Profile for Jane M. Cox > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
The Two of Us
The Two of Us

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 1 Jun. 2015
This review is from: The Two of Us (Kindle Edition)
Andy Jones writes in a style I really like, ie young, relaxed and honest. I read this book in three goes, didn't want it to end and am now searching for something as good as this was. Well done Andy, you wrote a good story with great skill and empathy.

The Unravelling (Kindle Single)
The Unravelling (Kindle Single)

4.0 out of 5 stars A really good read., 3 Nov. 2014
Hugely enjoyable, I laughed out loud at this trendy but bumbling private detective's antics. I loved the writing style, very laid back humour and immediately wanted to read another book by the same author. Great stuff.

The Rosie Project: Don Tillman 1 (Don Tillman Series)
The Rosie Project: Don Tillman 1 (Don Tillman Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyable read., 7 Jun. 2014
An immensely enjoyable read, I loved it, very funny in places and gave great insight. I really liked this one.

Gone Girl
Gone Girl

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but could have been great., 14 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Gone Girl (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyed this book but throw- away ending a bit of an anti-climax. Frustrating manipulation of the evidence and ensuing investigation could have had much more depth and would have felt more sinister.

Captain Phillips [DVD] [2013]
Captain Phillips [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Tom Hanks

4.0 out of 5 stars Exciting, tense, great acting., 14 Mar. 2014
Good film, tense but not over dramatic, good value night in with a takeaway as this film still showing at our local cinema.

Just Me
Just Me

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me., 26 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Just Me (Kindle Edition)
I think I was hoping for something different in this book so was disappointed at the large amount of it dedicated to Sheila's wartime memories. I definitely felt she was rambling a bit so skip read the bits I found harrowing. I enjoyed reading how she has started to rebuild her life after losing her husband and drew some encouragement myself from her positive 'get on with it' attitude, but I had the distinct impression that this was a book that was written for her sake rather than mine, the reader.

Dusty: The Very Best Of Dusty Springfield
Dusty: The Very Best Of Dusty Springfield

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Dusty, 30 May 2013
This is the first Dusty Springfield CD I've ever bought so can't compare it with all of her others. Suffice it to say, I love it. Her voice is so superb and the tracks so familiar, it fills a Dusty sized gap in my music collection.

No Way Back: Part 1 of 3
No Way Back: Part 1 of 3

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't realise it was part 1 (doh), 30 May 2013
Was just getting into this when the sample ended, much to my annoyance as I hadn't realised it was part one only. May get round to ordering the rest at some point.

Tigi Bed Head Hard To Get Texturising Paste 42g
Tigi Bed Head Hard To Get Texturising Paste 42g

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff., 30 May 2013
Non-greasy texturising fairly stiff gel, put some (less than a pea-sized blob) in the palm of your hand and rub hands together, work through your hair that way and you won't get any concentrated dollops. Separates, texturises, volumises my short choppy hair style a treat.

Goldwell Dual Senses Colour Shampoo 250ml
Goldwell Dual Senses Colour Shampoo 250ml
Offered by Hair Products Online Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 30 May 2013
Very nice rich shampoo which tames my frizzy hair and highlights my colours. A good product but watch out for the varying prices!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7