Profile for Bee of Good Cheer > Reviews

Content by Bee of Good Cheer

Bee of Good Cheer (England)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Jacob Jensen Designer One Slot Toaster II, Aluminium
Jacob Jensen Designer One Slot Toaster II, Aluminium
Offered by webmiles

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely looks and lovely toast, 6 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Unlike other reviewers, I'd never heard of Jacob Jensen - I just thought that the toaster looked good and would suit our kitchen!

Indeed, it does look good, very sleek and minimal. I think it's also going to keep its looks, because unlike some other toasters, it won't get greasy fingermarks on it, as you don't need to hold it as you lower the bread carrier! The mechanism works smoothly, and the buttons for your toasting options (there are nine settings, plus defrost and re-heat) are easy to use.

The blue countdown lights on the toast setting are subtle and understated, but pleasing.

The one long slot is great for accommodating different thicknesses and sizes of bread, which makes it really flexible and means that the grill pan isn't getting used for those odd shaped specialty loaves.

The $64 million dollar question - what's the toast like?

Lovely - so evenly toasted, and a fabulous golden colour on setting 3 - the perfect colour for me, and 4 is ideal for the boyfriend's toast. And it's easy to change between the two - although the toaster remembers the last setting if needed.

I've only marked it down a star because of the price - it's quite expensive. And our household doesn't have a good record with toasters, so if it lasts more than two years, it might get that fifth star!

FUSION - Set of 9 High Quality Aluminium Crochet Hooks Needles with Colourful Soft Rubber Grip Handles - in sizes 2mm, 2.5mm, 3mm, 3.5mm, 4mm, 4.5mm, 5, 5.5, 6mm - in a plastic partitioned packaging
Offered by WowBox UK (EU-wide shipping)

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable to use and excellent value, 6 July 2015
I've recently been on a bit of a crochet kick, but was finding that I couldn't spend a lot of time doing it as holding a standard aluminium hook was proving uncomfortable.

These hooks, with their non slip handles has solved the problem - nice and chunky, easy to hold and they look so cheerful they are a pleasure to own - like most crafters, I love colour!

The set was excellent value too, and delivered quickly. Love them

SUNLOUNGER 2: Beach Read Bliss (Sunlounger Stories)
SUNLOUNGER 2: Beach Read Bliss (Sunlounger Stories)

1.0 out of 5 stars Beach read? Don't waste your suitcase space., 6 July 2015
The taster had five or so short stories - or should I say fairy tales? Unrealistic chick lit that had me cringing. Don't get me wrong, I like light and fluffy reading sometimes (I'm a big fan of Milly Johnson and Mhairi McFarlane, for example) but this was not chick lit or beach lit at its best.

It's alright I suppose if when you remove your clothes to wear your bikini you also remove your brain.

Bodum Vacuum Travel Mug, Stainless Steel with Black Lid and Band, Small, 0.35 l, 12 oz
Offered by Harts Of Stur

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth every penny, 6 July 2015
I bought this for my partner for his birthday as I love my pink version, which saw me through my degree and many an hour studying.

It's far superior to other insulated mugs out there - in fact, sometimes it's too efficient, as the drink doesn't always cool down enough to actually drink before the end of the journey!

Although initially it seems expensive, the savings over those coffees bought at service stations soon means this will pay for itself

My one is four or five years old and still as good as new, so they are robust and built to last. Well worth the extra cost, and it also means all those freebie ones acquired at expos and conferences can be sent to recycling!

Dussel Neoprene Skin/Slipcase for Kindle Paperwhite 6", Voyage, Touch, Standard Kindle [ORANGE]
Offered by Düssel

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect protection, 6 July 2015
I've realised I don't actually like reading my Kindle with one of the those flip open/book cover style cases on, and that actually my Kindle is quite robust so doesn't need protection in use.

However, I do like to just shove it in my bag or rucksack and of course, it needs something to cushion it them.

This case is ideal - a snug fit, well padded, and the colour means it's easy to spot in the depths of a dark bag!

Great value for money too.

NAILS INC Mini Trio Collection
NAILS INC Mini Trio Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and funky little set - excellent value, 6 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm a bit of a nail polish addict - I don't do anything fancy, like nail art or anything, but I do like nicely polished nails.

I admit that I'm a fan of Nails Inc polishes, as I think they are excellent quality, so I was keen to try these. The colours are fun and funky and ideal for summer, and the miniature bottles are excellent for packing to take away on summer holidays too!

I find that the colours last a good three days if I use a top coat before showing signs of wear - and I'm tough on my hands, as I wash up without gloves, for example.

All in all, an excellent little set, attractively presented and ideal as a treat for yourself or as a gift. Great value for money.

NAILS INC Gel Effect Collection
NAILS INC Gel Effect Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent collection of top quality nail polishes, 25 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

I admit that I'm a fan of Nails Inc polishes, as I think they are excellent quality, so this set was heaven sent for me - the selection of up to the minute colours looking suitable for almost every occasion.

This is a polish that does come out glossy and thick, and stays that way. Compared to other nail polishes, it does look fuller and rounder, although possibly not as rounded as a gel nail - which is no bad thing in my opinion, as it looks more natural and less artificial. Two coats were adequate for a nice, streak free finish with all the colours.

It's important to note that these bottles are 8ml, and not the usual 14ml size. This also means that the brush is not as wide as the full size bottles, so more strokes are needed to paint a nail. The brush is also fully embedded in the rectangular bottle top, which I found a little bit awkward to use the first couple of times. EDIT: A kind commenter pointed out that they are removable, so I tried again. The first one still didn't budge but I got the others out - yay! much easier!

The colours included are:
Baker Street - a beautiful blue, but with a hint more of cornflower than the royal my monitor shows. Bang on trend for summer with a Breton top or lacy dress. Striking and bold.
Lexington Gardens - a pinky lilac, rather than the purple my monitor shows. Very attractive.
Uptown - a dusky pink - possibly my favourite of the set, surprisingly (I usually go for brights) - a wear anywhere for any occasion colour that looked fab with my skin tone and made me look very smart and put together.
West End - another colour the monitor doesn't show well, as it's much more coral than a true red. Very sassy and on trend.
Covent Garden Place - Apparently bright pinks like this are known as protest pinks as women are reclaiming the colour and using it to signify strength and power. I'm not sure I felt any more powerful, but I definitely felt more noticeable!
Colville Mews - a neutral beige colour, very smart and grown up!

I did notice a difference in wear with these depending on whether I used a top coat or not - not entirely unexpectedly the top coated shades lasted better and I generally removed them not because of damage, but because I wanted to try the next colour! They don't last anywhere near as long as a gel nail, but on the upside, they aren't as expensive, damaging or time consuming, and not special equipment or removal technique is required.

I'm slightly dubious about the claims made for the added ingredients, but these are excellent quality polishes, and there's not a dud one in the colour selection, so it's also an excellent set if you are looking for value for money. You may want to consider - if this is to be a gift - that the bottles were not gift packed, but individually packed in little bubble wrap pouches - sufficient protection sure but not hugely attractive.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 6, 2015 8:40 AM BST

NAILS INC Nail Polish, Porchester Square
NAILS INC Nail Polish, Porchester Square
Offered by Pixie Promotions

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality polish in a very useful and fashionable shade, 25 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

I admit that I'm a fan of Nails Inc polishes, as I think they are excellent quality, so I was keen to try this one. Once the silver top is pulled off, there's a more practical ribbed black one to use, and the brush is nice and wide so the base coat can be applied in one sweep.

This is a polish that does come out glossy and thick, and stays that way. Compared to other nail polishes, it does look fuller and rounder, although possibly not as rounded as a gel nail - which is no bad thing in my opinion, as it looks more natural and less artificial. Two coats were adequate for a nice, streak free finish.

The colour is a very smart and up to the minute neutral, which would suit all occasions, from a wedding to a job interview. It looks much better on than you would expect from the rather meh beige it appears in the bottle.

I didn't use a top coat and it lasted for a couple of days until I used a pan scourer when doing dishes, which lead to chips and wear.

I'm slightly dubious about the claims made for the added ingredients, but this is an excellent quality polish in a very useful shade. I can see me using it a lot.

NAILS Nail Polish, Whitehall The New White
NAILS Nail Polish, Whitehall The New White

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice polish, shame the colour didn't suit!, 19 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

The write up says that this goes on white and dries to a pale peach - well, it went on pale peach, and stayed pale peach. Very pale peach. Even my boyfriend reckoned it looked too pale on me. However, I applied it to my toes and it looked much nicer (my feet get tanned from walking a lot in sandals). Two coats were adequate for a nice, streak free finish. However, it was noticeably flatter than the finish I'd obtained the previous day from the gel effect polish I was testing.

I put on a top coat and it lasted for a couple of days until I used a pan scourer when doing dishes, which led to chips and wear.

I'm slightly dubious about the claims made for the botanical extracts, but this is a nice quality polish. Unfortunately, not one I can see myself using regularly.

(Apologies for the dodgy photo if you're used to seeing nicely finished and edited ones on nail blogs!)

NAILS INC Nail Polish, Nailkale Superfood Base Coat
NAILS INC Nail Polish, Nailkale Superfood Base Coat

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and smooth, 17 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

I always use a base coat, to make my polish last longer (not sure they do that) and to prevent staining (which they definitely do).

Although a fan of Nails Inc polishes, I'd never tried their base coats before so was keen to try this one. Once the silver top is pulled off, there's a more practical ribbed black one to use, and the brush is nice and wide so the base coat can be applied in one sweep.

Although a rather sickly looking green colour in the bottle, this goes on clear and leaves a nice smooth surface, which does give a good base for colour, and it does seem to prevent peeling of colour - and peeling and flaking of my rather dry nails.

I'm slightly dubious about the claims made for the kale extract, but this is a nice quality base.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20