Profile for Amaryllis > Reviews

Haws Slimcan Watering Can in Racing Green - 8 Litres
Haws Slimcan Watering Can in Racing Green - 8 Litres
Offered by Blue Ridge Marketing

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product, 26 Jun 2014
I've just bought one of these from my local upmarket garden centre for a similar price and it's brilliant. It looks good, has a guarantee of 10 years and a minimum life expectancy of 20 years so it may well outlive me!. I'm a small woman of 65 and I find it easy to carry and to use. The spray from the rose is excellent. A top quality item well worth the money. It beats all the cheap watering cans I've bought over the years hands down. Would highly recommend. Very pleased.

WARING PRO SOUP MAKER
WARING PRO SOUP MAKER
Offered by san direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product, 11 Nov 2013
This review is from: WARING PRO SOUP MAKER
I bought this machine only yesterday and have just used it for the first time to make a parsnip and apple soup. It's easy to use and easy to clean. You just need to read and understand the instructions before you start. I was able to use up my left over veg and, while the soup was cooking, I was free to do other things without worry. I particularly like the heavy duty glass jug as I can see what's going on while it cooks. It comes with a 3 year guarantee too. Love it.

Green Golosh Welly Shoes by Dunlop, Unisex (4)
Green Golosh Welly Shoes by Dunlop, Unisex (4)
Offered by ABMultiproducts ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 3 Jun 2013
I'm delighted with these welly shoes which are just what they are: green waterproof shoes which are just like neatly finished cut down wellies with a good sturdy, non-slip sole. They're comfortable for gardening in and great for just slipping on to pop pot into the garden in our soggy climate. Yes, you might need to slip a finger down the back of your heel to get them on comfortably but that's no big deal. Good price too and quick delivery. I'm very pleased with such a good quality product and would definitely recommend.

All the Small Things [DVD] [2009]
All the Small Things [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Sarah Alexander

5.0 out of 5 stars Blown away, 3 Mar 2013
Having paid an extortionate price for this dvd second hand, based on the reviews alone, it was with some trepidation that I sat down to watch it. However, I was completely blown away by the quality of the whole series. An uplifting musical drama, a tale of love and betrayal, the writing, direction and acting are all superb. Added to all this is the music and quality of the singing. I realise that many of our actors went to stage school where they were trained in the performing arts but I was surprised and delighted to hear how well some of our more well known actors can sing. Sarah Alexander's soprano was so beautiful I watched closely to see whether or not she was miming. Sarah Lancashire's lovely voice too was a total surprise (I wished there was more of it) as was Richard Fleeshman's who played autistic Kyle so convincingly and brilliantly. The only actor who seemed miscast to me was son "Fred" who wasn't meant to be likeable but he just didn't fit as Esther's son. However, the casting overall was brilliant. Once I started watching I couldn't stop. I was fortunate enough to be able to watch the whole series from beginning to end in one sitting (341 minutes). I bought this dvd with the intention of selling it on but I think this is one gem I want to keep and watch again.

Gold Engraved Sign - No Salesmen Cold Callers or Canvassers
Gold Engraved Sign - No Salesmen Cold Callers or Canvassers
Offered by eMarkooz

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 20 April 2012
Excellent neat little sign. Fits perfectly on my front door next to my letter box. Looks smart too with black lettering on gold background. Strong adhesive backing. Good price. Excellent value for money. Professional, businesslike, friendly and efficient service. Seller sent email on receipt of order and again to advise when item posted. Next day first class delivery. Very pleased with whole pain free experience. Highly recommended. Would use again. Brilliant seller. Thank you Neil.

Spirit Sisters: True Stories of the Paranormal
Spirit Sisters: True Stories of the Paranormal
by Karina Machado

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but not gripping, 22 Feb 2010
Having read lots of this type of book as I find the subject endlessly fascinating I found this book less than a riveting read and had to force myself to continue to the end. This could have been because the writer, not a medium or psychic herself, was merely quoting other people's experiences and had little to add herself. Also perhaps because the experiences quoted were provided by fellow Australians which I found less easy to identify with as I'm based in the UK.

CAT Footwear Women's Bebot Boot Houndawg P304215 4 UK
CAT Footwear Women's Bebot Boot Houndawg P304215 4 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made boots, 22 Feb 2010
Nice boots, well made and warm. However, I would recommend you order a size larger than your normal fitting. I ordered my normal size 4 only to find they were too tight in the foot. There was no way I could have worn socks with the boots as they were tight without. Had to exchange for a larger size which cost me extra in p&p.

Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - Series 1 [DVD]
Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Nigel Slater

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the Best, 22 Feb 2010
If you're a Nigel Slater fan this dvd is for you. As expected it is a recording of the TV series of the same name. A nice addition to my cookery book collection and handy to have as a reference when copying one of Nigel's recipes. Some good tips on growing and harvesting your own herbs, fruit and veg.

Morphy Richards 48719 Oval Slow Cooker 3.5 Litre, Cream
Morphy Richards 48719 Oval Slow Cooker 3.5 Litre, Cream

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 22 Feb 2010
I wasn't sure when I first unpacked my new cream cooker whether I should have ordered the stainless steel version owing to the rather uninspiring grey colour of the inner bowl but I'm pleased to say that it's grown on me. It does what it says on the box and has certainly made my life a lot easier. I feel comfortable being able to leave it switched on when I leave the house and am happy knowing how little it costs to run. The results are fantastic. There are many "slow cooker" books on the market of which I have a variety but I would recommend any by Sara Lewis who seems to have cornered the market in this subject. Her recipes are varied, delicious and easy to follow.