Profile for Dodster > Reviews

Content by Dodster
Top Reviewer Ranking: 474

Dodster (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
by Baldacci. David

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 20 April 2014
Got into King and Maxwell after watching a couple of episodes on TV. I saw this book at a great price on Kindle and took the plunge.
Very glad I did it is a great read. Very different from the TV series, as one might expect, but just as entertaining.
Our leading characters both worked for the secret service. Both failed to protect their charges and although the events happened several years apart, this connection brings them together.
The chapters are quite short and the writing style makes it an easy read, although as the book progresses, the plot becomes more involved and the characters more numerous. Real page turner. I found it hard to put down once I got started. The story keeps you guessing right to the end as a good murder mystery should.
Recommended.
Split Second (King & Maxwell 1) by Baldacci. David ( 2010 ) Paperback

Dandy Annual 2014 (Annuals 2014)
Dandy Annual 2014 (Annuals 2014)

5.0 out of 5 stars It's the Dandy!, 18 April 2014
Since DC Thompson stopped the Dandy comic, I didn't think they still produced the annual. Amazingly, and to my surprise and pleasure they do. Bought it as a surprise for my 8 year old daughter, but have been enjoying the familiar characters from my own childhood. Desperate Dan, Korky the cat, the Bash street kids. Timeless and wonderful. Great the younger generation are getting to enjoy these characters too. Dandy Annual 2014 (Annuals 2014)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 17, 2014 1:15 PM BST

Vax C89-P6-B Power 6  Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner
Vax C89-P6-B Power 6 Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, but is it a Dyson?, 14 April 2014
The industry standard everyone compares it to is a Dyson. Is it a Dyson? It certainly is not. But it is replacing a Dyson. The suction is good, but having covered the same areas of my house, the volume of dust in the cylinder is much less.
However, it is around £200 cheaper than a Dyson, and if I had not had one, I would be satisfied with the perfomance of the Vax.
It's also much lighter and easier to use. The tools that come with it I think are more versatile and easier to put on and take of than my previous machine.
The downside. Although it's a compact machine, with the pipe and tools, it's less easy to store. Just a minor point.
Overall, very satisfied with the machine and consider it excellent value for money.
Vax C89-P6-B Power 6 Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner

Death in Paradise - Series 1 [DVD] [2011]
Death in Paradise - Series 1 [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Ben Miller

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this, 8 April 2014
Every so often a TV series comes along that ticks all the boxes. This is one of them. It just depends what your boxes are.
Set in the beautiful Caribbean island Saint-Marie (really Guadeloupe), this is a gentle murder mystery (if that isn't a contradiction in terms) interspersed beautiful scenery and wonderful humour. The chemistry between the two leads Ben Miller as DI Richard Poole, who hates all things hot and Caribbean, and Sarah Martin as DS Camille Bordey, French and the antithesis ofl Poole, is superb.
I could watch these over and over again...and probably will. Highly recommended.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 4, 2014 11:05 PM BST

Maypole 003 Square Combination Lamp
Maypole 003 Square Combination Lamp

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value but..., 8 April 2014
You do get what you pay for. Compared with the original fitting it replaced, this was flimsy and not very well put together. Unlike other reviewers, my package came with no wiring instructions. This did not prove too difficult since the old light fitting was there as a model. It is fiddly. Bits come apart very easily. It is now in place and working. It was this for £5, or £9 for similar down at Halfords. Next time I might have a look at the quality of the competition before I buy. Delivery was very quick. Overall - satisfied but not delighted!

Veet Warm Wax Microwavable Jar - Essential Oils - 250 ml
Veet Warm Wax Microwavable Jar - Essential Oils - 250 ml

2.0 out of 5 stars Not much good for dark hairs, 19 Mar. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A bit disappointed with this type of wax. I found it didn't have enough of a grip to pull out anything other than fine hairs. So if that's all you have , you'll probably be happy with it, but it didn't really work for me.

Dear Jelly: Family Letters from the First World War (One Shot)
Dear Jelly: Family Letters from the First World War (One Shot)
by Sarah Ridley

4.0 out of 5 stars Brings the war home in a way other books do not, 19 Mar. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book is a very moving. It gives one a real feel for what it was like back then. The humour shows how even in situations like war, humankind can use a sense of humour to keep going. This is a valuable teaching book for all children to read. It is easy to forget that this went on not so very long ago, and it is good to be reminded - as an adult too.

Mobilizers: High Speed 7 Ports USB 2.0 HUB With 7 Power Switches And Led Lights For Laptop / Notebook / PC / Computer / Tablets - BLACK
Offered by FOME

5.0 out of 5 stars Working really well, 19 Mar. 2014
I had my doubts about ordering this usb hub. Reading the reviews it seemed a bit hit and miss. However, I took the plunge and I am very glad I did. The ports at the back of my pc are full, and I needed to connect a usb mouse. The old one worked off a serial port. It was either take something out and then be fiddling at the back when I needed it again, or buy an extension.
Currently I have the mouse, a printer and a scanner connected through the hub. All are working well. The hub is a bit lightweight and time will tell its longevity, but as far as speedy delivery and value for money are concerned, this is an excellent purchase.
Currently, I would recommend this usb hub.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking pens, cracking price!, 19 Mar. 2014
Lovely colour range of pens and very versatile. Can be used on fabric, shrink plastic and so much more. Great addition for crafters or just general use. My little girl would love to get hands on them! Highly recommended.

Veet Face Precision Wax and Care Cream 10 ml
Veet Face Precision Wax and Care Cream 10 ml

1.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a sticky mess, 11 Mar. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Seems like an excellent idea in a nicely packaged neat little packet. Reality was, it didn't remove many hairs and no matter how many times I reapplied, it left the hairs behind. It maybe got rid of one or two finer hairs. I have used home wax before so am not inexperienced. I was very disappointed as this would have been a nice easy solution. Rather sticky, but stayed too soft to get a good grip.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20