Profile for Mr Pen > Reviews

Content by Mr Pen

Mr Pen

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
10 x Opus G9 18w = 25w 240v Mains Clear Long Life Eco Halogen Energy Saving Capsule Lamp Dimmable Light Bulbs Pack
Offered by The Lightbulb Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lights., 18 Aug 2014
Work great. I haven't had to replace any yet and its been a couple of months of constant use, so I would make that a big WIN.

Rentokil PSR107 Rat Killer Pre Bait Box
Rentokil PSR107 Rat Killer Pre Bait Box

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well and is easy to install, 18 Aug 2014
Works well and is easy to install. Just place it in a suitable location, away from birds etc, and let nature take its course.

Hostey® UK Micro USB Mains Power Wall Supply Charger For Raspberry Pi - (1000mA / 1A)
Offered by DayzHappy

4.0 out of 5 stars Pi power, 18 Aug 2014
Works fine. Powers my pi without fuss, though the cable could be longer.

TeckNet® 2.5 inch USB 3.0 Hard Drive Disk HDD External Enclosure / Case for 9.5mm 7mm 2.5" SATA HDD and SSD, Tool-free HDD Installation
Offered by BlueByte Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Life is good., 18 Aug 2014
A definate five star purchase this one. I stuck the old hard disk from my laptop in it and now acess all my pre-sdd files via the USB3 port. Life is good.

For Raspberry Pi - 16GB Class 10 branded SDHC SD Card preloaded with latest NOOBS choice of Linux operating system.
Offered by New IT limited

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work., 18 Aug 2014
Plugged this in to our new Pi only to get a fatal error on boot. That sucks. Can only presume it has an old image or something. I can reformat it myself manually, but if you are paying a premium for a Pi card then you shouldn't have to do this.

The ExecutionerTM Fly Swat Wasp Bug Mosquito Swatter Zapper
The ExecutionerTM Fly Swat Wasp Bug Mosquito Swatter Zapper

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 18 Aug 2014
This is quite effective as a fly swatter, though larger flies take repeated thwaks. The head could be bigger, and don't try using it as a tennis racket as it won't end well.

Draper 40418 Jumbo Sponge
Draper 40418 Jumbo Sponge

4.0 out of 5 stars Bob in the buff, 18 Aug 2014
Its a sponge dammit, what more do you want me to say?

I was very impressed with its yellowness; like a golden ear of corn swaying slowly in the field, and awaiting the harvester's blade.

20 x Hooks and eyes 25mm net wire curtain screws - 10 x hooks & 10 x eyes
20 x Hooks and eyes 25mm net wire curtain screws - 10 x hooks & 10 x eyes
Offered by QuidSave

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very good with ducks., 18 Aug 2014
I had a niche use for these hooks. I needed to screw them into the heads of some rubber ducks I had purchases. I am afraid they are not really up to that task, as they are too small. I also didn't realise before ordering that only half of the hooks were hooks. The other half were eyes. This is my fault for not reading the listing properly.

OR IS IT???

You see, I bought these hooks, because when I originally bought a small set of rubber ducks with hooks in their heads, Amazon told me that people buying these had also bought an assortment of rubber ducks, and these hooks. The idea being, that they would manufacture some more ducks themselves.

Well, if you are looking at these hooks (and eyes, dammit) for that reason, then look elsewhere.

Of course, if you are looking at these because you might want some curtain screws, then knock yourself out.

San Diego
San Diego

5.0 out of 5 stars The only promotional song about San Diego you will ever need., 16 Aug 2014
This review is from: San Diego (MP3 Download)
I don't usually like musicals, and ever since Barbara Dixon kept interrupting the Two Ronnies with her warbles, I have used the musical interlude as a toilet break. Occasionally I even get up to the loo first. But when I watched this episode, and the song appeared at the end, I have to say I was captivated.

It didn't make any sense in the story as a whole, it was just a song about a small boy who wants to go to San Diego and play with his tackle in the street. I'm sure we've all felt like that at some point, though I would advise against attempting the activity in their rather nice zoo.

It is very funny, and I'm sure that if you were American and got the cultural reference, it would be even funnier still. But, being fairly puerile, I found it funny as is.

Demon Dentist
Demon Dentist
by David Walliams

5.0 out of 5 stars Most excellent, 22 Jun 2014
This review is from: Demon Dentist (Hardcover)
Our daughter loved this book as a bedtime story. David Walliams has really found his feet as a children's author, and the tone of this book will be instantly familiar to anybody who has read any of his other efforts. I read criticism for this title because bad things happen in it. (Thats all I'm saying as I don't want to give any spoilers). All I will see is that if you want to wrap your child up in cotton world and keep them completely divorced from reality, then don't let them read this book. But if you want them to have a great, funny read, which deals with real life (as well as demon dentists) then get this.

It makes a great bedtime story book for an adult to read, because it isn't total guff. I don't mean its like a Dreamworks film, with specific lines for adults. I just mean its a well written, amusing story, which an adult can read without wanting to hammer nails into their own head (I'm looking at you, Diary of a wimpy kid).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7