Profile for Shieldsy > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Harris 12 x 18 Foot Premier Tarpaulin Large
Harris 12 x 18 Foot Premier Tarpaulin Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality. And HUGE!, 16 Oct. 2014
It's HUGE. I probably should have measured out the area this was going to cover before purchasing ... I wanted something to cover the family bikes until our shed was constructed. This covered the whole garden!!

It's good quality material. Strong hems and secure eyelets. Very satisfied.

EasyAcc 500lm 3-in-1 Cree LED Flashlight Torch with Free Head Strap and Bike Mount, Adjustable Focus, Black
Offered by EasyAcc.U Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright. Sturdy. Versatile., 16 Oct. 2014
Sturdy construction. Very bright - half-brightness is sufficient for roads with street lights. Variable beam is a bonus. Sometimes a bit tricky to toggle between modes as you only have to half depress the switch which isn't that easy when riding (especially with gloves).

Not just for your bike - I'm using this as a household torch now.

simplehuman Semi -Round Pedal Bin, 10 L - Fingerprint-Proof Brushed Stainless Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but worth it., 23 Sept. 2014
We've got a very small kitchen and only one small wall space where a bin would fit. This is perfect. Because of the semi-circular design it fits pretty flush against the wall. It take standard sized plastic bags. It has a pneumatic pedal so the lid doesn't clang down. Built to last.

Bike Lane LED Laser Rear Tail Light Cycling Bicycle Road Safety
Bike Lane LED Laser Rear Tail Light Cycling Bicycle Road Safety
Offered by hastingis

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't be fooled by gimmick. It's just a basic back light., 23 Sept. 2014
I fell for the gimmick! It's basically a bog standard LED back light (with LOTS of flashing settings). The lasers are ineffective on my bike as I have rear rack which gets in the way of the beam. So this 'feature' isn't go to work for anyone who has any rear accessories.

Even just experimenting with the lasers it's obvious that the beam they cast isn't really going to be terribly visible from any distance away.

A further problem is that the circumference of the attachment is far too big for my seat stem, so I had to wrap lots of insulating tape around the stem before there was sufficient width for the light to grip to.

The light itself is fine - but that's it. Neither better or worse than any other (though probably slightly larger).

Dobble Card Game
Dobble Card Game
Offered by Purely Health

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun & frenetic, 15 April 2014
This review is from: Dobble Card Game (Toy)
Received this as a present just over a week ago. Have played little else all week. Lots of variations of gameplay, easy to pick-up and great for all ages (4 children aged 12 years & under ... the 5 year old struggles to keep up but enjoys trying!). Games over in just a few minutes so no time to lose interest or boredom to set in.

Highly recommended.

DragonBox Algebra 5+
DragonBox Algebra 5+

5.0 out of 5 stars Learning algebra by stealth!, 18 Sept. 2013
This review is from: DragonBox Algebra 5+ (App)
Heard people raving about this app on some science website and was intrigued.

Now I've got it I can see why they were raving about it! It's a superb & clever way to get children (or anyone) understanding algebra ... by stealth! I had great fun re-connecting myself with a subject I haven't done for over 20 years and, best of all, my primary aged children were hooked. Don't be put off if you know nothing about maths/algebra because you don't need to. Yet by the end you/your children will be solving complex algebraic formulas - guaranteed

The authors have calibrated the learning curve & level of difficulty superbly. Each new mathematical concept is introduced as a cleverly graduated piece of game play. The actual "game play" & graphics etc are all of a high calibre.

It's fascinating to see how the rules of algebra are made into a compelling game. I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't how algebra is taught in school in the near future. I haven't yet tried with my children to see if they can take their gaming experience and make the connection with real 'pen & paper' algebra. Hoping the penny will quickly drop

My only criticism is that the game is relatively short. Another level or two would have been nice or even some sub-games of some sort.

MOFRED® 6 Pack Screen Protector Value Pack For Nexus 7 Tablet 2012 Model with Cleaning Cloth And Application Card
Offered by MOFRED PRODUCTS

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it's supposed to!, 2 Sept. 2013
Not much you can say about these really, except they do what they're supposed to. Managed to get film on easy enough with only 1 tiny air-bubble so pleased about that. There does seem to be a strange "banding" on the screen when it is not lit up but it's noticeable when it is. At this price can't grumble!

Casio F-91W-1YER Men's Resin Digital Watch
Casio F-91W-1YER Men's Resin Digital Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple classic, 2 Sept. 2013
My 11yr old bought this as a replacement for the one he got a couple years ago for his birthday. The fact that he didn't want anything more sophisticated is proof of it's enduring charm. It simply works.

Numbers Addict - Free Candy Splash
Numbers Addict - Free Candy Splash

5.0 out of 5 stars Infuriatingly addictive, 2 Sept. 2013
Proves that simple concepts are often the best! Not the most technically accomplished game, but fiendishly playable & addictive. Also good for the our young children's simple mental maths.

Duracell Class 10.200x ProPhoto SDHC Memory Card - 8 GB
Duracell Class 10.200x ProPhoto SDHC Memory Card - 8 GB

1.0 out of 5 stars There's a reason they make batteries not memory!, 23 July 2013
At first I thought there was something up with my camera (Canon 550D) - it would randomly stop recording video. Then it dawned on me - maybe my high-speed, class 10 SD card was at fault. I tried someone else's card, and the camera recorded lovely HD video faultlessly. I ran some benchmark tests on this card and it was hopeless! The performance was all over the place.

I gave this card to my children to put in their point & click cameras. Even then, 12 months later, it has fallen apart - literally.

Get yourself a proper SD card from a proper memory manufacturer.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4