Profile for Claire Gittins > Reviews

Claire Gittins

Russell Hobbs 18036 Breadmaker with Fast-Bake Function - White
Russell Hobbs 18036 Breadmaker with Fast-Bake Function - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Great machine, 6 Jun. 2015
We have made lots of bread in our machine and it's great! Simple to use, basic recipes included in the book. The machine itself is not too big which is a plus. I'd recommend this as a way to eat bread that you know what is in it!

15pcs Sewing Machine Foot Feet For BROTHER,BABYLOCK,JANOME,ELNA,KENMORE
15pcs Sewing Machine Foot Feet For BROTHER,BABYLOCK,JANOME,ELNA,KENMORE
Offered by AOLVO.UM (ship from HongKong)

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots for your money, 6 Jun. 2015
You get a lot for your money but I am dissapointed the walking foot doesn't fit my Brother machine very well. It sort of fits on but doesn't run smoothly at all. I bought the set for the walking foot in particular. I think I'll have to pay the premium price for an original Brother one.

Vintage Knits
Vintage Knits
by DALLAS SARAH

5.0 out of 5 stars Good collection of patterns, 6 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Vintage Knits (Paperback)
I would happily knit most of the patterns in this book. Vintage patterns made modern with different sizes. I haven't started any yet but there are more items added to my 'to do' list.

Happy Birthday (Coloured Balloons) - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Voucher
Happy Birthday (Coloured Balloons) - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Voucher

5.0 out of 5 stars easy, 27 April 2015
Brilliant way to send a gift, especially to someone you can't see in person as you can email the voucher.

Famous Frocks: The Little Black Dress: Patterns for 20 Garments Inspired by Fashion Icons
by Dolin Bliss O'Shea

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 27 April 2015
I treated myself to this book after reading good reviews. I'm happy I did. I can see myself making nearly all the dresses. I haven't made one yet but have more projects in my 'to do' list! I consider this book value for money for all the patterns alone.

Knit Vintage: More than 20 patterns for starlet sweaters & other knitwear from the 1930s, 1940s & 1950s
by Madeline Weston

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely patterns, 25 Mar. 2013
There are some really lovely patterns in this book with a true vintage feel but that won't look out of place now. There are several that I plan to knit and I've actually started the 'Wallis' cardigan. I'm so excited to finish it as it's looking good. However, I'm finding the instructions leave a little to be desired! Thankfully I'm quite an experienced knitter so am able to work out the bits and measurements that are missing!
All in all though I love this book and I'm hoping that it's only the 'Wallis' pattern that I find problems with.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 14, 2014 8:35 AM BST