Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Aveeno Baby Sunblock Lotion, SPF 55, 118 ml
Aveeno Baby Sunblock Lotion, SPF 55, 118 ml
Offered by ABC Wholesale

2.0 out of 5 stars migrates and stings the eyes, 12 Aug. 2013
I love the Aveeno baby range and had high hopes for this sun cream. After using it on my 2 year old on a recent trip to Egypt I have to say I am extremely disappointed with this one! It has an odd smell that I really don't care for and if you get this anywhere near your eyes you've had it!!! Although I didn't apply directly to the eyes the cream migrates VERY easily, on several occasions it made it's way into my little boys eyes and the poor thing had very red, sore, watery eyes and was clearly in distress. Wish I'd stuck to Nivea or a more reliable high street brand! Don't bother with this one.

Maxi Cosi Priori XP Group 1 Car Seat (Phantom) 2015 Range
Maxi Cosi Priori XP Group 1 Car Seat (Phantom) 2015 Range

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and great recline positions!, 2 Dec. 2012
I spent many long days (and nights!) researching the best car seat for my child and finally decided to go for this maxi cosi priori xp group 1 car seat. Personally I would've liked to have gone for an extended rear facing car seat, but unfortunately they wouldn't have been practical for us and our needs. This seat is VERY easy to install, honestly anyone can do it! If you do get confused there are some excellent videos on YouTube to guide you. The seat has several recline positions, there is only a small difference between each position so don't expect a fully reclining sofa! The one thing I did notice when looking around at different car seats is that this seat has one of the best reclining positions to prevent a sleeping child's head from dropping forwards. The majority of other car seats don't recline as much as this one so this is ideal for those of you with children that like to sleep in the car. The strap adjustment system is very simple, the straps sit comfortably against the child and it is extremely secure. There are soft hooks on the sides that allow you to hook the harness straps out of the way, plus a small hook to hold the crotch strap out of the way. This makes it so much easier to get your child into the car seat the next time you use it as you don't need to faff about trying to get the straps out of the way when putting your child into the seat. The seat is well padded and simple in design but with the added bonus of being functional, practical and of course safe...something every parent wants and needs when purchasing a car seat.

Kent Natural Shine Radial Pure Bristle Brush Large
Kent Natural Shine Radial Pure Bristle Brush Large
Offered by Blue Herbs

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality & Crazy Static!, 1 Aug. 2012
I bought this product based on the positive reviews I'd read about Kent brushes. I had high expectations and let's face it, for the prices they charge who wouldn't?! Unfortunately I was extremely disappointed with this brush! Firstly, I have thin and easily manageable hair (it's not thick or knotty) and everytime I used it bristles from the brush would fall out absolutely everywhere, now I'm not talking the odd piece here 'n' there, there were bristles stuck in my hair and scattered all over the floor after trying to brush with it. Secondly, as mentioned in another review, the brush does not penetrate the hair enough. In fact, this did not actually brush my hair at all (i.e. remove knots, make hair look neat and presentable) in the slightest, all it did was rub over the top layer of my hair and create a MASSIVE head of static hair...I swear, it looked like I'd had an electric shock!! Other reviewers of Kent brushes have noted the same static problem so I know I'm not alone in experiencing these issues. Needless to say this has now gone in the bin and I will never touch a Kent brush ever again!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 26, 2014 1:42 PM GMT

Proporta Aluminium Lined Leather Case for Samsung Galaxy S3
Proporta Aluminium Lined Leather Case for Samsung Galaxy S3
Offered by Proporta

3.0 out of 5 stars Two different designs & not the greatest quality, 10 July 2012
It appears that there are two versions of this case. The difference being the section cut out for the headphone socket. Some customers are receiving cases with a small hole for the headphones, whereas others are receiveing the latest version where the section cut out is a wide hole so there is more than adequate space for the headphones to plug in. My guess is that proporta realised they messed up the first design and therefore redesigned it but retailers are still selling stock of the old design. I purchased mine directly from proporta and have received the redesigned version so I have no gripes with the design. The quality however is questionable, mine arrived with scratches in the leather on the outside and marks on the inside. Very disappointing considering the price paid and not worth returning as I will have to pay for non-refundable return postage, next time I will buy directly from Amazon.

WaterWipes Super Value Box - Pack of 9, Total 540 Baby Wipes
WaterWipes Super Value Box - Pack of 9, Total 540 Baby Wipes

1.0 out of 5 stars WERE Fantastic, NOW TERRIBLE!! Do Not Buy!, 7 July 2012
I used to love these wipes when they came in packs of 72. The wipes were evenly moist and soft to the touch...HOWEVER, now they are absolutely RUBBISH. They now come as a pack of 60 wipes and the quality is horrendous. They are rough and all the moisture sits at the bottom of the pack which means when you open the pack the wipes at the top are nearly bone dry, and when you eventually get to the bottom of the pack the wipes are soaking wet! I end up having to pat dry my baby's bum. I tried storing the packs upside down in the hope that the moisture would 'even out' but it made no difference whatsoever. I am furious with DermaH2O, why change something so drastically that was clearly a fabulous product?! Greedy manufacturers think we're stupid, that we wouldn't notice or mind a completely different product with a smaller quantity, lower quality and higher price. The so called "value packs" are not even value for money with very little saving. If you have used these in the past (the 72 pack wipes) then I urge you, actually I beg you not to waste your hard earned money, you're better off getting an alternative brand of wipes as these water wipes are sadly now no different to any other pack of wipes.

WaterWipes Super Value Box - Pack of 4, Total 240 Baby Wipes
WaterWipes Super Value Box - Pack of 4, Total 240 Baby Wipes

1.0 out of 5 stars WERE Fantastic, NOW TERRIBLE!!, 7 July 2012

Lamaze Soft Stacking Ball
Lamaze Soft Stacking Ball
Offered by BabyToys4you

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright & Cheerful! Excellent quality, variety of textures & a good size!, 21 Dec. 2011
I bought this stacking ball for my 8 month old baby and he loves it! It is an absolutely lovely product, the quality is excellent and the colours are bright and attractive. The stacking ball splits into four segments/rings (Red, Green, Yellow and Blue), each of these segments/rings are decorated in a variety of different colours, patterns and textures - more than enough to keep your little ones amused for a while! Each piece makes a crinkly sound when it's touched or squeezed and they are made from a good quality strong foam which doesn't lose its shape. The blue segment also has different coloured 'taggies' running along the edge so if like me you have a baby who has a thing for tags then they'll love this! The segments stack up onto a rainbow coloured centre piece which makes a jingling sound (don't worry it's not one of those annoying rattle type sounds, its very subtle and not irritating at all!), there is also a hook attached to the centre piece so you can attach it to something (this hook can also be removed as it is held in place by a small velcro fastening strap). The segments/rings attach well to the centre piece and they do not fall off very easily which is excellent when the ball is being used as a crawling ball. It really does encourage my baby boy to go after it when it rolls away from him! The circumference of the ball measures approx 48cm at its widest point. Overall, I'm very pleased with this stacking ball and I'm pretty sure it will keep my little boy entertained as well as aid his development for many months to come!

Sunshine Kids Change 'n' Go Travel Changing Mat
Sunshine Kids Change 'n' Go Travel Changing Mat
Offered by Girls Travel Club

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible product! Cheap n nasty!! Don't waste your money!, 24 Nov. 2011
I have had this changing mat for a few months now and it is rubbish! The pockets are made from a cheap mesh which has totally disintegrated, they are inadequate for size 3+ nappies - they just wont fit! The zip on mine has broken and the mat has black dye smudge marks all over it! The mat is barely cushioned, how it can claim to be cushioned is beyond me! I really should have sent this back when I got it but never got round to it and after using it for a few months I can strongly advise any parent to stay away from this mat. Thankfully my sister in law bought me a Skip Hop changing mat (approx £20) which is superb, excellent quality and padded well to ensure my baby is comfortable! Stay clear and buy yourself and decent quality one, granted you may need to spend a little more but at £7 this mat is absolutely terrible!

Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix Car Seat Footmuff (Black Reflection) 2014 Range
Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix Car Seat Footmuff (Black Reflection) 2014 Range

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product but VERY VERY warm!, 24 Nov. 2011
I bought this for my 6 month old baby who kept kicking off his blankets when he was in his car seat. It is very easy to install, simply feed the straps of the car seat through the slots on the footmuff and you're done! My only issue with it is that it seems excessively warm for my little one! The material on the inside is the same as that of the car seat and after using it the first time my baby was sweating buckets! This was obviously my fault as I hadn't realised just how warm it was, plus I think I have a very warm blooded baby...none the less I have learnt to keep my son's layers to a minimum when using the footmuff and it now keeps him toasty and warm (as opposed to a sweaty betty!). The outer material is waterproof and the footmuff fastens with two zips so if your baby gets too hot you can open it up to let some air in! I also have quite a long baby and this footmuff fits his long legs with room for growth so you needn't worry if you have a long baby!

Angelsounds Baby Fetal Heart Monitor (Doppler) with free Headphones, battery and recording cable

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked a treat at 11½ Weeks Pregnant!!, 18 Sept. 2010
I bought and used this unit when I was 11½ weeks pregnant (I'm only 12 weeks now so I literally used it a few days ago!) On receiving the parcel, I should mention that the image on Amazon is not a true representation of what you actually receive. In the box there is the foetal heart detector, 1 x headphones and 1 x recording cable, there are no CD's or gel included in this particular box. However, I purchased the Konix Ultrasound Gel at the same time so the lack of contents is not really of great concern. Before starting you should make sure you remove the battery's protective seal otherwise the device will not work! When I first used it I applied loads of the gel to my lower abdomen and placed the unit onto my skin and moved it around whilst gently pushing it into my abdomen. After half n hour of trying I could still not find a heartbeat, I now realise this was because I was pushing the unit too hard into my abdomen so all I could find was my own heartbeat. Anyway, I tried again a couple of days later and this is what I did:

1) Empty bladder (I found I was more relaxed and comfortable this way)

2) Lay down on my bed

3) Applied gel approx 2½ inches below my belly button

4) Applied gel to the transducer of the unit

5) Placed the unit 2½ inches below my belly button (where the gel was) and moved it around within the same area very very
slowly and gently without applying much pressure to the unit (so that it kind of glides over your skin)

6) I picked up the heartbeat within a couple of minutes!!! It sounds like a moving train! I can also hear the baby moving
which is totally amazing. And the more gel you use the clearer the sound.

7) ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to say this product has really given me peace of mind, after a miscarriage a few months ago I have been in nothing but fits of worry over this pregnancy. My dating scan appointment has still not to come hence why I opted to buy this heart detector. Although I know it doesn't tell me if everything is ok with the baby, it has helped put my mind at ease massively and I am feeling much more positive which has to be a good thing! Would highly recommend to others!