Profile for Rosemary Hyam > Reviews

Content by Rosemary Hyam

Rosemary Hyam

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
A Concise History of Portugal (Cambridge Concise Histories)
A Concise History of Portugal (Cambridge Concise Histories)
by David Birmingham

5.0 out of 5 stars Concise and precise, 20 April 2014
I bought this book for university and found it really useful to find the background to the events that we were studying. Certainly very useful for historians and learners of Portuguese.

Tranquil Sleep
Tranquil Sleep

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my cuppa, 20 April 2014
This review is from: Tranquil Sleep (Audio CD)
Unfortunately this wasn't quite what I was expecting. I thought that it would be music, like panpipes, but it had a lot of talking on it. If you like listening to someone talking and it helps you nod off, perfect, but it just wasn't what I was expecting. There was some great advice though, so even if it didn't help me doze off, it did teach me a thing or two about how to sleep healthily.

Cultura y negocios.Libro del alumno: El español de la economía española y latinoamericana
by Emilio Iriarte
Edition: Perfect Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful, 20 April 2014
This book is crammed with useful vocabulary and information for the future businessperson. I have found it really useful when learning more about the world economy and business situation. My university uses it as their course book in the Spanish & Business Studies module and I can see why! I recommend it to those who wish to improve their Spanish and learn about business in the process.

La insolacion
La insolacion
by Carmen Laforet

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of Laforet's books, 20 April 2014
This review is from: La insolacion (Hardcover)
I have read Nada, La Mujer Nueva, La Isla y los Demonios and this book. Of all four, I would say that this is by far the best she wrote, from the books I have read. It is beautifully written in language that is easily understandable and a great plot. I don't want to give too much away, but I really do recommend it for Spanish-speaking people.

Weight Loss Smoothies: The Beginner's Guide to Losing Weight with Smoothies: Refreshing, Healthy Weight Loss Smoothies for Every Occasion (Everyday Recipes)

5.0 out of 5 stars Some fantastic ideas, 20 April 2014
These smoothies seem really nice. I haven't tried them yet, but have experimented with many similar smoothies. A great collection and lovely descriptions of what certain ingredients do to help your body in different ways.

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire [DVD] [2013]
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Jennifer Lawrence

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film, 20 April 2014
I bought this film after watching it in the cinema. I am a major fan. One thing I would suggest though, is that there is a need to watch the first one before watching the second one, if not it will make no sense to you. I think the second one was better produced, with some great camera shots and the plot is a nice fast pace.

Solitude (Flamingo)
Solitude (Flamingo)
by Anthony Storr

5.0 out of 5 stars Great overview, 20 April 2014
This review is from: Solitude (Flamingo) (Paperback)
This is great for summing up what uses there are for solitude and how it works in many different scenarios, it also makes one question their own uses and how solitude influences daily life. I am using the book to write an essay on solitude at university and highly recommend it to academics and anyone else who is exploring the topic further. The book pretty much has all of the basics covered.

Where, Oh Where, is Kipper's Bear?: A Pop-Up Book with Light!
Where, Oh Where, is Kipper's Bear?: A Pop-Up Book with Light!
by Mick Inkpen

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite childhood book!, 20 April 2014
I am 22 and still own this book. I can quote nearly all the lines and so can my mum, as it was my favourite book and is certainly my most memorable one. It's fun, with its many pop-up sections and the light at the end! Worth every penny and thoroughly enjoyable. Mick Inkpen is a great writer and illustrator - my childhood legend!

Barry M Nail Paint Gelly Nail Polish - Dragon Fruit GNP11
Barry M Nail Paint Gelly Nail Polish - Dragon Fruit GNP11

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, 21 Mar. 2014
I am not very girly girly and bought this nail varnish for a Barbie outfit I was putting together. Fantastic colour. You do have to apply quite a bit, but it's a lovely smooth finish when complete. I have used this frequently and often get compliments and asked what brand it is. As many other reviewers have said, it's an amazing brand, great colours and certainly worth the money.

Pineapple Double Script Sports Women's Bra
Pineapple Double Script Sports Women's Bra

5.0 out of 5 stars decent level of support provided., 21 Mar. 2014
I have used this bra mainly for low intensity exercise, which I think it suits, ie. running is ok, but I have a proper running bra that does a better job than this. It looks a lot nicer though and it a lot less obvious than a chunky running bra. It's also a lot comfier and hugs your body, rather than squeezing it all in, if that makes sense. I bought the medium and am a size 12, if that's any help size-wise. It fits absolutely fine, no issues with it being too small or big, but beware that it does stretch slightly as it is worn and washed, so it may be tighter to start with and then stretches a bit (I have had mine 6 months). Still works better than a normal bra though, so if it's comfort and a medium level of support you're after, this is the bra for you.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7