Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "sfpapp" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Prometheus (Blu-ray + Digital Copy) [Region Free]
Prometheus (Blu-ray + Digital Copy) [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Noomi Rapace

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't knock this movie please!, 8 Oct. 2012
I went to see this movie in the cinema because this is where a Ridley Scott movie should be viewed. Before I saw this movie one thing that struck me is that the trailers where perhaps too detailed and revealing. There was too much hype for this movie and this had a counter productive result on how people viewed it.

Anyway I watched this movie and was glued to the screen. I was not bored in anyway and thoroughly enjoyed it. Because the plot contains some interesting questions left unanswered this was something I actually appreciated. I was so absolutely sick and tired of the Alien movie fanatics just side swiping this movie. The Alien story is the past but one cannot ignore the links with this movie.

Mark Kermode enjoyed this movie and coming from someone who is my favourite movie critic I am happy with that. In essence people do not get the movie because they do not see the bigger picture and deeper meaning.

Don't knock this movie please! Don't knock this movie please! Don't knock this movie please!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 10, 2012 2:52 PM BST

Ceremonials
Ceremonials
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Album!, 7 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Ceremonials (Audio CD)
This albums has tunes that play in my head and suit the moods of me, sad, happy indifferent etc. I think she has expanded her vocal range and I feel that it is better than Lungs which I am not that keen on. The lyrics are barmy as hell but I like the quirkiness of them. This is a refreshing change from the dross out there since coldplays new album is mediocre and this stands above it. Recommended!

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds
Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking album from Noel!, 28 Oct. 2011
This is an album that really grows on you and will be another classic that folk will return to. Its well crafted and every track stands out. Well rounded and good listening. Recommended!

The Great Escape Artist
The Great Escape Artist

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a good album!, 19 Oct. 2011
This review is from: The Great Escape Artist (Audio CD)
Jane's Addiction to me are back on form. Its a blend of music that works like their previous albums but is still new. Its the background music to my everyday life. Recommended!

Wallander - Before the Frost ( Wallander - Innan frosten ) [DVD][2007]
Wallander - Before the Frost ( Wallander - Innan frosten ) [DVD][2007]
Dvd ~ Krister Henriksson
Offered by DaaVeeDee-uk

3.0 out of 5 stars Beg to differ., 4 Mar. 2010
I used to watch the original Wallander and to be honest I was never hooked in by the lead character. Not taking anything from the lead character but he is so damn quiet and mild mannered which irritated me. You look at Morse who is a tortured soul and you see compelling acting, thats what I want to see. Sorry but Kenneth Branagh has used his brilliant acting skills to bring more emotion to this human being called Kurt Wallander. Please don't knock the BBC series, its amazing and I hope for more soon!

Wallander - Series 1 & 2 Box Set [DVD]
Wallander - Series 1 & 2 Box Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Warner

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 3 Mar. 2010
I used to watch the original Wallander on the BBC and I found it good enough to watch. But when I started to watch the new series of Wallander which I had not seen before with Kenneth Branagh I was blown away. He is brilliant in this and the supporting cast are amazing. The vistas of Sweden and the dark undercurrent that permeates it pull you in and it is escapism in a way. The stories have excellent plots and Branagh's tortured soul brings much to the depth of story. I hope more Wallanders are made by the BBC. I found the original Wallander played by a Swedish actor (obviously) to quiet spoken and flat without the demons that Branagh plays out. Also Kurt's ringtone is cool as well. Recommended!

Wallander - Series 2 [DVD]
Wallander - Series 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kenneth Branagh

5.0 out of 5 stars Very compelling, well acted, brilliant!, 3 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Wallander - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)

The Climb
The Climb

1.0 out of 5 stars Could be better., 17 Dec. 2009
This review is from: The Climb (Audio CD)
I think the song does him no justice. He has a great voice but he should be given better songs to emphasise his voice. If its all like this from here on then he could be a one hit wonder.

Watchmen (2-Disc) [Blu-ray] [2009]
Watchmen (2-Disc) [Blu-ray] [2009]
Dvd ~ Carla Gugino
Offered by Cheap-As-Chips

2.0 out of 5 stars Hard Work!, 4 Aug. 2009
This film does some justice to the average comic book guy but not me. I found it long in duration and wondered where the story was going at times. Maybe it will be a film I will return to but I would not recommend it. My head is still messed up after it.

Apollo 11 Manual: An Insight into the Hardware from the First Manned Mission to Land on the Moon
by Christopher Riley

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 15 July 2009
When I heard that Haynes where going to publish this book I was excited. The book is an absorbing read and has the technical details that fascinate and make you think about how they overcame technical challenges using mostly slide rules, pencils and paper. The reviewers who poorly review it seem to be missing the bigger picture because this book is straight to the point and well taught out. Why split hairs over some technical innacuracy. I hope Haynes do more books on such technology because I will be interested.

Page: 1 | 2