Profile for David Smith > Reviews

Content by David Smith

David Smith (Treherbert, RCT, Wales)

Wired--Up 1 SATA Power Adapter Cable and 1 SATA Data Cable
Wired--Up 1 SATA Power Adapter Cable and 1 SATA Data Cable
Offered by bestjuyudi918

5.0 out of 5 stars Functions as expected, 28 Jan. 2014
Not much to say about this. I can't fault it so it gets 5 stars, although it's a fairly boring item, it either works or it doesn't. Mine arrived on time and worked as it should.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A good budget buy, does what it says on the tin., 28 Jan. 2014
Arrived on time, fairly simple to install if you're used to opening the case, worked first time and has continued to do so. Much quieter than my previous drive, although I currently have a very noisy PSU fan so I couldn't say for certain how noticeable the noise level would be during playback.

1D One Direction Secret Padlock Diary Note Book & Pencil Set
1D One Direction Secret Padlock Diary Note Book & Pencil Set
Offered by Shop Of Accessories (UK)

3.0 out of 5 stars Padlock will probably need to be replaced, 28 Jan. 2014
The padlock is an extremely cheap one, ours was out of alignment and almost impossible for a 6-year old to close properly. I imagine it would be very easy to pick as the key is very simple and a loose fit. I threw it in the bin and got a decent small luggage lock (the shackle needs to be very thin to fit this diary).

Letters from Father Christmas
Letters from Father Christmas

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for children., 27 April 2013
More of Tolkien's inimitable style. The Kindle version is good value, too. In case you didn't know, these are Tolkien's letters to his children as "Father Christmas" throughout several years. They might not hold the interest of an adult, unless that adult is already a Tolkien fan.

XFX GF FX5200 AGP8X 256MB DDR DVI/TVO
XFX GF FX5200 AGP8X 256MB DDR DVI/TVO

4.0 out of 5 stars Now showing its age, but so is my motherboard, 12 Mar. 2010
I bought a second hand PC back in 2007 from an internet cafe that was closing down. It came with onboard graphics, so not being a hardcore gamer it was only recently that I started to use any kind of software that reqired a dedicated graphics card.

This card is currently the only choice if you have AGP8x and the old PCI slots (and assuming you want a silent card). I couldn't find one on Amazon but after some casting around managed to get a second hand one via E-bay.

Now that PCI-e has come along both of those connectors seem to have fallen by the wayside, so perhaps it's time for me to upgrade my motherboard, then again I'm not made of money and neither are most of the people who will read this.