Profile for Dodster > Reviews

Content by Dodster
Top Reviewer Ranking: 584

Dodster (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Death in Paradise - Series 4 [DVD] [2015]
Death in Paradise - Series 4 [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Kris Marshall

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant light hearted crime drama, 14 April 2015
Having watched the first three series, survived the lead character change (I actually think Kris Marshall is brilliant in the role of DI Goodman) I was very concerned when Camille left half way through the series. Would it survive another major character change. Glad to say the answer is yes! Florence is a brilliant replacement, and the addition of JP as a sidekick for Dwayne brings another dimension. So glad there will be a series 5.
Brilliant light hearted crime drama.

Tefal Intensium 28 cm Stirfry
Tefal Intensium 28 cm Stirfry

5.0 out of 5 stars Need a pan, buy this!, 14 April 2015
Best general purpose pan I have ever had. Nothing sticks to this. I use it on a daily basis. Had it for about a year now and the internal surface has a few scratches and scrapes, but it cooks and cleans like new. Brilliant.

BISSELL Multi-Reach 2-in-1 Light Weight Cordless Vacuum with 18 V Lithium-Ion 90 W - Orange

4.0 out of 5 stars Clever design but..., 13 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really like the design of this machine. It's clever and functional. The vacuum sits on a stand that also serves as the charging base. It easily comes apart so that there is a handy hand vacuum if needed, and the additional tools are stored neatly on the base. The folding handle is also great for getting those difficult inaccessible places that other vacuums might not manage. It's also incredibly light weight so good for people with dodgy backs or who struggle with heavier machines.
There is the option to switch the brushes off and the suction is also variable. The cleaning suction is good, but not in the same category as a powered vacuum. It's neat, tidy and very functional. However, I don't think it's a 'front line' machine. Which brings me to my negative point. £200 for a back up cleaner? Unless I had no other option, I would go for something mains powered.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Clever design, brilliant machine!, 13 April 2015
I've had an old dc 3 for years. It was great. However, this new is one a big step up. The design is super intelligent. Everything about it just works really well. The hose attachment is released with a flick of cover and a light pull. Previously, it was push a button, pull, push another button.
The additional tools are contained in a simple one stop design. Big improvement.
The ball makes it so much easier to maneuver compared with the wheels. Then there's the cleaning suction. Nothing on the market compares. We have an additional two vacuums but when a job needs done, out comes the Dyson. Brilliant machine.
Only downside might be the weight, if you have to lug it up stairs. Otherwise highly recommended.

Covert Affairs - Season 1 [DVD]
Covert Affairs - Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Piper Perabo
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent light spy drama, 10 April 2015
Excellent spy drama with very engaging characters. Easy to watch but as with most modern spy dramas, the story lines have to be taken with a pinch of salt.

EE Buzzard 2 Car Wi-Fi with 24GB PAYG 4GEE Data
EE Buzzard 2 Car Wi-Fi with 24GB PAYG 4GEE Data

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but who is it aimed at??, 5 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Contrary to some reviewers, I found getting registered and connected fairly straight forward. Within 5 minutes I was up and runnning. Watched a bit of Netflix and did some surfing. It's a nice concept, having your own wi-fi 'bubble' for the car, but who would use it?
Most phones come with their own data allowance, so for most folks, unless you want to use a wi-fi tablet in the car, it's pretty irrelevant. If you have younger kids who don't have their own phones, I can see the attraction if you were travelling. Further, the engine has to be running for the wi-fi to work. Bit of a nuisance, but I suppose it is to prevent accidentally leaving the wi-fi switched on. A bit wasteful on fuel if you are parked somewhere. However, so many places have free wi-fi, would you stay in the car to use it, or go to a cafe with free wi-fi?
It terms of connection, it's good. If there is a signal, it connects fine and there was no buffering. However, where I live, there are some signal black spots and as you might expect, the connection was lost, although it did connect quickly once I travelled back into a signalled area.
So overall, a nice bit of kit, but not cheap. And for the money how often would you use it??

Philips GC7635/30 PerfectCare Pure Steam Generator Iron - One Perfect Temperature, 240 g Pressurised Steam Boost
Offered by PANDY

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually cut my ironing time in half!, 30 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Well...I was a skeptic when I read the jargon on the packaging. "Cuts ironing time in half". I thought..yeah...sure ! But...I am delighted to report that it actually did. You run the iron over your fabric once...and it's done. I have tried polycotton shirts, pure cotton, hard to iron sheets, rayon, denim and more, and none of these required much of an effort to smooth out. If you run this on ECO mode, it does require a little more effort, but the water tank will not require filling as often. I did find after about 3 shirts and three pillowcases on the full setting the tank was about half empty.

First time using this you take a short while to get used to the noises...not terribly noisy...just different from a regular iron. Bear with it, as it is worth it. With all the steam that is generated, you do require extra wadding on your ironing board as mine was dripping through the board (which is perforated)

One thing I should mention that although you do not have the repetitive strain of having to stand the iron up each time you place it on the board, the actual handset is heavier than my regular iron, and my mum who has arthritis in her hands gave it a shot and found it too heavy for her.

I have gone from loathing ironing to currently finding it quite pleasurable. (Although I am sure the novelty will wear off in time)

Scholl Active Everyday Gel Insoles for Men
Scholl Active Everyday Gel Insoles for Men

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable insole, 23 Mar. 2015
Very comfortable.
I swapped out my molded insoles and replaced them with these gel insoles. My expectations weren't very high, because I find my shoes very comfortable. However, I have been pleasantly surprised. I am on my feet my most of the day, and using these insoles my feet feel less tired at the end of the day. I will be using them in as many shoes as I can get the insoles out of!
Recommended item.

SanDisk Cruzer Blade 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (SDCZ50-016G-B35)
SanDisk Cruzer Blade 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (SDCZ50-016G-B35)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and worked well, 23 Mar. 2015
Breeze to use. Cannot comment on the longevity because I used it as a windows recovery drive. I won't be using it again until I need it. Hopefully not soon! It's very small so I would recommend adding a lanyard and a bauble so it doesn't easily get misplaced.

Panasonic ALL8 Wireless Speaker System (Black)
Panasonic ALL8 Wireless Speaker System (Black)

4.0 out of 5 stars Hassle to set up properly, but good once it's going..., 21 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
After a lot of faffing around and some good advice from the Amazon community, I finally go this speaker to connect so that it wasn't using the wi-fi connection on the tablet. Thank you to those who helped.
It gives a great room filling sound, but there is no equalizer so each genre is given the same default arrangement.
To play music an app has to be downloaded onto the tablet or phone. Again straight forward and the app itself is fairly intuitive to use.
Spotify and other radio can be streamed through the app.
Unfortunately there's no blue tooth. It would have been nice to play Netflix or Prime through the speaker. Maybe that's something that can be added in time.
So overall, pleased with the sound and ease of use once set up. Having blue tooth would have taken it from a good speaker to a great speaker.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20