Profile for D/S > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Spear & Jackson - Elements Soil Rake
Spear & Jackson - Elements Soil Rake

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Rake., 17 April 2014
Strong rake, nice long timber handle with soft grip on the end.
Very fast dispatch and faultless delivery. Excellent courier used.
This product is light to use, the long handle means no bending and no resulting back ache.

Revlon 9142CU 2000Watts Power Dry Hair Dryer
Revlon 9142CU 2000Watts Power Dry Hair Dryer
Offered by Slamtech Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 17 April 2014
Tiny, power packed hairdryer with very useful features including a 'cool or cold blow'.
I purchased this for model making. I recommend it though not only for model making but for use on hair.
Great product.

ScanCom Chichester FSC Eucalyptus Wood  Outdoor 4 Seater Dining Table With Parasol Hole
ScanCom Chichester FSC Eucalyptus Wood Outdoor 4 Seater Dining Table With Parasol Hole

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Table, 17 April 2014
This table is a solid one with adjustment at each foot to make sure it stands level.
It will need treatment against the weather annually. This however will ensure the table stands firm and true for many years.

The Great Tompall: Forgotten Country Music Outlaw
The Great Tompall: Forgotten Country Music Outlaw
by Kevin L. Glaser

3.0 out of 5 stars Confusing, 13 Mar 2014
A very rare, probably unique insight of Tompall Glaser.

Whilst I welcomed the opportunity to read about the sweetest, purest male voice in country music. Rightly or wrongly I got the impression that there was a lot more unsaid than said. I feel the book was incomplete and the timing unfortunate. I also gained the impression that a lot of the people quoted were afraid to really say what they thought and felt through fear of recrimination.
Had those comments been recorded just after Tompall's sad passing, I would have thought the people were being coy through ' Fear of speaking evil of the dead'. I hope I am wrong, but those are my impressions.

To my mind Tompall was the greatest country singer I have ever heard. Whilst writing that I was thinking of Le Dewitt, Marty Robbins, Jimmy Fortune, Larry Gatlin, who are all great, but are not in the same category as Tompall.

In essence this is a good book, but is not as open or as informative as I had hoped.

What If the Bible Had Never Been Written?
What If the Bible Had Never Been Written?

1.0 out of 5 stars Should be entitled in praise of Mamon, 13 Mar 2014
Book started ok but quickly diminished to telling us what other people did and thought, much of this was not necessary because the author uses hundreds if not thousands of words when use of scripture would have been much more succinct.
This writer lost the plot and after wading knee deep in the writers praise or quotes of well known people, I lost the will to carry on reading.

He makes the claim that Christians should become more involved with/in politics, really? Is the author not supposedly making a case for a better world based on bible principles?
Then in the light of 1st John 5:19, Luke 4:5-6 and the account of satans offer to Jesus for just one act of obeisance, or Jesus words at John 17:14-16. Yet the writer advocates that Christians should rub hands and become involved with satan's organisations!!!

He rightly makes the point that the world in some parts has been improved with Hebrew/Christian scriptures being used to make laws, but, he seems to think that the world will continue to improve if it is left alone long enough, thus seemingly losing the whole point of the bibles message.

Shame, the book misses a wonderful opportunity to point its readers to the essence of why the bible was written. Sure some conditions have improved over time because of well meant intentions. However those improvements are being voided by what is happening in the world because men are going from bad to worse as recorded at 2nd Timothy 3:13.See also revelation 12:12.

Lovemore Gluten Free Gingerbread Men Biscuits 160 g (Pack of 12, Total 72 Biscuits)

5.0 out of 5 stars 11 out of 10., 10 Mar 2014
Having got to the point where ocado could not be trusted to have these biscuits in stock at any given time.
My wife insisted she could not be without a reliable supplier.

This company are very fast at dispatch and generally all round efficient. Great tasting biscuit, cannot taste it is gluten free and because it does not contain wheat or gluten is much healthier for you.

Ocado have now lost out due to their unreliability of product and delivery.

3PRS Southern Seas Mens Womens Classic Gold Frame +4.00 Reading Glasses w Case 7 Strengths Available
Offered by SouthernSeasTrading

5.0 out of 5 stars Delays, 8 Mar 2014
Ordered these when I needed a replacement pair of reading glasses for the ones I had broken in an accident. I could not get to the opticians for a replacement pair because I was housebound. Could not read all the description of delivery etc.
Found two old pairs of glasses and combined them. When I found out how long the item could take to arrive from China I cancelled them and refused delivery when they arrived.
Seller was very understanding and gave immediate refund, hence the 5 stars.

ADDIS 40 Litre Rectangular Laundry Basket, Roasted Red
ADDIS 40 Litre Rectangular Laundry Basket, Roasted Red

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, 8 Mar 2014
Would give it 5 stars, but the caption 'I love it' doesn't seem to fit the description of a laundry basket somehow.
It is light and seems durable. I've had it a while now and yep, it does a good job.

50 LITRE GREY SWING TOP BIN / DUSTBIN / RUBBISH BIN / KITCHEN / HOME / BATHROOM
50 LITRE GREY SWING TOP BIN / DUSTBIN / RUBBISH BIN / KITCHEN / HOME / BATHROOM
Offered by Keto Plastics Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what I purchased it for., 8 Mar 2014
Its very hard for me to get excited over a swing bin. Thus the caption of 'I love it' for giving it 5 stars is a bit ott.
The bin still works well after several months use. It is easy to wash inside and out.
It is well moulded and keeps its colour.

Please kitchen bin will you marry me, I adore you.

Dark Side of the River
Dark Side of the River
by Brian Formby

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 8 Mar 2014
This review is from: Dark Side of the River (Paperback)
This is the first book in a very long time that I have not been able to put down.
It is the first book I have become fully involved with since finishing Bernard Cornwall's 'Thomas of Hookton' saga's.
Brilliant read, fully believable characters from this writer who has an excellent eye and mind for observing and recreating human characteristics.

I hope we see more books from Mr Formby soon.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5