Profile for cooking mama > Reviews

My First Knitting Book: Learn To Knit: Kids
by Alison McNicol
Price: 6.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Kids knitting book, 28 Nov 2012
I just purchased this for my 11 year old daughter for christmas, and after having a quick flick through it i am so happy that there is finally a book that is straightforward and easy to follow, and has projects in it that i can actually see her finishing! It even makes me want to pick up my needles and start again - its bright, colourful, the format is simple and doesn't feel overwhelming. Highly recommend for any kids who are starting to show an interest in knitting.

The 5:2 Diet - Eat Whatever You Want 5 Days a Week!: How to Lose Weight, Get Skinny and Live Longer by Fasting Just 2 Days a Week!
by James Drummond

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!, 28 Nov 2012
At last, a diet I can actually see myself sticking to ! At first I thought that a fasting diet would mean eating nothing, or just soups or shakes, all day. But to discover that actually I can have 500 calories of real food, and that it's only for 1 day at a time, actually makes it seem like a bit of a luxury. It's been surprisingly easy to eat a lovely meal each evening ( and a small snack around lunchtime) so I actually haven't felt deprived at all. And I actually tend to eat less the next day after a fast, which was surprising. I feel lighter all round and have a lot more energy, so I'm really looking forward to keeping on this diet for once !