Profile for C. Craig > Reviews

Content by C. Craig

C. Craig

Do the Birds Still Sing in Hell? - He escaped over 200 times from a notorious German prison camp to see the girl he loved. This is the incredible true story of Horace Greasley

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy This!, 6 Jan 2014
If it's the last thing you do. Through the hell and devastation of war comes a true love story that will pull even the hardened of heart strings. Be prepared to go through every emotion as you read through this. Anger, laughter, joy and tears and the true meaning of friendship, love and loyalty. I loved this book so much that after the first few chapters of the paperback I bought it for my Kindle. The last ten chapters are the most emotional, with the final chapter the most emotional of all. This has become my new favourite book. My only downside is what happened to Horace after the war. Maybe Ken Scott will do a sequel (hint, hint Mr. Scott). If this isn't made into a film I'll be very surprised and if it is I'll be one of the first in the queue.

Lost and Found
Lost and Found

4.0 out of 5 stars I expected more, 21 May 2013
This review is from: Lost and Found (Kindle Edition)
Don't get me wrong, this book was great. I enjoyed it and the short chapters made it an easy read but the end for me, especially the last chapter was confusing. Without spoiling it, I can't really say why but it didn't make sense and for me it lacked that little extra that changed it from a good book to a great book. I'd love someone to explain the finale. That bugged me a bit

Police, Crime & 999 - The True Story of a Front Line Officer
Police, Crime & 999 - The True Story of a Front Line Officer

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 1 May 2013
Hilarious, informative and sad at times. When I first bought this book I thought it would be just another one of those where the author recalls his time in his profession. I've read a couple of those and have found them quite boring. Not so here. The author is intelligent and draws you in to the life as a policeman.
A must read!

Postmortem (Dr. Kay Scarpetta Book 1)
Postmortem (Dr. Kay Scarpetta Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 25 Jan 2013
A great book full of twists and turns. Keeps you guessing right to the very end. Recommended for anyone interested in forensics and CSI type shows. My only niggle was the ending. I wasn't sure if it was the end or it hadn't been downloaded fully as it stopped very abruptly. Definitely worth the money though

Damn You, Autocorrect!
Damn You, Autocorrect!

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth The Money, 14 Dec 2012
I found myself splitting my sides with laughter! A must read!

My only downside would be that it's a very quick read for the price. Otherwise excellent! Get it!

Mafia II Collector's Edition (Xbox 360)
Mafia II Collector's Edition (Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome to the family, 26 Feb 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I'm choosy. Very, very choosy. So it is rarer than parrot's teeth that I give anything 5 out of 5.

Most games are the same to me. You point. You shoot. I die.. Mafia II however immerses you in an addictive storyline that, no matter how clichéd it is, keeps you on the edge of your seat and begging for more.

The story revolves around Vito Scaletta a suave, good looking Italian (what else?) who joins the army, goes to prison and ultimately joins The Famiglia. Along with his childhood friend Joe they venture out killing, stealing and kidnapping.

The game has its fair share of swearing, violence and sex ( although not enough sex in my opinion) which gives it its 18 certificate and there are 'wanted' posters and 'Playboy' cards to collect.

Think Grand Theft Auto Sicilian style and you're halfway to imagining what this game is like.

Is there a downside to this game? To be honest, no. My only surprise was the poor reviews that it has been getting. I don't understand what's not to like. I've even got the add on 'joe's Adventures' I like the game that much.

If you have a bit of cash stashed away in a horse's head somewhere, get it out and spend it on this game.

Oh and hey. Welcome to the Family

Garmin Forerunner 205 Wrist Worn GPS Personal Training Device (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by AOT (VAT registered)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 27 Aug 2009
Lovely little product. For a beginning runner this is ideal. Has all the features you'd want, lap times, distance ran ( or biked or skiied), calories burnt etc. The only downfall for me is the satellite. It is sooo slow! They say that this is only for the first time. Wrong! I have had my forerunner for about a month now and have used it at least half a dozen times now and the satellite still takes forever to connect. I timed just over 5 minutes (on a clear day) the other day!
Would I recommend the forerunner 205? Well yes. Just so long as you have lots and lots of patience