Profile for R. L. Hore > Reviews

Content by R. L. Hore

R. L. Hore

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
As The Crow Flies (The DI Nick Dixon Crime Series Book 1)
As The Crow Flies (The DI Nick Dixon Crime Series Book 1)
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read., 10 July 2014
Excellent read. I am a climber and the first bit of the book made my palms sweat, Well worth a read.

Garmin GPSMAP 62S - Worldwide
Garmin GPSMAP 62S - Worldwide
Offered by Smart Training
Price: 188.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Another superb Garmin unit, 4 Jun 2014
I have always used Garmin handheld GPS units and so it came as no surprise this was another excellent unit. It has a very clear display. I have added a 32Gb card which it recognised without problem. This unit has been on a few expeditions with me (Greenland being the harshest one) and stood up to it without a scratch. I can not fault this unit at all, apart from price of course, but you get what you pay for..

PROTECTION FILM. 6 IN 1 PACK - GARMIN GPSMAP 62s GPS NAVIGATION - ANTI SCRATCH CLEAR LCD SCREEN PROTECTORS SHIELDS FILMS. 2LMP
Offered by Membrane Store
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 4 Jun 2014
I fitted the protector very soon after purchasing the GPS unit. Easy to fit. Others I have used always left slight bubbles. This has been on the unit for over a year and it is so good I had forgotten it was there. Fits perfectly and is invisible.

Canon NB-5L Battery for IXUS 90, 980, 990, SX210 SX220, SX230, S110
Canon NB-5L Battery for IXUS 90, 980, 990, SX210 SX220, SX230, S110
Offered by mopodo-uk
Price: 41.98

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a battery., 4 Jun 2014
Not much I can say about a battery. It fits the camera? It takes a charge? Quick delivery. Not much more I can say.

Raspberry Pi Model B (512MB RAM, UK Model)
Raspberry Pi Model B (512MB RAM, UK Model)
Offered by Take a Bite
Price: 24.00

5.0 out of 5 stars It is a Pi...., 4 Jun 2014
....what more can I say. I am a Mac user so setting up the SD card was simple. Put it in the slot, power it up and you have a Linux system in a very small form factor. It uses the apt-* commands rather than Yast or rpm but no issue.

Edimax EW-7811UN 150Mbps Wireless Nano USB Adapter
Edimax EW-7811UN 150Mbps Wireless Nano USB Adapter
Offered by HometownTV UK
Price: 7.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it is supposed to, 4 Jun 2014
I bought this for a Raspberry Pi. Initially I had tried another old, large adapter I had lying around, which didn't work. First time with this item I found it difficult to get working but I reinstalled the OS and the drivers were there and it worked fine. I suspect I had confused the OS with my first dongle. Probably could have worked out why but it is working now and is fast.

Samsung 840 EVO 1TB 2.5-inch Basic SATA Solid State Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 1TB 2.5-inch Basic SATA Solid State Drive
Offered by Unique Savings
Price: 315.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 4 Jun 2014
I purchased this to replace a standard HDD in a Macbook Pro. What a superb item. As it is basically the same fittings as a standard HDD it fitted easily. Very fast, loads fo storage.

WD Red 3TB for NAS 3.5-inch Desktop Hard Drive - OEM
WD Red 3TB for NAS 3.5-inch Desktop Hard Drive - OEM
Offered by Ballicom International
Price: 94.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 4 Jun 2014
I purchased 4 of these for a NAS. They are standard hard rives. They seem very fast and are very quiet.

Cyntech Case for Raspberry Pi - BerryBlack
Cyntech Case for Raspberry Pi - BerryBlack
Offered by New IT limited
Price: 5.38

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 4 Jun 2014
I purchased this housing on the back of other reviews I had read. It fits together easily, although repeated opening/closing may make the screw holes larger and may fail. Not a problem really as I don't see opening it much. The status LEDs are very bright. A very good housing.

Canon LiDE 700F photo (9600dpi Advanced CCD technology), film and document Scanner

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple to use but feels delicate, 2 May 2014
I am a Mac user and my old scanner was no longer supported so I plumbed for one of these. It has a plastic feel about it and is lightweight. Does not need a power supply as it powers from the USB port. Very quick to scan compared to my old scanner. Can either be used lying flat like a normal scanner or it has a built in stand to stand it at approx 60 degrees. In this position the hinge is at the bottom and opens enough to insert documents but does not need much desk space. Scans are fine. Not tried the slide scanner as I have a dedicated one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8