adjustment Bureau [DVD] [2011]
The Adjustment Bureau [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Matt Damon
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Weird but very watchable, 25 Dec. 2015
I was expecting a romantic adventure when I set out to watch this. I guess that it what is I got, but in a very unexpected context. On a simple level it's two people who fall in love and determine to stay together despite everything thrown at them. On a more complex level, for the theologically minded it deals with God, predestination, free will and the role of angels in everyday life. As I say, very unexpected, but very enjoyable movie.

Town & Country Small Winter Master Gardener Gloves
Town & Country Small Winter Master Gardener Gloves

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gloves for working in the cold, 25 Dec. 2015
I was in a store buying myself a new pair of unlined master gardener gloves when I spied these. These are pretty much the same as the standard master gardener gloves except they have a thermal lining. When I first tried them I thought the lining was so thin, that it would make little or no difference. How wrong could I be! I have worked in an unheated garage and outside in the garden and in both situations my hands were lovely and warm.
Whilst you don't have the manual dexterity of being gloveless, they are pretty good. Not quite enough to perform delicate operations like opening a knife but give a good degree of 'feel' during weeding, for example. Overall, very pleased with my purchase and I will be buying again once these bite the dust.

Town & Country Large Winter Master Gardener Gloves
Town & Country Large Winter Master Gardener Gloves

kenable ADSL Broadband Modem Cable RJ11 to RJ11 WHITE 1m Short Lead
kenable ADSL Broadband Modem Cable RJ11 to RJ11 WHITE 1m Short Lead
Offered by kenable_ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 24 Dec. 2015
The broadband where I live sucks. So to try to improve it I wanted to run a shorter cable between the phone line and the router. The price for this was way less than many others, so I thought I would give it a go. Unfortunately, the broadband speed hasn't improved, but neither has it got worse.
Back to the drawing board!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking album and great value, 24 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Greatest Jazz Divas (Audio CD)
3 CD's, 72 tracks of some of the best jazz divas doing their stuff. What I particularly like about it, is there are some unfamiliar tracks and some of the more familiar tracks are not sung by singers strongly associated with them. The CD's come packaged like mini vinyl discs, a nice touch and there is, albeit brief bios, of some of the better know singers detailing their struggles in life with addiction, racism and sexism.

Warrior Reds Blackcurrant Shake
Warrior Reds Blackcurrant Shake
Offered by Supplements That Work!

2.0 out of 5 stars If I could force myself to take it I am sure it might do some good!, 23 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Despite the health benefits...I am sure if one could manage to stomach it for long enough it would help you feel great...I could not face taking it daily for any period of time. It does not seem to dissolve properly, and the taste is very unpleasant. Hard to describe really. You can taste the blackcurrant but is not a pleasant taste...perhaps it is the Stevia, I know it is natural, but it tastes like really cheap nasty blackcurrant squash but powdery and it keeps coming back on you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent spy thriller, 22 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Act of Vengeance (Kindle Edition)
Like most here, Michael Jecks comes recommended through the Knights Templar mysteries. Having enjoyed those, I was interested to see how he would handle a modern spy mystery. He doesn't disappoint. Very well written, exciting page turner, with a provocative questioning of rendition and security services methodology. My only disappointment was the ending which compared to the rest of the book, I thought was slightly weak.

Igenix IG740R Cordless Pyramid Kettle, 1.8 L, 3000 W - Red
Igenix IG740R Cordless Pyramid Kettle, 1.8 L, 3000 W - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart looking and does the job, 20 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What's not to love. It's a smart looking kettle. The finish is lovely and looks like good quality. It is easy to fill and see how much water is in. At full capacity 1.8 litres from cold, it takes 4.45 minutes to the moment it auto switches off. To boil the minimum 0.8 litres it took 2.25 minutes.
It has a comfortable handle, and the pouring spout although looks rather diminutive does the job fine and pours neatly and accurately enough to fill a hot water bottle. Delighted with it. Good sized kettle for when I have visitors. When it is just me, I use a one cup machine instead.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20