Profile for hostelgirl > Reviews

Who Cooked Adam Smith's Dinner?: A Story About Women and Economics
Who Cooked Adam Smith's Dinner?: A Story About Women and Economics
by Katrine Marcal

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Aug. 2015
Love this book. Very thought provoking. Recommend.

Piccalilly Organic Cotton Blue Boys Candy Stripe Woven Pyjamas
Piccalilly Organic Cotton Blue Boys Candy Stripe Woven Pyjamas
Offered by Piccalilly

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these, so traditional and they wash very well, 19 Aug. 2015
Love these, so traditional and they wash very well. My little boy looks gorgeous in them. Just ordered a yellow striped pair too. I have the red checked ones (with a boat on) too and they are a bit lighter in fabric but equally beautiful.

Playshoes Rain Dungarees Waterproofs Straight Boy's Trousers Green 5-6 Years (116)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Aug. 2015
Love these. Great colour, not bulky and reasonable price too. Great buy.

Badger Company, Active Kids, Zinc Oxide Sunscreen Cream, SPF 30, Tangerine & Vanilla, 2.9 fl oz (87 ml)
Offered by Swift Stock

5.0 out of 5 stars Sad there are some negative reviews on here about it, 8 Jun. 2015
Sad there are some negative reviews on here about it. Me and my toddler loves this. He does not react to this one as he has done to previous sun creams. Smells fantastic and works. Would definitely buy again (if I can afford it!).

Donna Dewberry's All New Book of One-Stroke Painting
Donna Dewberry's All New Book of One-Stroke Painting
by Donna Dewberry

3.0 out of 5 stars would've preferred more technique, fewer project ideas, 18 Feb. 2015
More than half of book is devoted to project ideas. A shame cause I would've liked more techniques, product info etc. I wanted to use this for face painting technique as many face painters do - she is big in the facepainting world - but there were no examples of this. Her projects like painting a tray and mail box were of no use to me. The section at the beginning until page 74 was very good though.

Playmobil 6777 123 Take Along Fire Station
Playmobil 6777 123 Take Along Fire Station
Offered by Toysworld

2.0 out of 5 stars not like old playmobil, 27 Dec. 2014
In my old playmobil when I was a kid the arms would move up and down, you could put things like the suit cases in the characters hands to grip. Not on this version. The case doesn't even open, arms flat by characters sides. I do not understand why they have not kept these basic features that used to make playmobil a great kids toy with loads of play value. Why change them in this way? They now have a lot less play value. All i can think of is maybe they are aiming a slightly younger clientele who may put things in their mouths. Is it my imagination or have the figures put on weight too? At least the plastic is quite sturdy. Very disappointed Playmobil.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 11, 2015 4:01 PM BST

The Three Billy- Goats Gruff (A Ladybird Easy-Reading Book)
The Three Billy- Goats Gruff (A Ladybird Easy-Reading Book)
by Vera Southgate

3.0 out of 5 stars The one I received looks like a slightly more modern edition and says well loved ..., 12 Sept. 2014
Not the same cover as one shown when I purchased it. The one I received looks like a slightly more modern edition and says well loved tales inside a white oval with flowers on it. Thankfully illustrations are same inside and it is in good condition as described. More care should be taken to ensure I purchase the same product and not one that is just a bit similar.

Fairies I have met
Fairies I have met
by Rodolph Stawell

1.0 out of 5 stars This is a terrible version of this lovely book, 10 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Fairies I have met (Paperback)
Absolutely awful copy of this book. This is a terrible version of this lovely book. It looks like it has been done on a bad photocopier by someone at home. I expected afew little things due to the reproduction/age of original but this is horrendous. There are many words missing, illustrations look like they have been badly blown up and therefore lose their delicate detail. I would hate anyone else to buy this thinking it was a lovely book. The stories are exceptional. I expect the author would be crying to see this. I do not know what the other versions of this book are like to compare it to but I doubt they can be as bad as this. To say I am disappointed is a huge understatement.

Snazaroo Face Paint 18ml Bright Green (444)
Snazaroo Face Paint 18ml Bright Green (444)
Offered by PARTY NATION

2.0 out of 5 stars not bright at all, 25 May 2014
this is infact quite a dull colour, not bright green. Good quality as per all other snazaroo but colour name misleading.

Cooks Original Chinese Curry Sauce Concentrate - 405g
Cooks Original Chinese Curry Sauce Concentrate - 405g
Offered by We Luv Shopping

5.0 out of 5 stars agree, great, 3 May 2014
try frying afew onions and mushrooms up first before adding the concentrate and water, it works really well and enhances it. thiks sauce is lovely stuff, if I do not have access to it in a larger supermarket or Chinese supermarket then I get online and its definitely the real deal.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6