Profile for Bee > Reviews

Garnier Ambre Solaire Golden Protect Oil SPF10 150ml
Garnier Ambre Solaire Golden Protect Oil SPF10 150ml
Offered by beauty mix

5.0 out of 5 stars Non sticky, non greasy, 26 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As I get older, my skin has become much more tolerant of sun exposure. Although I have (very) pale skin in winter, come spring and a couple of sunny days, my skin becomes golden - so much so, after a week's break in Northumberland in April, I went straight to attend a professional event and found the foundation I'd packed several shades too pale! Colleagues couldn't believe I'd stayed in the UK for my holiday.

That said, sun protection is still vital to keep skin healthy. I enjoy topping up my vitamin D as much as anybody, but I had a mole cut out of my back once (it was harmless, just changing shape for no reason) and once is enough. This spray is a quick and convenient way to protect arms, shoulders and legs easily, with a non-sticky, non-greasy fine mist, which needs no rubbing in, just a swipe to distribute. I even sprayed some into my palms to rub over my face and neck, and it didn't irritate - some brands in particular make my skin prickly and irritated when I start to perspire. I'm not bothered by the scent one way or the other - some say it reminds them of summer, but for me it's like a slightly odd baby oil scent.

The bottle is small and slim enough to fit into a normal sized handbag or small backpack so is easy to carry - and taking it out and using it is half the battle won!

Looking forward to a long summer now!

Toy / Craft Safety Solid Black Eyes: 6mm - 10 Per Pack
Toy / Craft Safety Solid Black Eyes: 6mm - 10 Per Pack
Offered by Plush Addict

5.0 out of 5 stars Add a professional touch, 26 May 2016
These really add a professional touch to my handmade toys.

iCarryAll Executive Zip-Closed Organizer Padfolio with Pouch Pocket, for 11-inch Laptop and Letter Paper
Offered by mostwill-eu

4.0 out of 5 stars Smart but expensive organiser., 26 May 2016
My boyfriend has been using a rather tatty plastic portfolio when he goes to meetings to carry all his bits and bobs in, so when I was offered the chance to review this organiser, I leapt at the chance.

The organiser is made throughout from a glossy black grained leather. It has an all around zip, which can open from either end. The zip pulls are a shiny silver colour. Outside is a tapered pocket with closes with a magnetic clasp. This is big enough for a small tablet or Kindle.

Inside is space for an A4 notepad, a pen holder, and a variety of other pockets. The biggest pocket is slightly too small for even the thinnest A4 note, which is a shame, but there is plenty of space for business cards, mobile phone, tickets and receipts etc. The main zip compartment could hold a tablet or laptop, but bear in mind that there is no padding. That said, the organiser appears quite robust , but if it landed on edge, there's only the zip between your laptop and concretee.

Overall, a useful accessory for work or study. However, it is terribly expensive at full price for what you get, so it loses a star for poor value for money.

The seller kindly sent me this product for a heavily discounted price. The opinions expressed are my own.

Super Bright Portable LED Lantern Collapsible Camping Lantern Water Resistant Emergency Lamp Night Light Perfect for Outdoor Camping Hiking Fishing
Offered by XuanTai Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable and compact, 26 May 2016
The seller kindly sent me this product to review free of charge. The opinions expressed are my own.

Back in the day when I camped regularly, it was always a bit of a faff getting a decent light. You needed to have a certain knack to get a Tilley lamp going, and torches just weren't up to the job.

Now however, with cheap LED technology, you need never have to put your book down unfinished, or traipse to the loo in the dark, as lanterns like this are here to make your life easier.

This lantern is make of pretty robust looking plastic - it says military grade, but as I'm not in the armed forces I can't attest to that. The light unit pulls up out of the base, so it is protected when not in use. Pushing it back into the base also switches it off - this mechanism is ideal for cold fingers, or perhaps during a power cut at home, no fiddling about.

The unit is powered by 3 x AA batteries (not supplied) which go into the very bottom, which unscrews - like a jam jar, so no tools are required. I don't know if this means it's waterproof, but I imagine it would cope with splashing and the inevitable rain whilst camping.

The unit contains 30 LEDs, which gives a light rated at 60 lumens - the equivalent of 60 candles - so it is bright and versatile.

The handles mean it can be hooked or tied up, or safely carried. It wouldn't be comfortable over a long distance, but for wandering around a campsite or even a torchlit procession should be adequate.

Overall, a nice, durable unit. I'll report back on battery life when I have more info!

Mountain Warehouse Santorini Womens Sandal Adjustable Straps Flat Beach Thongs Shoes Sandals Light Grey 6 UK
Offered by Mountain Warehouse

3.0 out of 5 stars Come up waaaay too big., 26 May 2016
These sandals are cheap and cheerful, and would have been ideal for messing about near water (as they seem to be almost totally synthetic/plastic) except for one thing - they are almost as big as a boat! I take a pretty standard size 6 (Clarks, M&S, previous Mountain Warehouse Shoes) and these had an inch (2.5cm) between the end of my big toe and the end of the sandal. Sadly, having to return them. The quest for a well fitting, reasonably priced walking sandal continues...

Colyanda Women's Faux Leather Shoulder Strap Lace Corset Bustier CR3860(5XL)
Colyanda Women's Faux Leather Shoulder Strap Lace Corset Bustier CR3860(5XL)
Offered by Colyanda EU

3.0 out of 5 stars Fashion top rather than corset, 26 May 2016
Firstly, it should be pointed out this this is really a fitted, boned top and not really a corset for shaping the waist. The faux leather is a little too stretchy and there are two large lace panels on the side. That said, it fits well, and smooths, so it does flatter.

The garment is very attractive, and comes with a free faux leather G string (not so attractive). The lace panels and skirt are made of a nice heavy weight lace which is very pretty. However, the shoulder straps are made of a finer, nylon lace which isn't as good quality.. The shoulder straps are also a bit short, which means they don't stay in position well.

The lining means it is comfortable to wear. The stitching quality is fine for a fashion item. One thing to note - the lace is cut deliberately with a ragged edge. This means that some of it is literally hanging on by a thread. I pulled on a section of the lace to help with the fit, and a piece came away in my hand. My fault of course, but something to bear in mind.

Vanwalk Laptop Bag For 15.6 Inch Laptop,Multi-functional Suit Fabric Portable Laptop Carrying Bag / Shoulder Laptop Bag / Laptop messenger bag / Notebook Computer Sleeve Case Bag Handbag for 15-15.6 Inch Laptop / Tablet / Macbook / Notebook,Grey
Offered by Vanwalk

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made and useful laptop bag, 25 May 2016
I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro 15.6" laptop, and the protective sleeve our IT providers supplied has lasted less than a year before the zip pull broke, so I was delighted to be offered the chance to review this laptop bag.

When it arrived, I was initially dubious that my laptop would fit - the bag looks so small and slimline. It's also very smart in a medium grey with black trim and zips. Anyhow, the laptop fitted comfortably in the velour lined main compartment, which is also lightly padded for protection. The two zip pockets on the front are sufficent for my charger, cable and mouse. The larger zip pocket has two inside pockets, suitable for a phone or mp3 player, or even memory sticks.

There is a further pocket on the back of the bag, which has a spot of velcro to close it which is handy for loose papers and the like.

To carry the bag, there are two short fabric handles which are cushioned with faux leather. These can be tucked away when not in use, and the bag carried either like a portfolio or using the shoulder strap that is included. This too is padded for comfort, and clips on the back, rather than the sides of the bag. I did wonder at first whether this would mean the bag tips forward when being carried, but no, it remains stable and close to the body.

Overall, the quality of fabric and workmanship in this bag is very good and it offers excellent value for money.I will report back after this bag has been in use for some time to comment on how well it is performing.

If I was to be picky, I would say that the bag lacks a strap to slide it over the handle of a suitcase - this is a really useful feature I've had in other bags, and I think the bag would be even better with it.

Mudder Vintage Chic Floral Design Double Sided Fabric Party Bunting, 3.8 Meters
Mudder Vintage Chic Floral Design Double Sided Fabric Party Bunting, 3.8 Meters
Offered by Mudder Online UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality and very pretty bunting, 25 May 2016
Bunting is all the rage these days, and it adds a festive air to almost every event and room.

This set is around 12 feet long, with a good length to tip up at end end. There are 12 bunting flags along its length, made from fabric in 3 similar floral patterns in different colours - blues, purples and pinks.

I'm a crafter myself, so I always look at sewn products with a very critical eye, and given the excellent price of this bunting, I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the materials and workmanship involved.

The flags are double thickness, well stitched, from a medium weight fabric - it feels like polycotton. There were no loose ends or fraying. They are securely stitched onto a folded tape - and again, no loose ends, missed stitches or fraying. My one minor niggle is that the background of the fabrics is cream, and the tape is a very white white - but I'm probably being a little picky!

This is definitely a product I would buy for a party or wedding - at this price, there's no point in making it myself!

Mudder Pocket Pedometer Step Counter Walking Distance Calorie Counter with Large LCD Display and Belt Clip, Red
Offered by Mudder Online UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Good budget buy., 25 May 2016
If you are looking for a basic but accurate pedometer, this is a good choice if you are on a tight budget.

The pedometer comes in a plain white box, with an instruction sheet. The battery is included, so once you have set the device up, you are good to go. It's very easy to set up, and the display is nice and clear, and a good size. There is a clip to attach the pedometer to a belt or waistband. It's best to use the pedometer over your hip for accuracy, and the clip is pretty secure but doesn't damage your clothing.

Like many pedometers, it doesn't include small movements - so walking from your desk to the kettle probably won't count! - but it does record longer distances. As far as I can tell, it's reasonably accurate - nothing is 100%. However, it does not reset automatically each day, and doesn't keep a record of steps over a period of time, so it's probably best used for one off trips, unless you are the organised type and can remember to reset it each day.

S-noilite Blonde WIG Cap,stretch Breathable Full Head Hair Wigs Cap,for Full Wigs/half Wigs,unisex,one Size Fixes All (3pcs, Black+Brown+Blonde)
Offered by UK-Fashion-Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Hid my hair effectively, 25 May 2016
I thought I was ordering three caps (one of each type) but I ended up with three of each - so astonishing value for money. The one I used worked well under the wig I bought for a fancy dress party - I have naturally unruly curly hair and this kept it all nicely tucked away. I did need some grips to stop the cap popping off though.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20