Profile for Anne CK > Reviews

Content by Anne CK

Anne CK "expat mom" (london UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Jo Frost's Confident Toddler Care: The Ultimate Guide to The Toddler Years
Jo Frost's Confident Toddler Care: The Ultimate Guide to The Toddler Years
by Jo Frost
Price: 9.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Miss frost KNOWS about kids, 24 Nov 2011
This lady is experienced and unlike some parenting guru's she is not weird. If the baby whisperer makes you tend your child like a dictator, Jo Frost is clearly a very real nanny with loads of experience. I have 3 kids as in this book I so often saw her take your real life and work with that. Not always easy but she isn't a fairy , like I said, she is the real thing. recommended. I have thrown out tracy hogg with pleasure.

NIKE Junior Back Hand Border Skirt, White, Age 10-12/M
NIKE Junior Back Hand Border Skirt, White, Age 10-12/M
Offered by Tennis Shop UK
Price: 21.99

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty, good fit., 12 Oct 2011
good plain down to earth worn by my 9 year old but very tall daughter to play tennis in. will buy again

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars used once, too painfull, 12 Oct 2011
bought the right expensive salt with it and tried it , well. once. it was darn painful , really. nothing like rinsing with nice saline spray or anything. maybe it was me but I am just saying , it is in my bathroom, laughing at me for the money spend on it...

Plum Products Octagonal  Large Sand Pit With Cover
Plum Products Octagonal Large Sand Pit With Cover

4.0 out of 5 stars great sandpit. size matters, 31 May 2011
I had trouble with the size too. and with the amount of sand. Our pit is half full which turns out to be enough so I have huge pile of leftover sand but it is indeed very hard to figure out the amount of sand needed.
cover is okay, problem is you need something to prop it up otherwise it fills with water when it rains. also not easy to put it on by yourself when you run outside to ' quickly toss it over. but overall it was the only decent alternative I found for 3 children instead of cramping them into half a plastic turtle. so I am happy with it. Not sure how long it will go...

Baby Op! Kids 140501-1 Shoe
Baby Op! Kids 140501-1 Shoe

3.0 out of 5 stars ok shoes, 31 May 2011
these are okay shoes, I love the way they look, even after weeks of wearing but I have to admit they are actually not comfortable enough for every day wearing. I should look out for a more comfy pair of school shoes and keep these for maybe special occasions in school... terribly cute .

BT 150 Digital Baby Monitor
BT 150 Digital Baby Monitor

4.0 out of 5 stars very good baby monitor, 31 May 2011
I really liked this baby monitor and the fact it plays music for the baby and is remote controllable. with the parent unit you can change the lullaby, you can also record your own voice or connect to mp3 player. we liked it so much that when it broke ( it did have a tough life) we bought a new identical one.

Island Beneath the Sea: A Novel (P.S.)
Island Beneath the Sea: A Novel (P.S.)

5.0 out of 5 stars beautifull Allende book, 3 May 2011
a very typical allende Story that takes you on an incredible journey full of love and agony. a must for fans

Kyocera FK Series White Ceramic 18cm Cooks Knife
Kyocera FK Series White Ceramic 18cm Cooks Knife
Offered by Harts Of Stur
Price: 58.54

2.0 out of 5 stars love at first sight but lacking after only one year, 3 May 2011
we bought a few of these kyocera knives and everybody loved them, we initially were a bit worried about them looking like plastic knives and then being crazily sharp. but... this last one actually donwright broke during its second use, cutting through a chicken ( trying to halve it, we halved the kinfe instead of the chicken! You could argue you shouldnt do that with a knife but we can honeslty do that for over ten years with all our zwillinge knives. So when one of the other knives chipped ( a little part of the blade came of while cutting parmesan, again this is obvioulsy not cutting sushi) we decided we werent replacing with kyoceras but with reugalr ones that have lasted us many many years.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 17, 2012 8:49 AM GMT

CeraVe Moisturizing Cream (16 oz)
CeraVe Moisturizing Cream (16 oz)
Offered by united care
Price: 14.23

5.0 out of 5 stars great product but what a shame about the pricing, 3 May 2011
This review is from: CeraVe Moisturizing Cream (16 oz)
this is an amazing product, it is one of the first products ever to repair a skin barrier and though you might have to keep on using it, it has relieved our babys eczema a lot after going trough a lot of products. Our US dermatologist suggested using this. however, it is untill now not available in the UK and this price is outrageous. The product costs around 11 USD in the states ( check amazon.com who wont ship it to the UK) so you can do the maths. the postage seems reasonable as it is half a kilo that is being shipped overseas but really, with some research you can buy these a lot cheaper.... it feels bad to pay 33GBP for a 9gbp priced cream no matter how good it is, no?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 27, 2013 1:20 AM GMT

Zagg Invisible SHIELD iPod Touch 4g Full Body Shield
Zagg Invisible SHIELD iPod Touch 4g Full Body Shield
Offered by Sharp Tech
Price: 12.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good at all, 4 Mar 2011
I thought I had bought an invisible, easy to install shield for front and back of my kids I touches, but applying one backside kept me from even opening the other pack. no way I would put this on the front, it must decrease the sensitivity of the screen to what you need it for, play games etc. It didnt fit, takes away the shine, and in other words, is see through but not invisible at all. very dissapointed.

Page: 1 | 2