Profile for Dodster > Reviews

Content by Dodster
Top Reviewer Ranking: 524

Dodster (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
206 Bones: (Temperance Brennan 12)
206 Bones: (Temperance Brennan 12)
by Kathy Reichs

4.0 out of 5 stars Different from the tv series, 22 Nov. 2014
This was my second dip into 'Bones the books'. It's very different from the TV series, which I love. First time around the differences were so great that I gave up. This time I persevered and tried to read the book as an original read. I enjoyed the book. The characters while different, are well developed, and the storyline is great. Enough twists and turns to keep the reader interested to the end.
What I found difficult was it being set in Montreal with frequent lapses into French. I also found Kathy Reich's forensic knowledge to to be a bit intrusive, over the top and unnecessary at times. That said, it may be another story might be different.
For all the criticism, I did enjoy the book and will read others in the series.

Me to You Tiny Tatty Teddy Gift Set for a New Baby
Me to You Tiny Tatty Teddy Gift Set for a New Baby

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality set, 17 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The items in this set are well made and of nice quality.A couple of things to note though. The gift certificate box that is part of the set is pretty pointless. I don't know anyone who would want to roll up a birth certificate and keep it in a cardboard box. It's too important a document for that really. Also the tiny teddy comes with a pale pink overshirt which I guess you could remove, but it does make it a bit girly if you were thinking of buying this for a baby boy. As a set it would make a nice gift for a newborn though.

Finding Normal (DVD)
Finding Normal (DVD)
Offered by Fulfillment Express

4.0 out of 5 stars Movie with good family values, 16 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Finding Normal (DVD) (DVD)
No swearing, no violence, no car chases, no sex. Instead a very nice movie, set in small town America, that you would be happy to watch with any family member.
The description above very adequately describes the movie plot, so I won't. It is well acted and the story holds up quite well.
The ending is a bit predictable and there are religious undertones to the movie. The doctor prays for his replacement. Dr. Lisa Leland ( Candace Cameron Bure) is asked to pray with her patients. So long as you don't mind that, then the movie is very appealing, quite humorous and very watch able.Finding Normal (DVD)

Trebs Comfortice Duo Ice Cream Maker
Trebs Comfortice Duo Ice Cream Maker

3.0 out of 5 stars A little dissapointing, 12 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The feel and quality of this ice cream maker is nice and I was optimistic of the results I would achieve, however, I got this with the idea of making frozen yoghurt, and I found that the funnels with which to pour in your ingredients were designed in such a way that I had to really thin down my yoghurt to be runny enough to pour through the funnels. Even then it only dripped through a little at a time. This then meant my finished ice cream was more like the texture of thick custard as opposed to frozen yoghurt. I gave it the time suggested but this wasn't long enough, so I gave it 5 minutes more, I think after that time the cups begin to thaw out a little and so they aren't at optimum freezing temperature any more. Perhaps if you are working with full fat cream you will have a better result. It is a nice concept - being able to make two flavours at once, but in reality, I didn't find it worked as well as I had hoped.

Mitre Eccita V12 Ball - White/Purp/Blk/Fifa Ins - 5
Mitre Eccita V12 Ball - White/Purp/Blk/Fifa Ins - 5

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality football, 11 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Excellent football. Have only used it in an outdoor grass situation, where it performed as you would expect from a quality ball. The blurb claims it could be used on astro turf as well and although I haven't tried it on such a surface, I think it would perform excellently there too.
It inflated very easily. I used a foot pump with an inflator needle. Liked the colour scheme too. It would make a good present if you didn't know someone's football allegiance. I don't know of many teams that play in purple, black and orange!
If your in the market for a good quality football, you could do a lot worse than this. Good value too! Recommended.
Mitre Eccita V12 FIFA Inspected Match Ball

Holidaze
Holidaze
Dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice family movie, 6 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Holidaze (Amazon Instant Video)
I watched this because of the parallel universe hype. However, it's not at all like I expected. Jeni Garth plays a high powered business exec, Melody,whose company is building a mega store in her home town against the wishes of the town. In said town is the ex love of her life (Cameron Mathison) whom she left to pursue her career ambitions.
She returns to finalise the stores opening. She falls and is knocked unconscious. Melody awakes to transformed life, where she is married to her ex, and runs an organic cafe. In her new life she ends up taking on the same company, this time on the side of the townspeople.
The movie was a bit slow to start, but by the end had drawn me in and had enough twists and turns to make it entertaining. It is very 'American' and set around Thanksgiving time, but that said, we watch a lot of Christmas movies that are very 'American'. If you like this genre or are looking for a watchable family oriented film, you could do a lot worse than this.

Maped White'Peps White Pencils / Chalk x3 For Black Boards Ref 731310
Maped White'Peps White Pencils / Chalk x3 For Black Boards Ref 731310
Offered by SBS CONSUMABLES

1.0 out of 5 stars completely useless. They hardly show up at all, 5 Nov. 2014
bought these for writing on chalkboard labels. Have to say...completely useless. They hardly show up at all. Don't know what they are supposed to be good for ! Bit of a waste of money!

I Am Number Four [DVD]
I Am Number Four [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alex Pettyfer

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 3 Nov. 2014
This review is from: I Am Number Four [DVD] (DVD)
Wasn't sure I would like this when I started watching, but in the end, along with many other watchers, I would love a sequel.
Aliens have landed on earth and are amongst us. They're the good guys. There are bad aliens, the Mogs, after them. The good guys are hiding and have protectors with them from the planet, but the bad guys know how to find them and are set on finishing the job...
throw in a bit of romance and you have a pretty good movie. Not original, but very well scripted, well produced and very exciting in parts. Some nice unexpected twists and turns too... well worth a watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent bit of kit for the kitchen, 3 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I didn't realize how much I needed a good set of knives until I'd got these. I chucked out all my other knives I had once thought fine. They slice through food with ease. The bread knife went through a crusty loaf with no problems cutting nice even slices. The paring knife is probably the one I use most and it great to use . Even the pizza cutter has been replaced.
The knives have comfortable smooth handles to hold. The knife block is solid and heavy so no chance of it being knocked over. I'm absolutely delighted with them.

Philips Shaver Series 9000, Wet and Dry Shaver with SmartClean S9031/26
Philips Shaver Series 9000, Wet and Dry Shaver with SmartClean S9031/26

4.0 out of 5 stars Great shave, but at a price, 22 Oct. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First impressions were good. Good packaging and a great looking device. The two attachments perform very well. The 3 headed shaving attachment bevels nicely around the contours of your face and produces a clean and smooth finish. Takes a bit of getting used too however if you haven't used one before. The other attachment also performs well. Great for squaring side burns and shaving the back if your neck.
The cleaning pod is a cool feature and does it's job well however it is quite loud.
Overall a very good product from Phillips but not worth it's price tag.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20