Profile for xercron > Reviews

Content by xercron

xercron "xercron" (Nottingham, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Logitech Wireless Speaker Adaptor for Bluetooth Audio Devices
Logitech Wireless Speaker Adaptor for Bluetooth Audio Devices

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product., 19 Feb 2013
It just works! I can now connect any Bluetooth device to my ageing (but still very excellent) Technics system. Sound quality is superb. It has revolutionised the use of the iPad and smartphones for our all-round music pleasure. All this and for a very small price! A worthy purchase and one I highly recommend.

Parallels Desktop 8.0 for Mac
Parallels Desktop 8.0 for Mac
Offered by Best Buy Direct UK
Price: 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Could not work without this., 19 Feb 2013
I have previously used VMWare on my Windows systems but opted for the Parallels product for my MacBook Air as the reports seemed to edge it over Fusion. No regrets! This is excellent software that allows me to run a dual-head set-up all the time; I run the Bootcamp partition as a VM and just ignore it when not needed. It is possible to switch instantly between the Win8 and OSX and copy and paste between the two. Generally an all-round great product and highly recommended. I have not had any issues with Sleep mode when shutting the lid with Parallels open and Win8 running. I suppose there may be some impact on battery life when running both operating systems but I cannot say it has been noticeable.

Intelex Plush Microwavable Bagpuss
Intelex Plush Microwavable Bagpuss
Offered by 24/7 DIRECT
Price: 9.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Arrived on time and as described., 19 Feb 2013
Not much to say other than a throw-back to my childhood and a great present for the Christmas stocking. Not sure the recipient knew about Bagpuss but then it should be the responsibility of us "olds" to pass on the great stuff from our childhood!

CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5, Upgrade Edition (PC)
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5, Upgrade Edition (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with Windows 8., 19 Feb 2013
Ignore the warnings, both on the Corel site and when you install this on the operating system; I have been using this without issue for some time on Win 8. I understand that Corel wants the X6 sale but this type of misinformation is unnecessary and more than a little disappointing.

Very fast service from the Marketplace seller for this product and a 5 refund once I had left feedback.

Tucano Element Neoprene Folder for 13.3 inch MacBook Air - Silver
Tucano Element Neoprene Folder for 13.3 inch MacBook Air - Silver

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not seem to fit., 19 Feb 2013
I spent considerable time looking for a suitable case for my MacBook Air and decided upon Tucano as nearly all my other cases have been by this manufacturer. I was unimpressed with the fit on this case; it was too tight for the device and I had to struggle to get it on and off for the few times I tried it. Very disappointed as I have been very happy with previous items fromTucano.

Still looking for the perfect case but I might well have found it in the Thule range of laptop cases!

Amazon service was excellent; I returned the unwanted item at no cost and a full refund was received in good time.

Company
Company
Price: 11.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album., 9 Jan 2013
This review is from: Company (Audio CD)
I am a big Andy Burrows fan; have been since he started "I Am Arrows". This is a somber album so if you are expecting an upbeat sound then look elsewhere. I have to say that I prefer the IAA sound and am looking forward to a new album soon (sort it out Andy!) but this has some nice melodies and I have enjoyed listening to it many times.

Sony Clock Radio Dock for iPhone/iPod - Black
Sony Clock Radio Dock for iPhone/iPod - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product at a great price., 9 Jan 2013
Purchased for my daughter for Christmas and very impressed with the features and sound quality. I have long been a fan of Sony equipment and see the same eye for detail in this product. I think my daughter will enjoy using this for her iPod and the DAB radio is a big bonus at this price.

The Genius of Design
The Genius of Design
by Penny Sparke

5.0 out of 5 stars A steal., 9 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Genius of Design (Hardcover)
Not sure why this book was so cheap but it certainly seems great value for money at this price. It was purchased as a Christmas present for an expert in mid-century furniture design so I am not sure of the value they may find from the content but I trust they appreciated the intent.

Key Stage 2 Maths Practice Papers: Years 3 - 6
Key Stage 2 Maths Practice Papers: Years 3 - 6
by Steve Mills
Price: 2.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Arrived on time and as described., 9 Jan 2013
We have not used this specific purchase yet but used the same book for my son and it worked well for him. I expect my daughter to find this equally useful. The books certainly engender working at the child's pace and they do feel a sense of achievement as they work through each page.

2013 NOOKIE Ti-Liner Sox Socks NE20 Sizes- - Medium
2013 NOOKIE Ti-Liner Sox Socks NE20 Sizes- - Medium
Offered by Wetsuitoutlet
Price: 15.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 9 Jan 2013
I have used Nookie equipment before and been thoroughly impressed. I purchased these items to help my sister with keeping her feet warm in wellies during the winter months. I have not had any feedback yet but I am entirely hopeful that these socks will have been every bit as useful as I expect.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3