Profile for Mr. M. J. Newby > Reviews

5 x 8pcs Alto/tenor Sax Clarinet Mouthpiece Patches Pads Cushions Black
5 x 8pcs Alto/tenor Sax Clarinet Mouthpiece Patches Pads Cushions Black
Offered by lotmusic_sz

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit hit and miss, 29 May 2014
Some of them will last for three or four gigs, but I've found myself having to replace some patches multiple times during a gig. 40 of these patches will probably last as long as 8 of the more expensive ones if my experience so far is anything to go by.

LINDY Computer Technician Precision Torx Set
LINDY Computer Technician Precision Torx Set
Offered by RMXdirect-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Not small enough!, 16 Feb 2012
The product is great, don't get me wrong, but I was looking for a set that would be small enough to use on Hard Drive screws. What I need, it seems, is a T5 size. Annoying, but it's my own fault for not researching properly. I just thought I post this as a warning to anyone like me who sees "computer technician set" and assumes it'll be really small drivers.

Special offer on SC-1107 Suvorna ador blackhead cleaner / remover & comedone extractor with lancet comes with free carrying pouch. Perfect present / gift for your loved ones

5.0 out of 5 stars Be careful!, 24 Jun 2011
This is a great product, you just need to know how to use it properly.

Before use, I always wash my face and hands thoroughly with soap and water, then hold a very hot flannel against the area I want to use the tool on to open up the pores. Then I use the circular end of the tool on the affected area, periodically running it under the hot tap. For blackheads which are deeper, the lance end can be useful, but be very careful and don't use it if your hand shakes - it take a very steady hand not to cut the sides of the pore. When you're done, wash your face again with soap and water, then rinse with fresh water. Make sure you don't put anything on the pores that you've been working on, like moisturiser or any astringent like distilled witch hazel, because this can cause the skin to flare up and break out in nasty red patches that will last for a good while.

The product itself is very well made, by the way, and the pouch is nice. I recommend this design over the loop-ended ones available on here.

Targus AWE55EU Laptop Cooling Pad 2 fans laptop cooler fits 15"-17"
Targus AWE55EU Laptop Cooling Pad 2 fans laptop cooler fits 15"-17"

2.0 out of 5 stars Lasted 7 months., 19 May 2011
Not a great product, if I'm honest.

The thing itself is very bulky, so I wouldn't recommend this if you need to travel with it.

I got this in May and the USB cable started to fail in October and gave up completely in December.

Did the job well while it lasted, I suppose.

Mad Love [DVD] [1995]
Mad Love [DVD] [1995]
Dvd ~ Chris O'Donnell

3.0 out of 5 stars If you don't like botched portrayals of mental illness and punk rock, this might not be for you., 22 Jan 2011
This review is from: Mad Love [DVD] [1995] (DVD)
This is an ok film. Drew Barrymore is great, it's just a shame about the rest of the cast. It would've been nice if the writer had made up their mind what mental illness she is suffering from though; the parents say she has clinical depression, but she displays all the symptoms of Bipolar Disorder and a few that make it look like Schizophrenia. I also found the ending a bit too saccharine for my taste and I hated the soundtrack, but it was an entertaining enough film.

Sony MDR-V150 Headphones with Reversible Housing for DJ Monitoring
Sony MDR-V150 Headphones with Reversible Housing for DJ Monitoring
Offered by Beatcontrol

4.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended for general listening!, 6 Jan 2011
These are great for use as monitors (I use them with my loop station) but are terrible for listening to music generally. The sound is very bass driven, presumably to make it easier to hear the beat over the surrounding noise, with very little accentuation of the high-end. This, combined with the semi-soundproof cusioning around the edges, makes them great for monitoring, but not for general listening.

Belkin F8T016NG Mini Bluetooth Adapter - Windows XP and earlier not Windows 7 or later
Offered by Branded and New

5.0 out of 5 stars Very robust,, 4 Feb 2009
Brilliant. Does the job perfectly. Mine was run over by a car and it still works :)

Bill Hicks: Totally Bill Hicks - It's Just A Ride/Revelations [DVD]
Bill Hicks: Totally Bill Hicks - It's Just A Ride/Revelations [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bill Hicks

3.0 out of 5 stars Good introduction, 24 May 2008
I'd recommend that if you buy this you watch the gig half first, then the documentary. The documentary just takes interviews and intersperses them with sections from the performance so when you get to the performance you've already heard all the punchlines. In other words: Don't hit 'Play All'

Personally I thought the Goat Boy thing just awful.

Astral Weeks
Astral Weeks

1.0 out of 5 stars In theory I should love this, 3 April 2008
This review is from: Astral Weeks (Audio CD)
But I don't. It sounds like this music was made in the back of a van (no pun intended) by a bunch of drunks. It rambles all over the place and never gets anywhere for me.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 29, 2008 1:23 PM GMT

Punch
Punch
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great album from Chris Thile, 1 April 2008
This review is from: Punch (Audio CD)
This is one of those albums that stays in your CD player for weeks after you buy it. The structure of the four part "Blind Leaving the Blind" is astounding. The whole album feels like it will never stop moving - the songs melt into each other. I can't describe it! If you liked his Nickel Creek stuff and his other albums like "Deceiver" and "Not All Who Wander Are Lost" you'll love this :) If you've never heard him before start perhaps with Nickel Creek's "Why should the Fire Die?"

Cracking stuff :)Buy it and support one of the greatest living artists of our time!