Profile for bettelank > Reviews

bettelank

A History of the World
A History of the World

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 24 Jun 2013
Accessible and engaging style and lots of information I hadn't been aware of before even though I have read around the subject a lot.

The Attenbury Emeralds
The Attenbury Emeralds
by Jill Paton Walsh
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 5 April 2013
This review is from: The Attenbury Emeralds (Audio CD)
As a huge Dorothy L Sayers fan I approached this book with scepticism. As I listened to it in the car I found it more and more difficult to open the door and get out. A masterpiece and I didn't guess the murderer!

Handpresso Intense Portafilter
Handpresso Intense Portafilter

5.0 out of 5 stars Really works!, 5 April 2013
Great for travel if you really need a strong cup of coffee in the morning. Neat and tidy to tuck away.

Up and Down Like a Dog at a Fair
Up and Down Like a Dog at a Fair

5.0 out of 5 stars An exciting new talent!, 20 Dec 2012
This book is full of wonderful surprises and great plot twists. It is also very funny. Helen Crawford's style is lively and refreshing and she demonstrates a superb grasp of the richness of the English language. A range of hilarious but completely believable characters pull Holly in all directions as she struggles to come to terms with the strangeness of her new life. It feels like a story told to you over a couple of glasses (well maybe bottles), of Rioja in the local pub and I loved it. I hope we hear a lot more from Ms Crawford who is a new and exciting talent to be watched.